Staff Post Tracker

Recent posts from staff and devs.

1. Angeliana posted a new thread.

[Oakwynd] Welcome to Gates of Discord!

Happy hunting! Go forth and adventure!

Forum: News and Announcements

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:03 PM
  2. Angeliana posted a new thread.

[Mischief & Thornblade] Welcome to Veil of Alaris!

Happy hunting! Go forth and adventure.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:02 PM
  3. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

There are less jiggly mounts, and that is because the mount's animation is very limited or nonexistent in it's side to side motion.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:45 AM
  4. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

So the mount camera attaches to the root of the mount. The mount is attached to the root. When you are running around as a player or on a...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:51 AM
  5. ttobey replied to the thread Brilliant Braxi mount camera shake.

There's a camera bone on the mount that doesn't move. The player when it's on a mount, it should be using the mount camera. It's not...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:42 AM
  6. niente replied to the thread Name has been added on to excluded list. Not sure why?.

Please post the name in question or send me a PM with it. Thanks

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:58 PM
  7. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Hotfix Notes: April 24, 2024

April 24, 2024 _____________________ *** Quests & Events *** - Barren Coast, Tempest Festival – Lessons of Madness – The area of the 3rd...

Forum: Game Update Notes (Live)

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:38 PM
  8. Angeliana replied to the thread Teek and Tormax are on the horizon!.

Updated to include: Free Trade enabled for Teek.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:20 PM
  9. Angeliana replied to the thread Fippy needs YOU!.

He missed leg day? ;)

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:01 PM
  10. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Teek and Tormax are on the horizon!

[IMG] We’ve got the knowledge you crave! Hail, Norrathians! As you are aware by now, Teek and Tormax will be our two new Time-Locked...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:43 AM
  11. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Name Reservation System

[IMG] Let’s reserve some names! The opening of a new server generally goes hand in hand with inevitable naming problems. This name...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:41 AM
  12. Angeliana replied to the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

Hello everyone! The original post has been changed to reflect a mistake in the dates. The Rathe Day event began on April 15th at midnight...

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:43 AM
  13. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Introducing Rathe Day!

[IMG] Norrath’s version of Earth Day. Rathe Day is dedicated to the conservation of flora and fauna all over Norrath. It’s no secret that...

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:45 PM
  14. Ratalthor replied to the thread Info Needed Universal Chat service issue.

We have implemented additional tracking for this so I need info again from affected folks. Can anyone affected since this week please send...

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:33 PM
  15. Ratalthor replied to the thread QA In Progress Unusual amount of archery misses recently (pulling).

We pushed a change in the latest update. Is this issue still happening for anyone?

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:31 PM
  16. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Update and progress: The April patch helped us isolate and reproduce the issue. We're working on it. Thanks for all the feedback and pretty...

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:09 PM
  17. niente replied to the thread Other name options for Teek.

I think you all have some great ideas for server names. :P Unfortunately it is prohibitively difficult to change a server's name....

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Fippy needs YOU!

[IMG] Become a lasting part of our livestream event! We would like the chance to immortalize your stories, characters, or fanart forever...

Apr 19, 2024
  19. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Hotfix Notes: April 19, 2024

April 19, 2024 _____________________ *** Progression Servers *** - Corrected an issue where certain race/class combinations could be...

Apr 19, 2024
  20. Angeliana posted a new thread.

More Fippy Fest Information!

[IMG] Fippy’s at it again! Fippy’s been busy sniffing out information to pass on and has come across the entire schedule! Take a quick...

Apr 19, 2024
  21. EQ Dev replied to the thread Game Update Notes - April 17, 2024.

The following note didn't make it into the original patch notes, but is currently live: *** Quests and Events *** - Set the...

Apr 19, 2024
  22. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Yes, with the caveat that Y sets affinity for both of the even and odd numbered pair of logical processors for its value. Therefore Y=0...

Apr 18, 2024
  23. Angeliana replied to the thread Cannot see the ground spawns to pick up in the Silent Hall in Shards Landing.

I edited your original post to fix the white text for you.

