Iven's Recent Activity

1. Iven replied to the thread Server Sizes.

In the early years there were split servers for overcrowded starting servers. The usual pattern was that the population of two overcrowded...

Jul 15, 2024 at 1:29 AM
  2. Iven replied to the thread Day/Night Cycle Broken (Tormax - Swamp of No Hope).

That happens sometimes when running two clients and it also could be a bug. Might be solved after the server reset on wednesday. If not you...

Jul 15, 2024 at 1:14 AM
  3. Iven replied to the thread Hide players command.

/hidemodels [players / pets / mercenaries / all / none] [none / afk / afk noncombat / noncombat] Hotbutton 1 /hidemodels players...

Jul 15, 2024 at 1:03 AM
  4. Iven replied to the thread Test Update 07/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

What is the point there ? Everything was fine. From the EQ II wiki:

Jul 15, 2024 at 12:29 AM
  5. Iven liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Update 07/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

July 9, 2024 _____________________ *** Items *** - Sodden Staff of the Kedge's teleport to Dagnor's Cauldron no longer places players...

Jul 15, 2024 at 12:22 AM
  6. Iven replied to the thread Augs/items in anniv tower.

Actually I had agreed with you on the fact that time sinks and gear getting outdated are needed.

Jul 14, 2024 at 8:00 PM
  7. Iven replied to the thread Augs/items in anniv tower.

Which is not a bad thing but things have speeded up immensely. In the early years, lets say in 2001, the PC had worn gear for up to...

Jul 14, 2024 at 6:04 PM
  8. Iven replied to the thread Confirmed Anniversary tower completely bugged..

There already was such a patch and it worked for some bosses. Looking forward for the next one.

Jul 14, 2024 at 5:48 PM
  9. Iven liked Sissruukk's post in the thread Old log in music.

[IMG]

Jul 14, 2024 at 5:44 PM
  10. Iven replied to the thread Old log in music.

Old login music: Delete eqtheme.mp3 , and after each update. It will then play the original midi theme. Same can be done for the...

Jul 14, 2024 at 2:41 PM
  11. Iven replied to the thread Augs/items in anniv tower.

It won't work over such a huge level range because stats do increase exponentially and not linear. The main issue is that there are too...

Jul 14, 2024 at 3:23 AM
  12. Iven replied to the thread Confirmed Anniversary tower completely bugged..

In Oasis of Forest, half of the mobs do attack at once. Then the Orc Thaumaturgist is casting a 30k DoT (Howl of the Undying) onto my lvl...

Jul 13, 2024 at 11:38 PM
  13. Iven posted a new thread.

Anniversary Tower - T1/\/\3L3Ss T0k3/\/$

Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time does only accept Timeless Tokens from the Alt Currency inventory tab but not those from bags.

Forum: Bug Reports

Jul 12, 2024 at 11:09 PM
  14. Iven replied to the thread History!.

How many corpses were needed to spell "Filthy Casual" ? ;)

Jul 12, 2024 at 7:47 PM
  15. Iven replied to the thread History!.

Ok... How many of them are still alive ? How many of them do still work on EQ ? And what is the purpose of this information ? Because...

Jul 12, 2024 at 7:41 PM
  16. Iven replied to the thread What class is Prexus Oceanlord?.

Battleship

Jul 11, 2024 at 9:29 PM
  17. Iven replied to the thread Information overload!.

The level cap of ToL is level 120. It is not a new expansion, it just got unlocked for everyone. It got released in 2021.

Jul 11, 2024 at 9:14 PM
  18. Iven replied to the thread Information overload!.

I don't think that it is correct to not use a comma because it could be interpretet that Agnarr has unlocklled Ring of Scale, which is...

Jul 10, 2024 at 10:00 PM
  19. Iven replied to the thread Returning player looking for some help (newbie/veteran ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

As Alnitak mentioned, you should rethink your box combo (Warrior, Cleric, Druid/Wizard, Shaman, Enchanter, Bard) if you have no special...

