Iven's Recent Activity

1. Iven replied to the thread Class Balancing - When is it happening?.

Good things need time. Sometimes 25 years. :p

May 8, 2024 at 3:09 PM
  2. Iven liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Class Balancing - When is it happening?.

They’re still working on it. They’ll be adding new AA ranks later in the year, around mid-December.

May 8, 2024 at 3:07 PM
  3. Iven replied to the thread Changing ornaments color.

Nope, even that it had been requested many times.

May 8, 2024 at 3:02 PM
  4. Iven replied to the thread Reviewing Torment of Velious expansion.

What about Crystal Caverns / Ry`Gorr Mines and Tower of Frozen Shadow ? Not much snow there. You missed half of the expansion content....

May 8, 2024 at 12:42 PM
  5. Iven liked fransisco's post in the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Thats the problem with addiction. In a year or two, he's gonna start having dreams. Then he'll think about it a bit during the daytime....

May 8, 2024 at 12:24 PM
  6. Iven replied to the thread EQ needs to refocus.

Refocusing to the roots does sound good as long as it does not turn into expansions like ToV. The devs should think more about the essence...

May 7, 2024 at 8:30 PM
  7. Iven liked Nennius's post in the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

If I were to guess, and it's always risky to do so, the OP has had other issues with the game that have been building for awhile and...

May 7, 2024 at 7:08 PM
  8. Iven replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Players that do not use personas will still be confronted with them by other players that do use them. I was not writing about...

May 7, 2024 at 6:41 PM
  9. Iven replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

They are watering down the originality and the immersion and are also problematic for the roleplay factor. For long time players it is...

May 7, 2024 at 2:52 PM
  10. Iven replied to the thread EQ needs to refocus.

EQ has already many features that don't require to kill stuff. Overseer, quests, collections, bazaar, crafting, foraging, fishing,...

May 7, 2024 at 2:43 PM
  11. Iven replied to the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

There are more factors beside the platinum farmers that do influence and raise the Krono price, but they most likely do have the biggest...

May 7, 2024 at 11:31 AM
  12. Iven replied to the thread Reviewing Torment of Velious expansion.

The difficulty was and is the maybe biggest problem, including the many roamers, but even single mobs are OPed. It is generally not a good...

May 7, 2024 at 11:22 AM
  13. Iven replied to the thread Reviewing Torment of Velious expansion.

Just four years. Same problem in a few other zones like Blackfeather Roost, Pillars of Alra, and ETWK. Should evac the PC to the ZI...

May 7, 2024 at 9:50 AM
  14. Iven replied to the thread Class Balancing - When is it happening?.

Darkpaw's solution for that so far are personas, which are not much better than alts. They can give the players more flexibility and...

May 7, 2024 at 7:47 AM
  15. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

I would define bad jokes as those where nobody does laugh. Dad jokes are close to that. Just as close as the words dad and bad are to each...

May 6, 2024 at 7:26 PM
  16. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

You don't know bad jokes then :p

May 6, 2024 at 10:11 AM
  17. Iven liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

May 6, 2024 at 10:05 AM
  18. Iven replied to the thread Class Balancing - When is it happening?.

The only way to balance that would be different powerfull mercs for each class. And a new merc class, that can agressively tank and heal,...

May 6, 2024 at 7:22 AM
  19. Iven replied to the thread Overseer - Tempest Festival quest line is stuck.

Even if it is not a bug, the problem are the agents that cannot be retired as they do create lag. I have about 100 agents on each account...

May 6, 2024 at 7:03 AM
  20. Iven replied to the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

The botters and afk farmers are not needed to keep the economy stable. Instead they do destroy the economy by the huge pp inflation and...

May 6, 2024 at 6:39 AM
  21. Iven posted a new thread.

Overseer - Tempest Festival quest line is stuck

Had done Contamination Quandary twice now, but the next quest does not get unlocked. Being stuck there since about three days. This is on a...