Apr 18, 2024
  24. niente replied to the thread In Progress Oakwynd - Berserkers listed as creatable, disconnects character.

We'll get this fixed, thanks. If you do happen to make a berserker and get your character stuck, please submit a ticket to CS who will...

Apr 18, 2024
  25. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

For those affected (and not everyone is, which makes this one tricky), has the frequency or severity of the kaleidoscopes been reduced?

Apr 17, 2024
  26. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Did you run Launchpad and patch your client today? What does your Logs\dbg.txt file say for EQGraphics library version? For example:...

Apr 17, 2024
  27. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game.

This bug is still in progress and any changes related to it have not been pushed to Live in today's update.

Apr 17, 2024
  28. klanderso replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It's like if you have errands to run after work, it's best to NOT sit down in a comfy chair, or they'll never get done :D

Apr 17, 2024
  29. Meeko replied to the thread Fixed Internally Zoning & Relogging Placing Me Under the Map.

This is fixed internally, but unfortunately wasn't done in time for this month's patch. It should be included in next month's.

Apr 17, 2024
  30. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Anniversary Tower Door 4 is unlocked!

[IMG] What could be behind the door this time? As you close door three behind you and begin to cleanse your armor and your mind of the...

Apr 17, 2024
  31. Angeliana replied to the thread Server Downtime: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM.

Servers are unlocked! Go, Go, GOOOOO!

Apr 17, 2024
  32. Ratalthor replied to the thread In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

We implemented a fix in the latest update. Please let us know if the problem persists.

Apr 17, 2024
  33. Ratalthor replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

We implemented a fix in the latest update. Please let us know if the problem persists.

Apr 17, 2024
  34. Ratalthor replied to the thread Fixed Raid event: Myconid Mutiny - Massive Lag.

Apr 17, 2024
  35. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Game Update Notes - April 17, 2024

Highlights Weapon base damage and backstab values have been increased to bring them back in line with original intentions. This affects...

Apr 17, 2024
  36. klanderso replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024
  37. Angeliana replied to the thread Server Downtime: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM.

Server downtime is being extended by 2 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Apr 17, 2024
  38. klanderso replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Actually, our Ops team is pretty upbeat and on it during update mornings :)

Apr 17, 2024
  39. Meeko replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The change was for mission/raid instanced zones, not pickzones. There were ways of getting more players+mercs in them than the task allowed...

Apr 17, 2024
  40. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

As if I have any good forum etiquette!

Apr 16, 2024
  41. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I don't agree with you on this one. How it will probably be used in my opinion, spin up a lot of concept ideas with AI , whittle...

Apr 16, 2024
  42. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I have a feeling when this AI Superlord starts trying to export characters into the EQ1 engine most of it's responses will be >Wait...What?

Apr 16, 2024
  43. Ngreth Thergn replied to the thread Confirmed Fabled broken in The Sleeper's Tomb for at least 2 years.

I found the issue, but the fix will not be in tomorrow's patch :(

Apr 16, 2024
  44. Angeliana replied to the thread Keyboard question.

Time for nachos?

Apr 15, 2024
  45. Angeliana replied to the thread Keyboard question.

I laughed so hard at the nacho chips and jujube comment, because I can relate. I have moved this to Player support as that's where it...

Apr 15, 2024
  46. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

I have a bunch of recent eq/eq2 characters exported to Unreal here. -https://vimeo.com/849566054-

Apr 12, 2024
  47. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

That I'm not sure about but I would assume you are correct.

Apr 12, 2024
  48. Angeliana posted a new thread.

EverQuest Soundtrack Vol. 4

[IMG] It’s time to jam! We can all agree that EverQuest has some of the best in-game music. We’ve all gone in and found our favorite...

Apr 12, 2024
  49. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Unreal is great for a lot of things. I always drop new characters in it and our stuff looks great in Unreal. I actually like the character...

Apr 12, 2024
  50. ttobey replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

It was No Escape! haha

Apr 11, 2024
  51. ttobey replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

It's a very cool demo but running a character around an Unreal environment and making a fully working game are two different stories.