Jul 10, 2024 at 10:38 AM
  20. Iven replied to the thread Anti Virus Software.

Antivirus software is problematic because they can be spyware, do slow down the system performance, and many viruses got developed by...

Jul 10, 2024 at 9:55 AM
  21. Iven replied to the thread Returning player looking for some help (newbie/veteran ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

I would change the wording from best way to get experience to fastest way to get experience, as players do miss more content when they...

Jul 9, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  22. Iven replied to the thread Returning.

The lore is the same than in the past, but the game and the gameplay has changed. To receive some nostaliga, you could consider playing on...

Jul 9, 2024 at 7:42 PM
  23. Iven liked Angeliana's post in the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Topic closed as per OP request. (Please feel free to PM me, or report your first post asking for it to be closed next time. This ensures I...

Jul 9, 2024 at 8:38 AM
  24. Iven liked feign_life's post in the thread Swimming Mount.

Teir`Dalphin.

Jul 8, 2024
  25. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

So the only reason for the revamp was to keep up with the new competitive product. Not to grant the players a better game experience....

Jul 8, 2024
  26. Iven liked Allworth's post in the thread Suggestion: Server Select does show the amount of account characters per server.

World of Warcraft has this already. :)

Jul 8, 2024
  27. Iven liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Suggestion: Server Select does show the amount of account characters per server.

This is assuming that you have kept the same install since you have started playing and haven't ever done fresh installs. It isn't that...

Jul 8, 2024
  28. Iven replied to the thread Swimming Mount.

As EQ is based on Tanarus, a tank war game, a gnomish yellow submarine that could fire torpedos would be something. Let's sing along: "We...

Jul 8, 2024
  29. Iven replied to the thread Things are heating up!.

They are there. I added more than 60 map locations to ZAM.

Jul 8, 2024
  30. Iven replied to the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

I don't know why the veteran rewards got unlocked to everyone, but I assume that it was to puzzling and difficult to synchronize with...

Jul 6, 2024
  31. Iven posted a new thread.

Faction window when minimized

When the faction window is minimized and then a faction link in the chat window does get clicked, the faction window cannot be maximized...

Jul 6, 2024
  32. Iven replied to the thread Joke for the day.

Recently in Gukta ...

Jul 6, 2024
  33. Iven replied to the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

Stat food are fake rewards and I instantly do destroy them. I do the quests for the stories and to get them done. The rewards are not...

Jul 6, 2024
  34. Iven liked Nennius's post in the thread Joke for the day.

[IMG]

Jul 6, 2024
  35. Iven replied to the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

I do not like familiars as they are, even that a few ones do look nice and have a proper size. Some could be increased in size or receive...

Jul 6, 2024
  36. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

I think that the thread can be closed as everything has been discussed, and no constructive new input is coming in. The users are running...

Jul 5, 2024
  37. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

As we found out in the discussion, those are workarounds, but not solutions. No need for bringing up that old argument again about the...

Jul 5, 2024
  38. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

The goal is to prevent re-aggro, so that escape abilities work as they should. It is up to the devs to decide what would be the best...

Jul 5, 2024
  39. Iven liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Suggestion: Server Select does show the amount of account characters per server.

This request seems to be how many characters your account has on each server, not how many total players are on each server.

Jul 5, 2024
  40. Iven posted a new thread.

Suggestion: Server Select does show the amount of account characters per server

84. Server Select does show the amount of account characters per server To make player characters easier findable.

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jul 5, 2024
  41. Iven replied to the thread Next xpac.

If Ngreth hates grinding, the players would receive good experience with the next level cap increase. It is more an adjustment problem...

Jul 5, 2024
  42. Iven replied to the thread Swimming Mount.

I hunted Bilge without a tracker or cheating. The zone is very small, it just takes a lot of time.