Forum: Bug Reports

May 6, 2024 at 6:07 AM
  22. Iven replied to the thread Any suggestions for attempting a progressive character on a normal server?.

Well, LED screens are LCD screens with an LED background lighting and much more dangerous for the eyes than the old LCD screens with a...

May 5, 2024 at 6:21 PM
  23. Iven replied to the thread Any suggestions for attempting a progressive character on a normal server?.

The older CRT screens had a frequency of only 50-60 Hz in europe. Might had been a little bit different for the US energy system. 50-60...

May 5, 2024 at 2:27 PM
  24. Iven replied to the thread Any suggestions for attempting a progressive character on a normal server?.

Would be nice but DBG does want to sell expansions and subscriptions. It would be time for some fresh ideas like low level expansions on...

May 5, 2024 at 7:29 AM
  25. Iven replied to the thread Any suggestions for attempting a progressive character on a normal server?.

And have to use old hardware like a Pentium 100, 15" CRT screen, 33/56k modem, and Windows 95/98 for classic EQ. Have to upgrade the...

May 5, 2024 at 7:04 AM
  26. Iven replied to the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

[IMG]

May 4, 2024 at 4:55 PM
  27. Iven replied to the thread The Achilles heal of modern MMO players and design..

Stand still soldier ! Would be nice if wars would be like that on both/all sides. So much more efficient. Move !

May 4, 2024 at 12:04 PM
  28. Iven replied to the thread Overseer Critical Failure? whats the point..

Nice. Now rename or delete that log file to reduce your local lag ! :)

May 4, 2024 at 11:53 AM
  29. Iven replied to the thread I hate reCaptcha.

Your arguments for and against like/dislike buttons are interchangeable. It could be as interesting to know why people do like posts,...

May 4, 2024 at 11:43 AM
  30. Iven liked Bilbo Backpackens's post in the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

There are what i consider 3 levels of afk killing. Two you can test, the other you just witness. No automation, let a merc or pet kill...

May 4, 2024 at 9:55 AM
  31. Iven replied to the thread Overseer Critical Failure? whats the point..

The success rate got changed many times. Some time ago a shown sucess rate of about 80% was like a 100% succes rate, if no agent got kicked...

May 4, 2024 at 9:48 AM
  32. Iven replied to the thread The Achilles heal of modern MMO players and design..

Is that a producer or player perspective ? Anyway, I think that the hyperfocus on efficiency is a sickness that does affect everybody...

May 4, 2024 at 7:15 AM
  33. Iven replied to the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

It is hard to tell if they are AFK but stuff like warping around is only possible with 3rd party software. And to detect the presence of...

May 4, 2024 at 7:12 AM
  34. Iven replied to the thread AFK Mages in Old Zones.

It is a well known mechanic and does also work with tank mercs and other classes. Some of those are botters and not just afk farmers. Those...

May 4, 2024 at 7:00 AM
  35. Iven replied to the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

May 3, 2024 at 6:39 PM
  36. Iven replied to the thread Overseer Critical Failure? whats the point..

You have to deal with the lag then. In just a few weeks it would be more efficient if you would convert your agents now. Darkpaw don't...

May 3, 2024 at 5:42 PM
  37. Iven replied to the thread I hate reCaptcha.

There is still hope for new and better forums, that are also better structured: Stickies, guides, more subforums, dislike button, private...

May 3, 2024 at 2:25 PM
  38. Iven replied to the thread Human vs iskar on live.

The original troll models have or had much roleplay flavor and the HP regen bonus was part of that. I would prefer to play a troll shaman...

May 3, 2024 at 2:12 PM
  39. Iven replied to the thread Human vs iskar on live.

lag post

May 3, 2024 at 1:57 PM
  40. Iven replied to the thread Human vs iskar on live.

I do disagree with that argument. The game is more boring without the racial differences: Bonuses and maluses. Both "categories" were...

May 3, 2024 at 1:56 PM
  41. Iven replied to the thread last played in circa 2010.