Apr 11, 2024
  52. ttobey replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I'm sure it will help in the near future and be a tool for artists to use, but it's not there yet.

Apr 11, 2024
  53. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Server Downtime: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, April 17, 2024 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Estimated downtime is...

Apr 11, 2024
  54. ttobey replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!

Apr 11, 2024
  55. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Perhaps if you were to read this article then we would have a shared understanding:...

Apr 11, 2024
  56. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

In Task Manager they're listed as "Logical processors" on the Performance > CPU page where one physical core typically has a pair of...

Apr 11, 2024
  57. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Steam billing maintenance - April 11, 2024

The Steam billing service will be down for maintenance on Thursday, April 11, 2024 at approximately 9:00a.m. PDT*. Estimated downtime for...

Apr 10, 2024
  58. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

We think it's fixed on the Test server as of April 9th. Live servers will be updated on April 17th.

Apr 10, 2024
  59. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I answered "yes" to the question that we do have the technology because full screen optimized mode is the default on Windows 10/11 and...

Apr 10, 2024
  60. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Yes, and this is the default case on Windows 10/11 systems.

Apr 10, 2024
  61. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I can repro this bug, thanks. As a workaround, please check "Disable fullscreen optimizations" in eqgame.exe > Properties >...

Apr 10, 2024
  62. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

This sounds like you didn't launch the game in full screen mode, but did ALT+ENTER while at the login screen. Is that right?

Apr 10, 2024
  63. Cairbrae replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

What version of Windows are you running?

Apr 10, 2024
  64. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game.

In what way is it worse? If you can provide reproduction steps, that would be great. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2024
  65. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

What server is this picture from?

Apr 10, 2024
  66. Angeliana posted a new thread.

It’s time to bag a Bag or two!

[IMG] Save 10% on select bag bundles in the Marketplace. Starting right now, all players on all servers can enjoy a 10% discount on the...

Apr 10, 2024
  67. Meeko replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Because I know y'all are going to ask, these are the zones, quests, and percent experience will increase related to this note. As an...

Apr 9, 2024
  68. Cairbrae replied to the thread Rogue hide ability inconsitant in LS zones.

Invisibility vs hide skill issues were fixed recently so buff blocking them shouldn't be necessary any longer.

Apr 9, 2024
  69. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Update 04/09/2024 - New Bugs Only

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else...

Forum: Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup

Apr 8, 2024
  70. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

April 9, 2024 _____________________ *** Highlights *** - Fixed full screen mode and windowing behavior. The game can again be...

Apr 8, 2024
  71. Cairbrae replied to the thread Soulbanshee's EverQuest Settings Parser.

No reason, just a mental note really. They can be the same value because Windows process scheduling doesn't have that much resolution...

Apr 8, 2024
  72. Angeliana replied to the thread Customer Support said to message Angeliana on the Forums. No reply after 20 days. DB Evasion Tactic?.

That's good! I'm glad it's working out though!

Apr 8, 2024
  73. Angeliana replied to the thread Customer Support said to message Angeliana on the Forums. No reply after 20 days. DB Evasion Tactic?.

I'm so glad the guides were able to work with you and make sure you got your reward! Again, I apologize for not replying to your Private...

Apr 8, 2024
  74. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

You're referring to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-reward-system.296130/

Apr 6, 2024
  75. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game.

Please visit the Test server next week after the scheduled update! :)

Apr 5, 2024
  76. Cairbrae replied to the thread Duplicate Cant switch screens or go to desktop.

Please visit the Test server next week after the scheduled update! :)

Apr 5, 2024
  77. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Join the Fippy Fest Cosplay Competition

[IMG] A cosplay competition that's open to all who dare to dream and create. UPDATE: Cosplay will still be a big part of our Year of...

Apr 5, 2024
  78. Angeliana replied to the thread Server Lag Spike ~ 90s+.

This is being investigated. Thanks for the report!

Apr 4, 2024
  79. Cairbrae replied to the thread Soulbanshee's EverQuest Settings Parser.

The recommendations of 60 or 59 or 32 stem from having target rates that match display refresh rates. LCD typically refresh at 60Hz for...