Jul 5, 2024
  43. Iven replied to the thread Hmm.. things need changing..

Well I once had to delete two characters to get access to two other ones, which were locked behind the AllAccess paywall. And I had...

Jul 5, 2024
  44. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

The same can be done with a low level PC/persona in older content. Over and over like on TLP servers. I highly doubt that top end players...

Jul 5, 2024
  45. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Both account types do share the same game mechanics and structure. AAs can be earned by going AllAccess for one month. As the main...

Jul 5, 2024
  46. Iven replied to the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Jul 4, 2024
  47. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

Only idiots do pay for something without receiving something back instantly. Kickstarter is fraud by concept. Ask Pantheon players about...

Jul 4, 2024
  48. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

Daybreak does only care about cash and does belong to EG7, who are even more about cash. It is the dev team that does care about the...

Jul 4, 2024
  49. Iven replied to the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

Sooner or later we will all meet again on TLP servers. ;)

Jul 4, 2024
  50. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

I havn't seen them and cannot remember doing that. :) How can I ignore a fact if I am moloing a rogue myself for easier content ?...

Jul 4, 2024
  51. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

The rogue succor version is Stealthy Getaway. Casting time is the same but works different: Requires five seconds to be hidden.

Jul 4, 2024
  52. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

That argument is complete nonsense -> Strawman argument. Nobody does want to grant the rogue healing spells or to be like in WoW. Balance...

Jul 4, 2024
  53. Iven liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

People go on vacations in the Summer. No matter what events you have in the summer the online count is going to be the same.

Jul 4, 2024
  54. Iven replied to the thread Producer's Letter July 2024.

Start new alts/personas and you will be more than busy. There are already five events going on during the summer as you can see here. In...

Jul 4, 2024
  55. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

Yeah, things are not looking that good. The project is pretty stable atm, but that can change. New players and the children of EQ players...

Jul 4, 2024
  56. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Rogue survivability has nothing to do with what I am doing. The rogue as a melee class is and always was to squishy. Same for...

Jul 4, 2024
  57. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

The bard class can already clear aggro multiple times with fade (bard escape) inbetween seconds. And rogue Escape did just what you...

Jul 4, 2024
  58. Iven replied to the thread NPC - Multi spawn - a frenzied ghoul.

Killing the named mobs does not remove the chance for multi spawns. I just had seen two bloodthirsty ghouls, which are the ph for a...

Jul 4, 2024
  59. Iven replied to the thread Hmm.. things need changing..

It is better to not buy anything so that they cannot trick or dissapoint you. AllAccess does involve the same trick as perks but with two...

Jul 3, 2024
  60. Iven liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread Hmm.. things need changing..

Herritage crates. No guarantee on what you get. You can spend over $100 and not get what you want. Duplicates on music boxes etc. Class...

Jul 3, 2024
  61. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Fixing Escape alone would be an important improvement to the rogue class but not game changing. More steps would be required for that. It...

Jul 3, 2024
  62. Iven posted a new thread.

NPC - Multi spawn - a frenzied ghoul

3x a frenzied ghoul in The Ruins of Old Guk. Server: Antonius Bayle [IMG]

Jul 3, 2024
  63. Iven replied to the thread Illusions in Marketplace or Special Crates.

So that is it what YOU were working on the whole day.

Jul 3, 2024
  64. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

Eeeeewww ! :eek:

Jul 3, 2024
  65. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Other raid guilds do have other classes as top DPS, but class balance is not only about DPS. There is also group game content, and I do...

Jul 3, 2024
  66. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

It had been confirmed that zoning/succor does strip DoT effects from NPCs. Maybe not from PCs (PVP).

Jul 3, 2024
  67. Iven liked Aziuno's post in the thread Tides of Time tower missions - Why is exploitation the only way to complete it?.

GM's decided this tower should be left in the game, and the gear isn't a detriment to the server. That is not the discussion I am trying...