Savant syndrom ? :cool:

May 2, 2024
  42. Iven replied to the thread Human vs iskar on live.

Oh, didn't knew that iksar do also receive the HP regen bonus. Thought that it's only AC beside the unimportant skills like swimming. Iksar...

May 2, 2024
  43. Iven replied to the thread last played in circa 2010.

It is impressive that CatsPaws has always an answer ready. She seems to have a well organized library on her computer, or is very good in...

May 2, 2024
  44. Iven replied to the thread What class to re-start with?.

Cleric, enchanter or wizard. Rogue or berserker if you prefer melee classes.

May 1, 2024
  45. Iven liked Quicksand's post in the thread What class to re-start with?.

Try to recover your old account. The necro is now powerful. Make a new character and run thru the tutorial to learn what you have missed....

May 1, 2024
  46. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

Right Said Guard Frederick, the Wind spirit's Song is inviting YOU to join their guild. It would be an honor for them if you press FOLLOW.

May 1, 2024
  47. Iven liked birdsong_pawn's post in the thread Joke for the day.

Track: I'm Too Squishy Artist: Right Said Guard Frederick I'm too sexy for my buffs Too sexy for my buffs Buffs are going to leave me...

May 1, 2024
  48. Iven replied to the thread [feature request] /safelock.

For good reasons. As cats are able to open locked doors with their uber picklock skills, they should also be able to press Shift+Up....

Apr 30, 2024
  49. Iven replied to the thread Tempest Festival - Felled by the Rain.

It does only update the task for the PC that does click the item. Does work for those that have them stored in the inventory, but does...

Apr 30, 2024
  50. Iven posted a new thread.

Tempest Festival - Felled by the Rain

PCs inside a group cannot finish the quest if a group member has finished the second task step "Defeat the virga storm lords" (and finished...

Apr 30, 2024
  51. Iven replied to the thread [feature request] /safelock.

The command does only work with a password. Same text line to unlock the interface.

Apr 30, 2024
  52. Iven liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Stomples for 3 days?.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-stomples-day-bonuses-2024 And it only lasts 3 days in the middle of the week? Sheesh It takes me a...

Apr 29, 2024
  53. Iven replied to the thread Stomples for 3 days?.

Isn't Stomples Day over already ? o_O Still being trapped in that tavern from Brew Day and I want back my Goranga Spear !

Apr 29, 2024
  54. Iven replied to the thread What class for the new server are you?.

Is this a poll ? ... :cool:

Apr 29, 2024
  55. Iven replied to the thread [feature request] /safelock.

It is the command to protect the game from the CatsPaws.

Apr 29, 2024
  56. Iven replied to the thread [feature request] /safelock.

Type /ex to fix that ! /saf does nothing here, just like SplitPaw :p did mentioned.

Apr 29, 2024
  57. Iven liked CatsPaws's post in the thread [feature request] /safelock.

Sept 2019 *** Miscellaneous *** - The /safelock command now requires typing the full command in order to function to prevent accidental...

Apr 29, 2024
  58. Iven replied to the thread Returning player leveling question.

Check my website for the Leveling Guide. I don't think that there is generally a best path. You would start in Veil of Alaris and continue...

Apr 29, 2024
  59. Iven replied to the thread Group comp question.

Should be worth a try if you don't mind the melee positioning. But I think that it would be better to stay with your setup and just add a...

Apr 27, 2024
  60. Iven replied to the thread Rathe Day Calendar Mistake?.

To much event content is overburdening many players and it can be hard to keep track of all the stuff that is going on at the same time...

Apr 18, 2024
  61. Iven liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Apr 18, 2024
  62. Iven replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

It is old school. ;) I do get his intention, that he does want to concentrate on one character and this might even work with a shaman....

Apr 18, 2024
  63. Iven replied to the thread Returning Player - Graphics Help?.

No. PoH has less polygons than PoT I think. It could be a texture buffer problem that is related to DX11. It has nothing to do with your...