Apr 4, 2024
  80. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Thanks for adding clarifications. Here's an example of bad 2-box settings that would be impactful to this topic: ClientCore0=0...

Apr 4, 2024
  81. Angeliana replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

The last few images should be available now. I had them linked wrong, apologies.

Apr 4, 2024
  82. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

I would like to give a useful answer to this question, so let's cut to the chase. This topic is about game client processing...

Apr 4, 2024
  83. Angeliana replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

There will not be Encounter Locking on either server.

Apr 4, 2024
  84. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Producer’s Letter April 2024

[IMG] All that glitters is not Gold. It is once again time to review what has happened, what is happening now and what is coming along...

Apr 4, 2024
  85. Angeliana replied to the thread Emergency Maintenance - April 4, 2024.

Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Mangler, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony Servers are unlocked! Go, go, GOOOO!

Apr 4, 2024
  86. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Emergency Maintenance - April 4, 2024

Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Mangler, The Rathe, Tunare, Xegony Servers will be coming down at 9:30 a.m. PDT for approximately 1 hour for an...

Apr 4, 2024
  87. Meeko replied to the thread Spell Bar Lockup/Clickies Not Fully Fixed.

Reporting the server, zone (plus the number if it's a pickzone), and the result from /uptime would help track down zones that may need...

Apr 3, 2024
  88. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Frequent CTD since the new client 4/1/24.

Thanks for the dbg.txt. You're crashing in your NVIDIA driver for some reason. I've made a ticket to track this issue and included the...

Apr 3, 2024
  89. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Frequent CTD since the new client 4/1/24.

Also please make sure your virus scanner is excluding your EQ installation directory and its subdirectories. If you have other programs...

Apr 3, 2024
  90. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Frequent CTD since the new client 4/1/24.

Please PM me your Logs\dbg.txt file when this happens. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2024
  91. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Universal Chat service issue.

In your case, if you could learn what the difference was, then you could enable that setting on the Xfinity router to match the...

Apr 2, 2024
  92. Cairbrae replied to the thread Soulbanshee's EverQuest Settings Parser.

These two options are obsolete and not used in the EQ game client.

Apr 2, 2024
  93. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

Yes, you would have had to exit the game and run LaunchPad to patch the client.

Apr 2, 2024
  94. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Hotfix Notes: April 1, 2024

April 1, 2024 _____________________ *** Items *** - Corrected an issue where activated item effects could lock out your spellbar....

Apr 1, 2024
  95. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

We've identified the issue and were working on a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Apr 1, 2024
  96. Ratalthor replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce Bard kicks and Banestrike.

Yes we saw kick damage increase in our side by side testing.

Apr 1, 2024
  97. Ratalthor replied to the thread Duplicate 25th Anniversary - Challenge Mission achievement not granted.

Duplicate of this thread:...

Apr 1, 2024
  98. Ratalthor replied to the thread Not A Bug Unity Anniversary Quest - Mischief.

This is not a bug. The NPC was removed intentionally. They will be brought back in the next update.

Apr 1, 2024
  99. Ratalthor replied to the thread Info Needed Universal Chat service issue.

Anyone experiencing this issue, please PM me the following: Character name + Server Which channel(s) is giving you problems? Timestamp (+...

Apr 1, 2024
  100. Ratalthor replied to the thread QA In Progress "You can not loot this item" bug on raids.

Can anyone confirm the exact error message you are seeing when this happens?

Apr 1, 2024
  101. Ratalthor replied to the thread No Fix Planned Cultural Raid Seal Crafter (Not Functional).

We have no fix currently planned for this incomplete content. It will be removed in the future.

Apr 1, 2024
  102. Ratalthor replied to the thread QA In Progress Unusual amount of archery misses recently (pulling).

We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end. Are there specific NPCs you see this issue more frequently? Can you share any map...

Apr 1, 2024
  103. Angeliana posted a new thread.

April is here, and that’s no joke!

[IMG] It’s time to usher in the next month in the Year of Darkpaw! Bristlebane may be trying to use his pranks on you, but we are serious...

