Test Update 03/19/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 19, 2024.

1. EQ Dev Developer

March 19, 2024

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Optimized NPC respawn processing and reduced its contribution to per-frame spikes by at least 50%.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Windance Augur

If this patch looks good can we expect an out of cycle patch for live?

The NPC spawn lag has been a major annoyance for months and any relief for raid lag would be much appreciated.
    Eviara and Tired like this.
  3. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

This one item will be patched in April on the regular monthly cycle lol
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Good job team!
    Any word from test server on how its working out?
    Windance and Fanra like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but was running around Unrest and there appears to be a collection piece inside a wall.
    [IMG]
  6. Knifen Augur

No, that one is on the roof of the building
  7. Angahran Augur

No wonder I couldn't find it!

Thanks.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Are we fixing the broken raid achievement in this patch? It's been confirmed for a while and this has been a problem since expansion launch.
    Kaenneth, Yinla and Knifen like this.
  9. Bolien Elder

I fail to see bard own dps fix to be in line with other hybrids since LS launch. Devs are sleeping or like to keep fixing useless stuff?
  10. Kaliko Augur

Bards have been ignored by the devs wholely for like 10 years. They've received nothing new or significant, still have no new discis, no new burns, etc. The only thing remotely good they've received is the dot boost, but they expect bards to just be ADPS and nothing more meanwhile Tanks and Priests absolutely demolish them.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Clerics: Hold my ale...