Jul 3, 2024
  68. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

What about dwarf milk ?

Jul 3, 2024
  69. Iven liked Flatchy's post in the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

I was wearing my awesome new EQ T shirt from the Swag Shop ( I really should get some daybreak cash for shamelessly plugging this...

Jul 3, 2024
  70. Iven replied to the thread Things are heating up!.

A "Real Staff of the Kedge" should port directly onto Phinnys head ! :cool: Sodden Staff of the Kedge is for noobs. :p

Jul 3, 2024
  71. Iven replied to the thread Illusions in Marketplace or Special Crates.

There you go: Go to PoK with a PC from a second account that is not your rogue, then type: /hidemodels players noncombat Now move your...

Jul 3, 2024
  72. Iven liked Sissruukk's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Jul 2, 2024
  73. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

You think way to much in black and white. Class balance is a long process and you have to start somewhere. When you talk about groups,...

Jul 2, 2024
  74. Iven replied to the thread Is Palia Going To Become The "Next" EQ game?.

Lol, I just wanted to post about the same. He will be soooo happy about that news. :) And maybe the EQ devs could finally stop...

Jul 2, 2024
  75. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

About nobody is taking a rogue PC out of a group to replace it with a rogue merc. People do use other class combos from the beginning...

Jul 2, 2024
  76. Iven replied to the thread Things are heating up!.

Maybe it is possible to grant Enduring Breath and Invisibility buffs to the PC when clicking the Sodden Staff of the Kedge, to prevent...

Jul 2, 2024
  77. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Why should my rogues getting replaced by a merc ? This is a crude ad hominem trolling argument that is only there to start a new dispute....

Jul 2, 2024
  78. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Rogues can easily be replaced by better classes. More than enough DPS classes available that do more DPS, do tank far better, can heal...

Jul 2, 2024
  79. Iven replied to the thread Stuck in a loading loop.

I just solved the problem by running the patcher and validating the files. Maybe there was a sneak patch yesterday as nothing on my side...

Jul 2, 2024
  80. Iven replied to the thread Antonius Bayle - YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED..

I just solved the problem by running the patcher and validating the files. Maybe there was a sneak patch yesterday as nothing on my side...

Jul 2, 2024
  81. Iven posted a new thread.

Antonius Bayle - YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.

Cannot connect to Antonius Bayle since about 24 hours. All other servers that I had checked are fine. Anyone else has the same problem ?...

Forum: Player Support

Jul 2, 2024
  82. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

It were players like you who were only complaining. If you would had attended the discussion, you won't post that nobody else contributed...

Jul 2, 2024
  83. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Well, I made a few suggestions that got totally ignored by the players. Zero feedback, zero likes. Maybe because they were not recognized...

Jul 2, 2024
  84. Iven replied to the thread Illusions in Marketplace or Special Crates.

I have to dissapoint you. As a rogue you want to be completely invis, including held items and the name tag. Shadowed men are never...

Jul 2, 2024
  85. Iven replied to the thread Things are heating up!.

It is cool to have our first underwater port clicky, but the location is really not good. I would had placed the loc in the tunnel...

Jul 2, 2024
  86. Iven replied to the thread Things are heating up!.

When will that be ? Looking forward to see YOU there since years !

Jul 2, 2024
  87. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

Join Agnarr, and you never have to care about mercs ! :cool:

Jul 2, 2024
  88. Iven replied to the thread SUGGESTION - charm tag.

Many games do use overhead animations. Basically that would be doable in EQ with nimbus effects. I do only see a problem with stacked...

Jul 2, 2024
  89. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Live servers = TLP with yearly unlocks. ;)

Jul 2, 2024
  90. Iven replied to the thread Stuck in a loading loop.

Still cannot connect to AB. All other servers seem to work.

Jul 2, 2024
  91. Iven liked Allworth's post in the thread Request for pick up ground spawn..

Thank you for maintaining this thread. I think it should be sticked.