Apr 18, 2024
  64. Iven replied to the thread What to do at level 100?.

Welcome Sweety ! :cool:

Apr 18, 2024
  65. Iven replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

I didn't wanted to go to deep into the details as the bard got already mentioned as the best puller. Fade is an escape ability that can...

Apr 18, 2024
  66. Iven replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

For the persona feature you could wait until it will appear in the marketplace in january, or you can buy the discounted LS expansion in...

Apr 18, 2024
  67. Iven replied to the thread Molo ?.

Or Loose-lin. :eek:

Apr 18, 2024
  68. Iven replied to the thread Anniversary Tower Door 4 is unlocked!.

The tower was fine until tier 2 got released, then things got puzzling and to difficult with all those raid mechanics. I do already...

Apr 18, 2024
  69. Iven replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

For PL it would be druid or cleric, but boxing two healer classes is nonsense. If you want ports, evac, and other usefull things, go with...

Apr 17, 2024
  70. Iven replied to the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

It requires to camp and kill two lvl 35 named NPCs in MM/MMC over and over. Sure a bit easier than the lvl 47 ghoul lord, but still to hard...

Apr 17, 2024
  71. Iven posted a new thread.

Typo - 21st Anniversary: I Guess This Is Growing Up

21st Anniversary: I Guess This Is Growing Up Possible typo, but my english might not be good enough. You say, 'How can defiance make one...

Apr 17, 2024
  72. Iven replied to the thread Anniversary Tower Door 4 is unlocked!.

No new collection set, and why does the new tower tier does get unlocked in the middle of the month and not at the start and being...

Apr 17, 2024
  73. Iven replied to the thread It’s time to bag a Bag or two!.

They would have to fire a dev if doing so, and that would eat into the size of the next expansion. ;)

Apr 17, 2024
  74. Iven replied to the thread How is data saved and stored here? And what can I do to protect things on my end?.

It should be easier to just backup the UI files regularly. Because if you change the UI elements of your primary characters, you cannot...

Apr 17, 2024
  75. Iven replied to the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

Only for original EQ until TRoK got released and I am not sure if it really was the best one for that short era in that level range. The...

Apr 17, 2024
  76. Iven replied to the thread How to fully save UI customization settings?.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-is-data-saved-and-stored-here-and-what-can-i-do-to-protect-things-on-my-end.297277...

Apr 17, 2024
  77. Iven replied to the thread Slowness in large player settings.

It is a well known bug and an incompatibility issue. You don't have to upgrade your hardware. EQ does run to nearly 100% on the CPU cores,...

Apr 17, 2024
  78. Iven replied to the thread Returning Player - Graphics Help?.

Open the LaunchPad and verify the files Ingame: Alt-J and turn the journal off. Options > Display: Put the Far Clip Plane to 70 or...

Apr 16, 2024
  79. Iven replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

I could answer one question that you asked. The client does not generate separate UI files for each resolution. They do all get...

Apr 16, 2024
  80. Iven replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

The design does make sense when you could see it from the inside and is build very logical. The whole case is stuffed with dozens of...

Apr 16, 2024
  81. Iven replied to the thread Please fix Alt-Tab!.

Be warned that your issue can still remain after the patch.

Apr 16, 2024
  82. Iven replied to the thread Returning after 20 years.

Have you ever played on Drinal and AB ? I knew a Dan there. My recommendation is that you should just start a new character that is...

Apr 16, 2024
  83. Iven replied to the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

If you do play on AB, I would give you some of my collected newbie weps for free. Just send me a message on the forums. Else check out my...

Apr 16, 2024
  84. Iven replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

This is how some users did it in the past by the hardware: [IMG]

Apr 16, 2024
  85. Iven replied to the thread Keyboard question.

But you do surf there. [IMG]

Apr 15, 2024
  86. Iven replied to the thread Keyboard question.

