Imagine this. . . .

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mercury890, Apr 12, 2024.

1. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Imagine this: Revert and keep one server PRE DX11... seeing how the game at that point was at it's pinnacle for that graphics engine.. it had been developed ENOUGH... Leave that server for those of us that want to... Yes,,, Live in the past with all the nostalgia and have developers concentrate on developing game content as opposed to screwing the game up and loosing paying "Whales" (20 year paying players).trying to put a circle in a square with differing graphics engines isnt working....OH... AND at the same time wait for it........Make a separate server for the DX11 populus experiments....I know this could be called the test server and technically it is, but we know things were pushed live that shouldn't have been...admit it or not,,. this way the multitude of players wanting to play but can't because they are trying to just be able to multi box and tab out full screen could still do so on the "Nostalgia server".while others can enjoy? playing with their graphic settings till the game locks up and ... whatever the current state of affairs is that many are or not dealing with.
  2. Galvanize Lorekeeper

just upgrade your garbage pc. delete this
    Kyzvs, FYAD, Act of Valor and 3 others like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And he can explain what "pentacle" means. Did you mean to type pinnacle? I'm not being completely sarcastic here as the word pentacle does have it's own meaning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentacle
    Fenthen and mercury890 like this.
  4. Galvanize Lorekeeper

5. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

ROFL.. Funny..... System is maxed up to date....Ty...POS
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

OP probably running on a $200 computer lol
  7. Roxas MM Augur

bah, i thought he was gonna say world peace....
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Stop wasting your time yelling at cloud, he doesn't care.

Your system isn't max up to date because my computer has no problem at DX11 and wasn't maxed when I bought it over 1 year ago... this means your computer isn't maxed if an older than 1 year old can use it and your "maxed" computer you just bought and can't use DX11.

You may be getting old and need to watch out for scams, eq is an aging generation!!!!
    mercury890 likes this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

"You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
    Flatchy and Nennius like this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

I only make a toast to world peace on Groundhog Day.
    Flatchy likes this.
  11. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I was all hoping for world peace then I saw a hawk fly down and kill a squirrel and realized it will never happen.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

lol, there are people wanting Everquest to be updated to Unreal Engine 5, then we have people like this who recoil in horror when Everquest "upgrades" to Directx 11, which was released in 2009.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

It is fun :confused: to imagine the results of a complete replacement of the game engine that drives EQ. I can envision a large ship being driven into an iceberg not once, but again and again and again...
    Rijacki and mercury890 like this.
  14. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Sweet Vermouth On The Rocks With a Twist
    Bobokin and Fenthen like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Both people are loco..crazy. :p
  16. Bilderov Augur

At this stage the only thing you can do is vote with your feet. DBG are not going to do much of anything outside of their rather limited producers letters. They are doing their best at keeping EverQuest going whilst bleeding players and recruiting very few.

A bit like that clown car that keeps driving whilst all of the bits fly off.

At the very end, all that we are left with are the clowns who kept driving and remained ignorant of anything wrong!
    mercury890, Fenthen and Iven like this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

As DX11 does not work properly, we can forget about Unreal Engine 5. Both would only work in a new game correctly. The devs are trying to revamp a Ford T into an modern sports car, which most likely will not work.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

Here we go...

Old car
    [IMG]

[IMG] The clowns with their new car
    mercury890 and Bilderov like this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is a pretty bleak outlook. Just because DPG isn't steering the ship in the direction you want doesn't mean they are ignorant.

I'd wager they are as aware as we are, but limited in the scope of what can be done versus what needs to be done.

Here's the point you and others like you are missing - EverQuest was never designed nor curated with a 25+ year lifespan in mind. Every year EQ kept operating was seen as a bonus. Look at how many other MMOs have come and gone. EQ remains thus far.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  20. Thren Lorekeeper

While, I dont agree with the OP on his suggestion, calling out his PC as garbage, is not quite fair, there have been plenty of complaints from those with machines that are overkill for what EQ requires, there are issues with integrating DX11 into a game with 20 plus year old coding, period.
    Toukan, mercury890, daBlubb and 3 others like this.