Apr 1, 2024
  104. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

Thanks for the feedback. The time budget for processing client/server messages has been made more tunable and that budget was reduced to...

Apr 1, 2024
  105. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Recent Hotfix and Worse Lag.

An aura is often an invisible NPC casting a spell.

Mar 31, 2024
  106. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Universal Chat service issue.

Please list the server that you're playing on when universal chat is not working for you. Thanks.

Mar 30, 2024
  107. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Spell Bar Lockup.

Try the /stop commands, depending on your class and what your character has been doing. /stopcast /stopdisc /stopsocial /stopsong (or...

Mar 30, 2024
  108. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Hotfix Notes: March 29, 2024

March 29, 2024 _____________________ *** Quests & Events *** - Chasing What's Not Real: Made a speculative fix for an issue where the...

Mar 29, 2024
  109. Angeliana replied to the thread Huge lag spikes on Antonius Bayle.

This information has been passed on and is being investigated. Thank you for the report.

Mar 29, 2024
  110. Cairbrae replied to the thread Long time looging and zonning.

Please run LaunchPad to patch your game client and also click Advanced Tools and Validate Game Assets.

Mar 29, 2024
  111. niente replied to the thread Irontail under the world.

Irontail has been sent home on Tunare.

Mar 29, 2024
  112. niente replied to the thread Shroudkeepers missing from POK.

If you're stuck in a shroud you may also send me a PM or message on Discord (let me know your server / character name). Sorry for the...

Mar 29, 2024
  113. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress since DX11 update, closing laptop puts EQ in a bad state.

You're seeing the full screen window while it's inactive. It changes to a restored window size and is inactive, and not hidden. If the...

Mar 29, 2024
  114. Angeliana replied to the thread Spirit Shrouds.

The Shroudkeepers have been temporarily removed from the Plane of Knowledge. If you wish to remove your shroud, please open a petition with...

Mar 29, 2024
  115. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

The workaround can help because the new UI has one of the threads that loads DX resources in the background. Disabling that feature...

Mar 29, 2024
  116. Angeliana replied to the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

Remote work is available in CA, WA, TX and NY states.

Mar 28, 2024
  117. Angeliana posted a new thread.

[Oakwynd] Welcome to Lost Dungeons of Norrath

Welcome to Lost Dungeons of Norrath! Base Alt Currency modifier is increased from 100% to 150%!

Mar 28, 2024
  118. Angeliana posted a new thread.

[Aradune] & [Rizlona] WElcome to Call of the Forsaken!

Welcome to Call of the Forsaken! Heroic Characters are now enabled!

Mar 28, 2024
  119. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

As a workaround, if you disable the new UI, checkbox in Options > Display window, then this issue should occur less often. In eqclient.ini,...

Mar 28, 2024
  120. Meeko replied to the thread Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE.

This issue is being tracked in this thread:...

Mar 28, 2024
  121. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Thanks. We're following up on the new kaleidoscope information we're getting. It looks like a race condition is sneaking into two...

Mar 28, 2024
  122. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Hotfix 03/27/2024 - New Bugs Only

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else...

Mar 27, 2024
  123. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Hotfix 03/27/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

March 27, 2024 _____________________ *** Miscellaneous *** - Made the following changes related to DirectX 11: - - Pressing the ESC...

Mar 27, 2024
  124. Meeko replied to the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

I'll save y'all a few clicks with direct links to the job postings. Hiring people isn't always the result of someone no longer being on the...

Mar 27, 2024
  125. Meeko replied to the thread Legacy Bonus XP and Persona's.

Are you saying you have 5 total personas that each are currently the max level on the server or you have one persona that has reached...

Mar 27, 2024
  126. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Stomples Day is back!

[IMG] Get ready for a hopping good time! Hopping back into action today is Stomples Day. With spring in full swing, the only thing you...

Mar 27, 2024
  127. niente replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I made a post then edited it to a smiley face after thinking better of it. Then deleted it. I don't think my post being here or not is...

Mar 26, 2024
  128. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said "we're doing internal testing" that means the changes have not been released to the public...

Mar 26, 2024
  129. Ngreth Thergn replied to the thread No Fix Planned Cultural Raid Seal Crafter (Not Functional).

