Producer’s Letter April 2024

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Exmortis_MT Augur

For me, wish one or the other was box friendly, that way I could play with a group of friends. They wanted to 2 box, but alas bot here. As it is I will box 6 on probably Teek, but either is fine at the end of the day.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The announcement for Aradune and Rizlona were as follows
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-rizlona-launch-date-may-27.265570/

I asume with Tormax being a copy of Aradune rule set they will have the same level of GM service and the same bannings. If not is is no different to Yelniak, and its predecessors.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

4. Baulkin Augur

I like the Teek ruleset...

Tormax is a Mangler clone, not an Aradune clone. No stricter boxing rules or GM support.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Tyranthraxus like this.
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Are we looking to fix Laurion Song raid achievements, or is the game just gonna fizzle out and die?
  6. Iven the Lunatic

I don't want to go through all replies so my questions might had already been answered:
    • Why did you gave up encounter locking, which was the idea of a former dev (Qwalla).
    • What about double named/raid loot and increase rare spawns ? Do those features also get discontinued ?
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Dr. Evil has taken over Norrath with AI ?
    Tachyon likes this.
  8. GamingITOut New Member

Spoken like a person who just loves to steal kills and doesn't see the value in fair game play of first come first served. Give me a community who is there to play together and have fun not take things from other people. This isn't a PVP server.
    xxar likes this.
  9. xxar Augur

You will notice it's the same handful of people , that are against it.

There vocal , but if you ignore 3 of them the amount of people that like FTE shows.
  10. Darrowin New Member

Echoing as another voice that I was really excited for Teek, until I found out no FTE. My biggest complaint with other TLPs was the jerk mage boxers who took over so many spots and didn't allow anyone else to get key items or epic items without paying massive amounts of krono. Oakwynd solved that, and made it so much better for casuals who don't want to box 12 characters at once. Teek + FTE would bring my subscription back, but as it is... no thanks.
  11. kizant Augur

What I like about FTE is that I can pull mobs from peoples camps in a crowded zone and they can't do anything about it.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

13. LostSoul Lorekeeper

Glad FTE is gone, stopped playing oakwynd because of it. Before you ask, yes i did give oakwynd a fair shake, i have a level 60 on the server.
    Doze and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I think next year, they should have a separate post on TLP announcement, as the producer letter gets responses only around TLP and other contents do not get the focus they deserve!

I say this as a TLP player.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There was more content than the TLP announcement?
  16. Brickhaus Augur

There was something about Rathe day ... which again had zero real info.

I wonder if you took all the producer letters and counted teases vs actual real info what the ratio would be? Holly and Jenn certainly like the tease...
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They do like the tease.

As for Rathe Day, I had to go on Test server to find out that there will be three new quests. No idea if anything beyond that. I expect there will be an announcement when it goes live.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you take out the stuff about events that happen EVERY SINGLE FREAKING YEAR that they treat like breaking news, it's probably like 5% actual game info, and 95% TLP teasing.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Yinla like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is there a plan to in place to release an overflow server if Teek is maxed out? If so how will that work?

Just looking at the number of guilds and players talking about playing on Teek, it is a concern. Mischief launched with 2 servers and hasn't merged in 3 years. This year if feels like there is even more interested in that ruleset than there was 3 years ago.
  20. Tachyon Augur

tomorrow??