Jul 2, 2024
  92. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

The game has these issues, not me. It are the players that have contributed to the discussion who have revealed and digged up the...

Jul 1, 2024
  93. Iven liked Yinla's post in the thread Stuck in a loading loop.

Stuck in a loading loop going from Tim deep to Overthere on Teek Adventually had to manually quit out of EQ

Jul 1, 2024
  94. Iven replied to the thread Stuck in a loading loop.

Cannot connect to AB server.

Jul 1, 2024
  95. Iven replied to the thread Bard Solo vs Necro Solo.

Necros have nearly zero risk to kill mobs. Fear kite with snare, and if the pet does get killed -> Grab your second one or cast a new...

Jul 1, 2024
  96. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

I never bought a Krono, just because I cannot. I had and have to stick to pp farming and other income sources, but I cannot recommend it...

Jul 1, 2024
  97. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

@Quicksand That is something for TLP players only. On live servers, the difference between lvl 20 and lvl 40 for being able to farm hill...

Jul 1, 2024
  98. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

No, nothing got confused. You have to see the whole platinum income and spendings. It is the most unefficient way, especially for the...

Jul 1, 2024
  99. Iven liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Request for pick up ground spawn..

Yeah, it's kinda of amazing that 25 years later, they STILL don't have a on/off toggle for having the inventory automatically open up when...

Jul 1, 2024
  100. Iven replied to the thread Request for pick up ground spawn..

There is already fully automated bot script software around for ground spawns.

Jul 1, 2024
  101. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

I mentioned in my post that Krono can be sold (ingame) for a few mio pp. That will help him. He will sooner or later hit the platinum pay...

Jul 1, 2024
  102. Iven replied to the thread Request for pick up ground spawn..

Good suggestion, it is really annoying that the inventory keeps getting opened. Good suggestions rolling in since the last few days....

Jul 1, 2024
  103. Iven liked smash's post in the thread Request for pick up ground spawn..

Wold it be possible for having a setting for keeping inventory closed when you pick up a groundspawn or other thing. would be nice for not...

Jul 1, 2024
  104. Iven replied to the thread Complete beginner need help.

Mercs are cheap as you can receive more loot with them than solo, with a group, or with a partner. You can also try to not use mercs,...

Jul 1, 2024
  105. Iven liked Flatchy's post in the thread Problem Solved.

Some of you may remember me whining about losing a house and along with it all my trophies. Its been a long time and I felt like I have...

Jul 1, 2024
  106. Iven replied to the thread unable to login after changing password.

Delete that folder or it's content and try again: EverQuest\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache

Jul 1, 2024
  107. Iven replied to the thread Staff of Viral Flux ?.

You could check the "deleted items tab" on a vendor, and using the item search window that is accessible from the bank window or by a key...

Jul 1, 2024
  108. Iven replied to the thread Best Tracking?.

Best tracking for rangers and best foraging for druids I think. At same level. Can anyone confirm this ?

Jul 1, 2024
  109. Iven replied to the thread Map viewer.

What happened with your map viewer, Kanati ? I was looking forward for an improved version, but now you have deleted the link. :( I could...

Jul 1, 2024
  110. Iven liked EDISDAOR's post in the thread Questing Improvements.

Long time player returning from a 10+ year break. I have noticed a lot of the game is stream lined now. Great Job to all the Devs!...

Jul 1, 2024
  111. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

So they removed DoT stacking and buffed the DoTs instead. Does make some sense now. Seems to be the reason why some classes can do way to...

Jul 1, 2024
  112. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Funny to think that it was intended as it is, as if the devs are unfailable gods. :D You and McMarrin could be brothers, as you do use...

Jul 1, 2024
  113. Iven replied to the thread SUGGESTION - charm tag.

I would also change the color of the name tag as that is easier to notice. Different colors for charm and mez. Mez name tag: a skeleton...