Cheap keyboards do not last for a long time. Maybe a year for that walmart thing. Use a small desk lamp or an USB light instead an RGB LED...

Apr 15, 2024
  87. Iven replied to the thread Molo ?.

Thx, that is good to know.

Apr 15, 2024
  88. Iven replied to the thread Molo ?.

Are you sure that the special merc liasions do not grant a power bonus ? I never noticed a difference, but a friend is confident that the...

Apr 15, 2024
  89. Iven replied to the thread Molo ?.

Molo is similar to Yolo (You only live once) and does mean: Me only live once

Apr 14, 2024
  90. Iven replied to the thread Imagine this. . . ..

Here we go... Old car [IMG] [IMG] The clowns with their new car

Apr 14, 2024
  91. Iven liked Bilderov's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

At this stage the only thing you can do is vote with your feet. DBG are not going to do much of anything outside of their rather limited...

Apr 14, 2024
  92. Iven replied to the thread Imagine this. . . ..

As DX11 does not work properly, we can forget about Unreal Engine 5. Both would only work in a new game correctly. The devs are trying to...

Apr 14, 2024
  93. Iven liked Brontus's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

A dislike button would not be a good idea in my opinion. It would most certainly increase the toxicity of the forums because it...

Apr 13, 2024
  94. Iven replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

For the sake of balance, either a "dislike button" should be added, or the "like button" being removed. Most of your arguments against...

Apr 13, 2024
  95. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I do know that those models do already exist in those two games. Porting them over to an Unreal engine could have something to mean....

Apr 13, 2024
  96. Iven replied to the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

Even when having already a shaman in the group for ADPS ?

Apr 12, 2024
  97. Iven replied to the thread Best class to pair with a mage?.

Enchanter or Druid, or even both. Both do lack DPS but are a nice group additions for their utilities. The travel bonus is nice to have but...

Apr 12, 2024
  98. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

That could be the start for a new project. Great work on that dwagon and all the other creatures. I would like to see a new wood elf...

Apr 12, 2024
  99. Iven replied to the thread Character Birthdays.

Do you think about anyone particular ?

Apr 11, 2024
  100. Iven replied to the thread Character Birthdays.

Sparkles, glitter, and a temporary pink pony mount.

Apr 11, 2024
  101. Iven replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

A movie would be possible if the budget could be kept low. Like a b-movie or cartoon. Could even be a player made project. Roles. Dwarf...

Apr 11, 2024
  102. Iven replied to the thread 6 Box Melee Dream Team - 2024 Edition.

As a gang of six should have a porting class, you should replace one magician with a wizard. Instead of planing to use different melee DPS...

Apr 11, 2024
  103. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It is only one year ago I think. However that year felt like many years and was a year of pain. As pain is just another word for darkpaw,...

Apr 11, 2024
  104. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

As hope is often an illusion, we need visions and goals instead.

Apr 11, 2024
  105. Iven liked KushallaFV's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I provided a factual interview from Tim Sweeney and you disregard it, but use anecdotes as facts for your other posts. I’m...

Apr 11, 2024
  106. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Original EQ and the oldest expansions would benefit at most from a graphical revamp, but only for a new project like "EverQuest Revamped"...

Apr 11, 2024
  107. Iven liked KushallaFV's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Epic CEO Tim Sweeney mentioned it in a recent interview. Tim Sweeney on UE5 benefits.

Apr 11, 2024
  108. Iven replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

FTE ?

Apr 11, 2024
  109. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

As everything is negotiable, they just have to make a better deal or forget about that engine. For current EverQuest, 5% and more is not...

Apr 11, 2024
  110. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

My setup is fine, but as the program does crash every time, something at my Windows installation might be screwed. Many older 32 bit...

Apr 11, 2024
  111. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It is not but it does depend on the class that does get used. Using your method does waste a lot of time with pulling and kiting mobs...

Apr 11, 2024
  112. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I tried a different method by first putting both boxes to the character selection and then activating the MakeWindowFullscreen.exe, but...