Cultural Raid Seal Crafter only functions for the following seals: Raid Elder Seal of Frost Raid Elder Seal of Flame Raid Elder Seal of...

Mar 25, 2024
  130. Ratalthor replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce Bard kicks and Banestrike.

We tested two bards side-by-side, the one with 4/4 Banestrike definitely averaged more damage per hit than the one without. Is there...

Mar 25, 2024
  131. Ratalthor replied to the thread Not A Bug Some JERK put a campfire on TOP of the rock in Riwwi.

While this isn't a bug, we will consider ways to improve this experience in the future.

Mar 25, 2024
  132. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Game switching to window mode from full screen mid fight (unplayable in current state).

You mean that this happens spontaneously? I suspect you're pressing some Windows logo key combo somehow. Please message me your...

Mar 25, 2024
  133. Angeliana replied to the thread What a puzzling event!.

The qa issue was resolved, the link was corrected first thing this morning.

Mar 25, 2024
  134. Cairbrae replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

o_O

Mar 25, 2024
  135. Angeliana replied to the thread What a puzzling event!.

It took a few refreshes, but it is working.

Mar 25, 2024
  136. Ngreth Thergn replied to the thread Fixed Internally Are there supposed to be lvl 95 skels in Gfay on Agnarr?.

So, we will be doing 2 additional things in the April patch. #1 the higher level spawners are tied to expansions. 50-75 is tied to Planes...

Mar 25, 2024
  137. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game.

Yes. We've done a major rewrite of that code. We're doing internal testing and this topic is behaving correctly.

Mar 25, 2024
  138. Cairbrae replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

This has been an elusive set of bugs that've been hard to reproduce. We believe it's fixed internally and it'll be in the next Test update....

Mar 25, 2024
  139. Angeliana replied to the thread What a puzzling event!.

Fixed, thank you.

Mar 25, 2024
  140. Angeliana posted a new thread.

What a puzzling event!

[IMG] Join us for a Social Media Jigsaw Puzzle Reveal Event! We've created a jigsaw puzzle reveal event as part of The Year of Darkpaw:...

Mar 23, 2024
  141. Angeliana replied to the thread Customer Support said to message Angeliana on the Forums. No reply after 20 days. DB Evasion Tactic?.

I did not see a private message from you, I apologize.

Mar 21, 2024
  142. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Bristlebane Day Celebration is back!

[IMG] We wouldn’t joke about such things! Mischievousness is in the air, and it’s time once again to let the fun fly! Bristlebane Day has...

Mar 21, 2024
  143. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Update 03/19/2024 - New Bugs Only

Mar 19, 2024
  144. EQ Dev posted a new thread.

Test Update 03/19/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

March 19, 2024 _____________________ *** Miscellaneous *** - Optimized NPC respawn processing and reduced its contribution to per-frame...

Mar 19, 2024
  145. Ngreth Thergn replied to the thread Fixed Internally Chasing What's Not Real Bug: Leave of Absence.

I have a guess. I am not seeing anything inherently tied to timing, BUT the Z bounds of one of the checks, that does not give an error...

Mar 19, 2024
  146. Cairbrae replied to the thread Duplicate Cant switch screens or go to desktop.

Make sure you only have only one line in your eqclient.ini file for this variable. If you find more than one, delete them (you can...

Mar 18, 2024
  147. Ratalthor replied to the thread Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

We have a fix for the original issue internally. We are currently regression testing it and expect it to hit Live in the next update.

Mar 18, 2024
  148. Ratalthor replied to the thread Fixed Internally Artisan and the Druid 'Safe at camp' achievement.

Is this still an issue as of the latest update?

Mar 18, 2024
  149. Ratalthor replied to the thread QA In Progress "You can not loot this item" bug on raids.

Requesting additional info for our testing: Is there a specific raid you experienced this issue on? Which looting system are you using?...

Mar 18, 2024
  150. Angeliana replied to the thread Extra-Life Incentives for 2023.

Please be sure to check the email which you used for your donation! If you do not find your codes (including in your spam box), you should...

