In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Jan 18, 2024.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

Edit -- More investigation.

Using a concurrently running instance of EQ, I looked around where surrounding objects might have similar textures and this character had the same texture atlas (below).

I have one character who just sees this. I have another character (the post above) that sees this AND the big boxy thing moving with Czerina's idle movements. And I have another character that sees nothing wrong right now.

To me (a non-coder) it seems like object variables have a chance of being incorrectly stored (in RAM?) thereby changing their size and what textures they reference.

[IMG]
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

This is the non-broken view of the character around which I can see the texture atlas right now:

[IMG]
  3. Fennemin New Member

I had never seen this effect until today. Currently running the most recent hotfix.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

3/31/2024 Latest Nvidia driver 551.86
    [IMG][IMG]
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Use imgur google it. After you upload your image, chose Copy Image Address
    [IMG]

Then on these forums when you reply, chose this icon
    [IMG]

Then you can paste in the URL for your image and then click Insert.
    [IMG]
  6. Peter_The_great Elder

Yep, still happens.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

This has gotten worse for me in the past couple of days.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Egot Elder

[IMG]

Logging out and validating assets removed the graphics artifacts and reset Plane of Knowledge to a normal state
  9. Pawsfur New Member

I posted last week about my issues in the guild lobby and Pok. Just wanted to add that I am now experiencing the issue in the guild hall as well to a lesser extent.
  10. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

15 players in the guild lobby, so it's not a problem there.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I thought I fixed it but nope, it's back.

[IMG]
  12. Cairbrae Developer

What server is this picture from?
  13. Keeden New Member

Firiona Vie
  14. Lodestar The Undefeated

This is also still happening on Bristlebane every day. Confirmed by multiple people I play with, and myself, who all have entirely different computers and setups. Guild Lobby and POK especially.
  15. Cairbrae Developer

We think it's fixed on the Test server as of April 9th. Live servers will be updated on April 17th.
    Rijacki, Fenthen and Lodestar like this.
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I did notice that when it happens in the lobby that it is just in the center. If you walk the corridor between the bankers and the lobby then it does show. Unless a little bled over from someone standing to close to the wall inside the center.
    minimind likes this.
  17. Kalamos Augur

• Fixed kaleidoscopic rendering artifacts and related crashes.
    I'm afraid there's more work to do here. This is exploding off my Enchanter's pet. I'm pretty sure its coming from the Mage summoned swords it's equipped with.

[IMG]
  18. Cairbrae Developer

Did you run Launchpad and patch your client today?
    What does your Logs\dbg.txt file say for EQGraphics library version? For example:

[Wed Apr 17 12:48:01 2024]00005:Graphics DLL Version 3.00.240412
  19. Kalamos Augur

Yes I patched with the Launcher today. Here is the snip from my dbg.txt file ...

[Wed Apr 17 16:19:07 2024]00004:Graphics DLL Configuration Type: GraphicsDLL
    [Wed Apr 17 16:19:07 2024]00005:Graphics DLL Version 3.00.240412
    Cairbrae likes this.
  20. Lodestar The Undefeated

Another person I play with has confirmed he still has the issue as well.