Apr 10, 2024
  113. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

If that is a one-time price, it will only be 0.5% over 10 years. Also 1/10 for the converting costs.

Apr 10, 2024
  114. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Does only work for one client here, and the program does crash after each launch. Cannot adress a second client (same exe name) with it.

Apr 10, 2024
  115. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It is there but does not work correctly. The EQ fullscreen window is nearly always going out of focus when switching back to it, which...

Apr 10, 2024
  116. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The chance is 99% that you will get disappointed.

Apr 10, 2024
  117. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I think that he is also only here to win discussions and is often using dummy arguments like the strawman argument and other black...

Apr 10, 2024
  118. Iven liked Tuco's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

For anyone arguing with Waring, note that if DPG decided to upgrade to Unreal 5 and people came in here to say why that's a bad idea, he'd...

Apr 10, 2024
  119. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I know about a smaller gaming company that did something like that on their own. Maybe they just bought some software but it made them...

Apr 10, 2024
  120. Iven replied to the thread Unreadable forums.

Female 21 years old Anime fan Graphic artist Webdesigner

Apr 10, 2024
  121. Iven replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

An ingame NPC/monster database catalogue would be nice. Showing an animated 3D picture of the NPC with it's rough stats, abilites, and some...

Apr 10, 2024
  122. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Basically Daybreak does need a spin-off or affiliated company that could buy an Unreal engine license much cheaper, even if the license...

Apr 10, 2024
  123. Iven replied to the thread Status of new UI Engine.

They sure are still working hard on it, but it seems to be an unsolvable problem. It caused a chain reaction and to many elements are...

Apr 10, 2024
  124. Iven replied to the thread Status of new UI Engine.

Apr 10, 2024
  125. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

They just have to make a better license contract deal that is not based on percents. 5% is a mafia price and ebay/paypal nearly ruined...

Apr 10, 2024
  126. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It got not fixed as I just tested it on the test server. The game does still automatically switch into the windowed mode after the server...

Apr 10, 2024
  127. Iven liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

One person. Not one studio. One person did this. Zoneless Classic Everquest Antonica Run... now in Unreal! [media]

Apr 10, 2024
  128. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Fascinating.

Apr 10, 2024
  129. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Waring does not have any dreams beside nightmares. All he is about is blocking everything that would change his world. His deity is CT.

Apr 10, 2024
  130. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Exactly. Without destroying the nostalgia of existing zones. Selling franchise titles (permission contracts) could be a good concept for...

Apr 10, 2024
  131. Iven liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Gotta keep moving forward.

Apr 10, 2024
  132. Iven replied to the thread different noob questions.

As I don't know when mercs are available on TLP servers, and how he does want to play, it is hard to give any advices. I think that it is...

Apr 10, 2024
  133. Iven liked Silver-Crow's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

To be honest, just convert Classic and you've got your new USP for the next TLP to draw people in. Then make the expansion release...

Apr 9, 2024
  134. Iven replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

This guy is awesome and should be hired as a freelancer dev.

Apr 9, 2024
  135. Iven replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

Dr. Evil has taken over Norrath with AI ?

Apr 9, 2024
  136. Iven replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

I don't want to go through all replies so my questions might had already been answered: Why did you gave up encounter locking, which was...

Apr 9, 2024
  137. Iven replied to the thread different noob questions.

Haste does stack for up to three versions. In the same category, the highest bonus does apply. v1 - Worn item haste: Cloak of Flames,...

Apr 9, 2024
  138. Iven replied to the thread What classes do you think today are underpowered?.

Still a bad concept that never should had implemented. It would be the best to remove those flaws and to increase the paladin DPS...

Apr 9, 2024
  139. Iven replied to the thread What classes do you think today are underpowered?.

The warrior could be on the same account ...

Apr 8, 2024
  140. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

I did red that Brahma will talk to us via WLAN today. Still waiting for his call.