Jul 1, 2024
  114. Iven liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread SUGGESTION - charm tag.

+1 (mezzed) as well

Jul 1, 2024
  115. Iven liked Tachyon's post in the thread SUGGESTION - charm tag.

when a mob is charmed change display name, ex. dark boned skeleton (charmed)

Jul 1, 2024
  116. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

I never wrote that Escape is something special, I only pointed out that it does not work well because it is in conflict with DoTs. It...

Jun 30, 2024
  117. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

You only focused onto that because you wanted to disprove my posts with your subversive trolling. Instead you could have focused onto...

Jun 30, 2024
  118. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

I have not twisted your words and I havn't tried doing that. Trying is not the same as doing. Trying does mean that it is only you...

Jun 30, 2024
  119. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Two possibilities: The devs were aware about that DoTs do break Escape. It could had been their way to nerf Escape without removing it,...

Jun 30, 2024
  120. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Why are you repeating the same boring old stuff over and over ? Nobody has declined your statement. It is basic knowledge that overall...

Jun 30, 2024
  121. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Make Escape AAs independant from active DoTs.

Maybe because rogue DoT AAs (Twisted Shank) and combat skills (Hack, Jugular _ _ _ ) got added after that decision, and cannot be abused,...

Jun 30, 2024
  122. Iven replied to the thread Questing Improvements.

Added to the Suggestions thread.

Jun 30, 2024
  123. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

I do not try to twist words. It is a simple question that you anwered with a vague reply, because you don't know the answer. I know...

Jun 29, 2024
  124. Iven replied to the thread --> New EQ fansite.

Update: Expansions & Servers got revamped. Server Population got updated. The Archive got updated.

Jun 28, 2024
  125. Iven replied to the thread Bard Solo vs Necro Solo.

Less than average, because you could had charmed another mob to finish the other one, instead of using DD and DoT songs. :cool:

Jun 28, 2024
  126. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

So you agree with me that there are better zones for overall exp than LGuk ?

Jun 28, 2024
  127. Iven liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

We really need more people who don't play on TLPs to join this discussion!

Jun 28, 2024
  128. Iven replied to the thread One last expansion.

Scrolls, newspapers, leaves, PoK ponds ? Or do you think that they are there for meditation ? [IMG] Bert was here

Jun 28, 2024
  129. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Sure, why not. You got a point there. LGuK does grant pretty high exp per kill.

Jun 28, 2024
  130. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

No, I don't think that it is untrue but I havn't played on TLP servers. The only interesting one for me would be Agnarr, but I would be...

Jun 28, 2024
  131. Iven replied to the thread One last expansion.

And this ... [IMG]

Jun 28, 2024
  132. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Well, that would only happen if LGuk is not overcrowded, so I can live with that.

Jun 28, 2024
  133. Iven replied to the thread Timeless Tower paintings.

Welcome back to the future. It is now called Daybreak Cash.

Jun 28, 2024
  134. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

"Comfort zone" and "brain dead" are interesting new details. :D Maybe sofas and TVs should be added to those zones. Wait, ... Unrest and...

Jun 28, 2024
  135. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Yeah, which I think is weird. Looks like LGuk was not that overcrowded than he suggested, so everything is fine for him. In principle he...

Jun 28, 2024
  136. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Of course 60*60 equals to 3,600 players. I would also welcome a game where 1-60 does matter more, but I don't think that this will ever...

Jun 28, 2024
  137. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

It also does not mean that they would give less exp over time. There are many factors that can influence the result. In LGuk the players...

Jun 28, 2024
  138. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

If it is an excuse to point out that the players do prefer the combination of loot and exp over pure exp, I am guilty. What does count...

Jun 28, 2024
  139. Iven replied to the thread Server Select: History.

The date is not irrelevant for history and can even assist the memory to find old characters. Not all players do remember the server...

Jun 28, 2024
  140. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

I think that randomized loot is just causing that: The perfect camp spot. LGuk and Chardok with their high named mob density and short...