Mar 18, 2024
  151. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed client locks up.

Is this still happening? If so please DM me your Logs\dbg.txt file after it happens. It's very hard for DX11 to encounter a device...

Mar 17, 2024
  152. Angeliana posted a new thread.

It is EverQuest’s 25th Anniversary!

[IMG] Come join in the celebration and receive some gifts. It has been twenty-five years of quests completed, achievements earned,...

Mar 16, 2024
  153. Cairbrae replied to the thread Fixed Short freezes on mob spawn (DX11).

Internal good news to share: Typical NPC spawn performance has been improved by about 10x and its contribution to per-frame spikes has been...

Mar 15, 2024
  154. Angeliana replied to the thread New Loading Screen.

I love all them all! Thank you so much for sharing this Fanra! :D

Mar 15, 2024
  155. Angeliana posted a new thread.

EverQuest Soundtrack Vol. 3

[IMG] Keep it rockin’ on! We can all agree that EverQuest has some of the best in-game music. We’ve all gone in and found our favorite...

Mar 15, 2024
  156. Mrtyu replied to the thread Fixed Internally extra planar potential shard.

This is valid. Will get this fixed for next update.

Mar 15, 2024
  157. Cairbrae replied to the thread Constant LDs since patch.

Are you launching more than one eq client?

Mar 14, 2024
  158. Cairbrae replied to the thread Constant LDs since patch.

Please run LaunchPad and select Advanced Tools and then Validate Game Assets.

Mar 14, 2024
  159. Cairbrae replied to the thread Info Needed Crash: character entry, zoning, randomly during play.

Are you playing in windowed or full screen mode?

Mar 14, 2024
  160. niente replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

These are great questions and feedback. 1. Lockouts - if you didn't share lockouts with a persona, you could (potentially) raid the...

Mar 14, 2024
  161. Angeliana posted a new thread.

[Vaniki] Welcome to Ring of Scale & The Burning Lands

Adventure on heroes! Welcome to level 100!

Mar 14, 2024
  162. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Found it (THANK YOU NIENTE!) hiding in one of the docs. It is now updated and posted in the appropriate section. The response is this:...

Mar 14, 2024
  163. Angeliana replied to the thread Fippy barked up the info tree!.

Ummmm, I am not sure. I am sure there could be some items in the wide world which would be a no go, I am not sure what those would be....

Mar 14, 2024
  164. Cairbrae replied to the thread Confirmed Statue of the Altruistic Valorian is still black.

This is an old content bug and known issue. The 2.0 Pixel shader for this model renders black.

Mar 14, 2024
  165. Cairbrae replied to the thread video modes.

Please send me your Logs\dbg.txt and eqclient.ini files and I'll take a look. In the meantime, rename your eqclient.ini file to...

Mar 14, 2024
  166. Angeliana replied to the thread Fippy barked up the info tree!.

No, not at all. There will be Game Teams from EQ and EQII to sign stuff!

Mar 14, 2024
  167. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Thank you for pointing this out. It might have been overlooked, I'll figure it out and post it as soon as I figure out where it went.

Mar 14, 2024
  168. niente replied to the thread Persona Aug Stripping.

I spent 1/2 the day on this but frustratingly still haven't reproduced it locally. More info from others who run into this would be...

Mar 13, 2024
  169. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Leads TLP Questions Q: Is there any possibility of doing a progression sever that is like WoW's Season of Discovery? JChan: Time is vast,...

Mar 13, 2024
  170. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Game Team - Everyone, continued Miscellaneous, continued Q: Why does it take years to get fixes to things that could probably be done in...

Mar 13, 2024
  171. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Fippy barked up the info tree!

[IMG] See below for more details about the top-tier Ambassador Edition tickets. We know you’ve all been waiting for some details about...

Mar 13, 2024
  172. niente replied to the thread Ornamentation Bug with Alt Personas.

This can be fixed with an Ornamentation Stripping Tool purchased from an LDoN Magus (and other merchants). Combine the un-augged item in...

Mar 13, 2024
  173. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Game Team - Everyone, continued Miscellaneous, continued Q: What is something you worked on that was really difficult to do? What made it...