Apr 8, 2024
  141. Iven replied to the thread Customer Support said to message Angeliana on the Forums. No reply after 20 days. DB Evasion Tactic?.

As mentioned, we are already there. Thx for confirming that you are with us.

Apr 8, 2024
  142. Iven replied to the thread How about a Titles/Suffixes Acct/Character Age/Life Credit.

"Old school player" is the code for noob.

Apr 8, 2024
  143. Iven replied to the thread What classes do you think today are underpowered?.

It is a bad idea to give the paladin class magician class skills, and vice versa. It will mix those classes to some point, and there is...

Apr 8, 2024
  144. Iven replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Sorry to note that, but I think that guilds do add to the social fabric, instead of damaging it. Overseer has nothing to do with guilds...

Apr 7, 2024
  145. Iven replied to the thread Customer Support said to message Angeliana on the Forums. No reply after 20 days. DB Evasion Tactic?.

As a note: We, including the forums, are already in the inpatient rehabilitation center. /wave poppyspy Now that you received your...

Apr 7, 2024
  146. Iven replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Just like in the good old days after being lfg for an half hour. Well, sometimes people remembered one; sometimes to the good, sometimes...

Apr 7, 2024
  147. Iven replied to the thread How about a Titles/Suffixes Acct/Character Age/Life Credit.

Time for an addition, isn't it ?

Apr 7, 2024
  148. Iven replied to the thread How about a Titles/Suffixes Acct/Character Age/Life Credit.

My beer bottle does have an additional idea. ;) ... the PC age could be linked to the expansion phase name, when it got created....

Apr 7, 2024
  149. Iven replied to the thread How about a Titles/Suffixes Acct/Character Age/Life Credit.

Would be better if special titles do get unlocked depending on the PC age for those that want to brag with that. But nothing like showing a...

Apr 7, 2024
  150. Iven replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Interesting theory that has to be proofed. A few questions came up, that are not getting answered in your post: How exactly do static...

Apr 7, 2024
  151. Iven replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

NPCs should be excluded from the NO TRADE rule of items, if that is technically possible. It would even increase the sales for Token of...

Apr 6, 2024
  152. Iven liked Bobokin's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

If someone makes a mistake and purchases two of the same spell, it is $4k down the bit bucket. If someone purchases a spell but finds he...

Apr 6, 2024
  153. Iven replied to the thread How is data saved and stored here? And what can I do to protect things on my end?.

New and old UI are both not working correctly since decades and there is no solution for some of the window position saving. Some data does...

Apr 6, 2024
  154. Iven posted a new thread.

Giants and other mysteries

Found that picture in a video. They had six toes and six thumbs on each hand/foot and their remains do still get found. Smaller giants do...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 6, 2024
  155. Iven replied to the thread Unreadable forums.

Does show the horrible Windows 10 font rendering. Use Better ClearType Tuner or ClearType-Switch to adjust it ! "Antialising / smooth...

Apr 5, 2024
  156. Iven replied to the thread Unreadable forums.

It is grey background, black font.

Apr 5, 2024
  157. Iven replied to the thread Problems logging into AB servers.

Run the LaunchPad and verify the files.

Apr 5, 2024
  158. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

Already wondered who does listen to such music. :D

Apr 5, 2024
  159. Iven replied to the thread Blackburrow.

It is the new drake model. A baby dragon. Other colors like blue and red do also exist.

Apr 4, 2024
  160. Iven replied to the thread Can't change hair while character creation.

Could be related to the new graphics card compatibility problems. Make sure to update your graphics card drivers.

Apr 4, 2024
  161. Iven replied to the thread Guide events.

Guides as quest givers do usually act like NPCs, so they do only react to some but not all input. It is a bonus to have them around even if...

Apr 3, 2024
  162. Iven liked Yinla's post in the thread More excellent feedback.

Or they could just give us a feedback/suggestion forum so everyone knows where to post.