Jun 28, 2024
  141. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Anything else ? :)

Jun 28, 2024
  142. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

There is no excuse. The root issue is that many greedy players want to camp the same zone for maxing out their loot and exp. Other zones...

Jun 27, 2024
  143. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Then the exp is maybe not adjusted correctly. It should even out if the risk and the loot is the same. But maybe it was just a slower...

Jun 27, 2024
  144. Iven liked ShurTheRealShur's post in the thread In Game Camera Zoom.

LOL Thank you for all the input. I shall experiment. Iven nice database - I have been pokin around it.

Jun 27, 2024
  145. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

It does matter when the exp over time is higher.

Jun 27, 2024
  146. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

About everything can be abused. Currently the player do use KS and other bad things in overcroded zones. Concentrating on just one zone...

Jun 27, 2024
  147. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Well, they should also reward more exp per kill if the exp is based on the HP, and not on the level of the mob.

Jun 27, 2024
  148. Iven liked Brontus's post in the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Private picks (instances) existed in LDON and in World of Warcraft since its inception. This technology is over 20 years old now....

Jun 27, 2024
  149. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

It does require new mechanics to control the player crowd. ZEMs are a good basic tool, but that should be combined with a dynamic...

Jun 27, 2024
  150. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

If so, only on TLP servers. There are huge ZEM differences on live. That logic is twisted, because why are the groups there ? Because...

Jun 27, 2024
  151. Iven replied to the thread In Game Camera Zoom.

Let’s go on a hunt! You will find that slash command on my website at V for Vendetta.

Jun 27, 2024
  152. Iven replied to the thread Items without QUEST tag.

Assist Silverwing: Inscribable Words [Crypt of Nadox] Inscribable Words [Plane of Torment] Inscribable Words [Plane of Valor] Inscribable...

Jun 27, 2024
  153. Iven replied to the thread Illusions in Marketplace or Special Crates.

Gods and boss mobs should not be available as illusions. Maybe some of them are already around, but that would be a serious mistake. I do...

Jun 26, 2024
  154. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Yep, but that is what most players do prefer. The majority of the players are mainstream. As example, they prefer an overcrowded LGuk...

Jun 26, 2024
  155. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Instanced zones, also in the form of HAs, or just adventures (easier), are a good idea. Make them an AllAccess or perk feature, to finance...

Jun 26, 2024
  156. Iven replied to the thread Server Select: History.

You should add source infos. The problem is that the server merges, splits, and launchs, are not well documentated.

Jun 26, 2024
  157. Iven liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Yet it is possible for some classes to hold solid agro without doing a single point of damage.

Jun 26, 2024
  158. Iven liked Irisa's post in the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

THIS WAS YOUR statement, It was coded to choose the highest damage as the biggest threat. Period EQ is not coded that way. A mob...

Jun 26, 2024
  159. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Which does assist my theory that TLP servers are Daybreak's Krono selling machine. When new TLP server do get started, it are always two,...

Jun 26, 2024
  160. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Sadly kill stealing in form of a DPS race has sometimes to get used, because there are perma campers that are unwilling to share...

Jun 26, 2024
  161. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Could be abused easily, especially by botters. Loot would be multiplied unreasonable often, which would totally ruin the bazaar prizes.

Jun 26, 2024
  162. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

That is not very important anymore in low level content, and for players that can box high level content. The modern social structure is...

Jun 26, 2024
  163. Iven replied to the thread Suggestion: Lower dungeon pickzone limit (Teek).

Simple solution: Remove or adjust the Zone Experience Multipliers. I did read about it yesterday and why it got implemented in january...

Jun 26, 2024
  164. Iven replied to the thread Kill Stealing is now 100% acceptable. Thoughts?.

Why do you think that it is a bad feature ? In theory the concept is perfect to prevent KS.

Jun 26, 2024