Mar 13, 2024
  174. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Game Team - Everyone Miscellaneous Questions Q: How popular is housing among the developers, any hardcore cozy gamers or absolute...

Mar 13, 2024
  175. niente replied to the thread Persona Aug Stripping.

Hah, you'll like it less and less as time goes on. Unless you like manually putting augs in every swap :P

Mar 13, 2024
  176. niente replied to the thread Persona Aug Stripping.

There's something new wrong w/ it, I'm looking at it but didn't figure it out yet.

Mar 13, 2024
  177. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - System, continued Fellowship Questions Q: Could we have a primary and secondary fellowship? Much like we have primary and...

Mar 13, 2024
  178. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - Systems, continued Housing Questions Q: Are we ever going get some new house items added to the game and can they be for game...

Mar 13, 2024
  179. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - Systems, continued Items Questions Q: Can we let the NoS Cloak gain increased exp in LS zones? Ngreth: We will not do this. Q:...

Mar 13, 2024
  180. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - Systems Marketplace Questions Q: Can market place cut down on the micro transactions and make more of the offerings available by...

Mar 13, 2024
  181. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Anniversary Tower Door 3 is unlocked!

[IMG] What could possibly be behind door number 3? You step out of the tower’s second door, covered in the blood and viscera of your...

Mar 13, 2024
  182. Angeliana replied to the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

UPDATE: The responses will be posted today, I am working on formatting them to appear nice on the forum. Thank you all for your patience.

Mar 13, 2024
  183. Meeko replied to the thread Fixed Dragon's Hoard cap not raised, or marketplace cap not raised.

Thanks for the report! Additional slots up to the new 500 max should now be available for purchase.

Mar 13, 2024
  184. Meeko replied to the thread Fixed AB instances not starting.

This issue has been resolved.

Mar 13, 2024
  185. Angeliana posted a new thread.

All hail Brell!

[IMG] Brew Day is back. Let’s get to celebrating! What a time to hoist a frosty pint in celebration of Brell Serilis during our annual...

Mar 13, 2024
  186. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - Content, continued Bug Questions Q: Can we get the HAs fixed that were messed up years ago when the NPCs were updated to scale...

Mar 13, 2024
  187. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Design - Content Raid Questions Q: Can we get 10 man raids? Absor: This comes up every so often, usually about 40 or so person raids,...

Mar 13, 2024
  188. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Customer Service Q: could you please streamline bot reporting? Something wholly in game would be preferred. A: This is something we can...

Mar 13, 2024
  189. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Community Relations Q: Can we get a dislike button on the forum? Angeliana: Our current forum does not have this option. However, we are...

Mar 13, 2024
  190. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Code, continued Follow Questions Q: Can we please get an improvement on /follow? And can we please stop designing tunnels and hallways...

Mar 13, 2024
  191. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Code Persona Questions Q: Are there any plans to further fine tune Personas, and possibly make them more useful, without so many...

Mar 13, 2024
  192. Meeko replied to the thread Fixed AB instances not starting.

This is being looked into.

Mar 13, 2024
  193. Angeliana replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Q: Would it be possible to bring back player made/designed items for a guild to pay to make their own livery for their whole group? Ngreth:...

Mar 13, 2024
  194. Angeliana posted a new thread.

The AMA responses are here!

Hail Norrathians! It's been a few weeks, but we've finally finished responding to the questions we are able to from the Year of Darkpaw...

Mar 13, 2024
  195. Angeliana replied to the thread Year of Darkpaw Lore & Trivia Contest Round 2.

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner! I will Private Message you a code in a moment! Congratulations!

Mar 13, 2024
  196. Angeliana posted a new thread.

Game Update Notes - March 13, 2024

Highlights Starting March 16th, seek out Alta the Frightened in Crescent Reach to start the 25th Anniversary quests! Items The names,...

Mar 13, 2024
  197. Angeliana replied to the thread Year of Darkpaw Lore & Trivia Contest Round 2.

What shop and which zones was this picture taken in? [IMG]

Mar 13, 2024