Apr 3, 2024
  163. Iven replied to the thread More excellent feedback.

Added to the suggestions thread index.

Apr 3, 2024
  164. Iven liked Obsian's post in the thread More excellent feedback.

It would be awesome if the name of the Raid/Quest/Expedition giver was in the Expedition Information window! As always thank you for...

Apr 3, 2024
  165. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

Humor in generally. You should be happy that it wasn't yours.

Apr 3, 2024
  166. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

I do remember that The Elder Scrolls (3) Morrowind (or Daggerfall ?) had a zone construction kit. There was also the "Bard's Tale...

Apr 3, 2024
  167. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

Just teasing you, so that you can find your humor back.

Apr 3, 2024
  168. Iven replied to the thread Greater Faydark on Agnarr.

[IMG]

Apr 3, 2024
  169. Iven replied to the thread Who stole the tradeskill containers at Dogle's bank?.

Bristlebane must live in San Diego. 365 days a year for the UI.

Apr 2, 2024
  170. Iven liked KarmaKitty's post in the thread Who stole the tradeskill containers at Dogle's bank?.

Now, that is a great April fools prank. Make all the TS containers invisible.

Apr 2, 2024
  171. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

Someone was recently riding with the train without having a ticket. When the controller catched him, he said: "I knew that I had to buy a...

Apr 2, 2024
  172. Iven replied to the thread Lunatic Title.

No cat room this year for me. The character selection background theme got also messed up a few times. Year of Darkpaw -> Summer (for...

Apr 2, 2024
  173. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

[IMG]

Apr 2, 2024
  174. Iven replied to the thread Lunatic Title.

Wow, I just received the lunatic title with my last post !

Apr 1, 2024
  175. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

Yeah, after you did red Yinla's post. Bristlebane with you my friend ! :D "You fool me, but you can't get fooled again." [media]

Apr 1, 2024
  176. Iven liked Nennius's post in the thread Lunatic Title.

10 minutes zoning from GFay to N. Felwithe and back again and I am an official lunatic. I am so proud.

Apr 1, 2024
  177. Iven replied to the thread Surprise patch tomorrow..

That is unbelievable ! :cool: Thx for that good msg. ;)

Apr 1, 2024
  178. Iven replied to the thread Lunatic Title.

I heard that halflings do receive a bonus for achieving the title ... My halfling drood is the only one of my toons, who got it.

Apr 1, 2024
  179. Iven replied to the thread Lunatic Title.

Multiplied by two for CatsPaws. :p

Apr 1, 2024
  180. Iven liked Hekaton's post in the thread Lunatic Title.

the amount of times you have to zone is equal to the amount of posts you have on the eq forums

Apr 1, 2024
  181. Iven replied to the thread Player made expansion !.

So not everyone does like a player made expansion ?! :cool: Nah ! Grats for failing onto my april fools prank a second time,...

Apr 1, 2024
  182. Iven replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

It really does depend on what people do define as work. About all people are under total mind control. I am not working, I am only...

Apr 1, 2024
  183. Iven liked kizant's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

The solution is simple. All they need to do is create a new trade skill in game that allows you to create content which is then used as...

Apr 1, 2024
  184. Iven replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

And you never know what the real motivation of paid workers is. Oh McMarrin... :rolleyes: Do never go out without wearing a helmet,...

Apr 1, 2024
  185. Iven replied to the thread Greater Faydark on Agnarr.

All other starting zones should be fine. I agree that it is bad game design to place kos high level NPCs into newbie zones but usually...

Apr 1, 2024
  186. Iven replied to the thread Greater Faydark on Agnarr.

They are part of an event. Year of Darkpaw, to get the Emerald Key for the anniversary tower in NRO iirr. They will be up the whole year I...

Apr 1, 2024
  187. Iven posted a new thread.

Player made expansion !

After 25 years and 30 expansions it would be time for a player made expansion ! It could be made in classic style to reduce the...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 1, 2024