Overseer - Tempest Festival quest line is stuck

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Iven, May 6, 2024.

1. Iven the Lunatic

Had done Contamination Quandary twice now, but the next quest does not get unlocked. Being stuck there since about three days. This is on a free player account. Everything has been unlocked and finished already on a silver account, without the need to do the same quest twice or three times.
    NyteShayd and Barton-Vox like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It's not if your account is free, silver or all access. These special Overseer 3/6 hour quests have done this since the very first one ever.

Sometimes you have to repeat the first or the third or whatever. Sometimes you have to repeat them once, twice, three times or more. Seldom have I done more than 3 repeats but others have mentioned a 4 time repeat.

Mileage will vary and there does not seem to be any criteria for which character it happens to. Some of mine fly thru all of them in one go, some get stuck on different ones. Doesn't seem to matter if you collect the reward from the last one before initiating the next one or if you rotate your Overseer.

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended so players don't finish them in 18 hours. There are 6 and @3 hours each = 18 hours. Add on 6 hours for that odd one. So 24 hours, just 2 days and it would be done.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Even if it is not a bug, the problem are the agents that cannot be retired as they do create lag. I have about 100 agents on each account that I cannot retire, and I do not want to receive more of those by enforced quest repetitions.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you get a critical success on any of the event tasks, it won't "stick" in the achievement...you have to keep doing it until you get a normal success, even if you've already completed the next task in line.

Been this way for at least the last 2 years. It keeps getting reported...they keep refusing to fix it.
  5. fransisco Augur

The quests only come once a day. So even if you do a 3 hour quest, the next in the series won't be available until the next day.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

?

The quests flip every 12 hours. There's a timer in the upper left that tells you how much time until the next flip.
  7. fransisco Augur

You gain access to the next quest once a day. So it takes 5-6 days to complete the quest line.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

Most of the event quests are 3h in length, one (or maybe two) are 6h. You can start and finish the quest within the 12 hours. As long as you don't critical, you will have completed one before the quests flip.

So if you are diligent, you can complete two steps per day.
  9. NyteShayd Elder

I've observed this behavior on every seasonal Overseer task chain to date, on Gold, Silver, and F2P accounts.
    CatsPaws likes this.