Greater Faydark on Agnarr

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Longtooth, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Longtooth New Member

Why are there so many bigass skeletons all around orc hill? I cannot get to/from Crushbone. And forget about doing my newby armor quest. Fairly new player here and about to give up on everquest because of this frustration.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

3. Iven the Lunatic

They are part of an event. Year of Darkpaw, to get the Emerald Key for the anniversary tower in NRO iirr. They will be up the whole year I think.
  4. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

You should just re-roll a character and use the Tutorial. That beginner dungeon will take you to level 11 or 12, and set your starting city to Cresent Reach, then level around there. From beginner dungeon to Cresent Reach, then Blightfire Moors (next zone), you will get to about level 25 or 30. And you get all your armor doing the quests in the Tutorial.

No need to do Crushbone. But if you really want to do GFay and Crushbone, wait for the new TLP in May.
  5. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Oh, sorry,
    I just realised you said Agnarr. I dont think they have TSS, so forget every thing I said.
  6. Longtooth New Member

Wow. What horrible game design. No wonder they are advertising for new developers. Leaving new players out to dry in their starting zone is pretty sad.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

All other starting zones should be fine. I agree that it is bad game design to place kos high level NPCs into newbie zones but usually nobody does start and play in those old zones anymore. You could just ignore that northern zone part and run into CB when your PC is lvl 7 or higher.

Go to the eastern part of Butcherblock Mountains near the zone line to GFay, or any other newbie zone (Crescent Reach, Desert of Ro, Commonlands, Everfrost Peaks, Qeynos Hills, Qeynos sewers, Freeport sewers, West Karana, etc.) until then. There are about two dozen zone alternatives to choose from. In the map window there is a zone guide included, and you could also take a look at my newbie and quick start guides !

http://eqiven.bplaced.net/Tools & Infos/
  8. Herf Augur

They're going to patch the skeletons at some point soon, giveing them a "hugging range" agro radius, which should help, but yeah if you're a lowbie god help you.

I get that some people like to relive Gfay and Crushbone, but since I don't I just lvl up to 20 in Field of Bone and Kurns Tower (in field of bone). 1-5 in the spiderling underground, then do some mobs above ground to get to 10-15 then head to Kurns until the downstairs skeletons all start to turn to light blues.

On Agnarr get a dmg shield and Temperance buff from people in PoK. Use the PoK books to get around the world. Take enough bags and food and drink so you can stay in FoB for a while; though you'll want to run back to PoK to get a new dmg shield every 15 mins or so.

With Temp and a dmg shield you will be almost, but not quite, unkillable at that lvl. Oh and if you bought one of the Worg Saddles from the DB store you can give yourself the permanent Asia buff which raises your HP and such even higher.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Run the ridge line! Use the side of the walls like we used to back in the day.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Think of it as Kithicor 2.0 :p
    Herf likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

The skeletons will become non-aggro in the upcoming April update. In the meantime you could level in any other newbie zone, or if you really want to do crushbone get someone to come cast invis vs. undead on you to run there.

I do agree it was a bit short-sighted on the design front from the newbie perspective.