What a puzzling event!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Mitsune Elder

The most mysterious part of the puzzle is that it is (on purpose?) not clear at what time the tasks will be put online - for a challenge that favors the fastest correct reply. Choosing the winners with /rand 1 1000 would have been simpler.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Fixed, thank you.
  3. Anguisette Chaotic Evil

Thank you for taking the time to come up with another fun event. Misery loves company (as is evident in a few posts already), don't let them bring you down into their habitual negativity and ruin your spirit in wanting to continue to think up innovative and fun community events. Don't let people turn you into a jaded cynic just because that is what they choose to be.
  4. Mitsune Elder

Are you sure? Not working for me. (And neither is the EQII page.)
  5. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It took a few refreshes, but it is working.
  6. Mitsune Elder

I really hope that's true and it's only a problem on my end but somehow I think qa.everquest.com is only visible in your local intranet. The domain everquest.com is visible but qa.everquest.com is not as it is not known by the dns.
  7. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The qa issue was resolved, the link was corrected first thing this morning.
    minimind likes this.
  8. staceyray New Member

I agree with other posts about the social media. I do not use the social media listed here. I think it is a waste of time. I would rather communicate here on the forums. I have a feeling a lot of EQ players feel the same. Remember the age group you are dealing with DB.
  9. Anguisette Chaotic Evil

I am 72 years old and know full well how to use social media. Age has nothing to do with it, many of us have and actively use social media.

If you do not wish to participate, then don't.
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put.
    minimind and Anguisette like this.
  11. Paladin Augur

So... it's after 1 PM Pacific. I haven't seen anything yet?
  12. Raytheon Augur

DPG: Hey here's a fun way to maybe win some free stuff:
    Half of EQ: Waaaaaaa.... I want to win free stuff MY way! Waaaaaaaaa......
  13. Anti-Social New Member

First of all, in response to the limitations I put on myself for ANY social media forums or posting....I am a private person that could give 2 craps about what everyone is doing or thinks....and I sure as hell don't share any thoughts or info for others to judge anonymously; other than this post --- because I just couldn't help myself on calling out the ignorance people and posts, such as this.
    Social media is just a platform for the majority of people that are either too friggin nosy about what others do or say.....or must feel self-righteous about posting comments that is just an opinion and doesn't matter at all....in the scheme of things.
    Go ahead....knock this post....do what you do...and prove my point further.
    You can almost tell where the generational lines start, by age group...according to the relevance of "how" important social media is to them.
    Guess my age group....because I DFC about any of it. The only reason I even posted, was I couldn't resist debunking the assanine comment of which this is a reply to.
    If social media is what you live for....go for it, just don't include.....EXclude me because I think it's stupid, meaningless and the 2nd worst decline of the 40 and under age groups....only following cell phones....which they also can't seem to live without 24/7.
    Put your phones down and stay off social media for 1 day and you'll realize there is another world out there, in front of you....it's called REALITY.

BTW.....if EQ doesn't want to include it's non-social media playerbase in an event... Who cares?
    ...I'm out......
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh get real. The age group that plays EQ knows full well how to use social media. Some choose not to, and they just don't get to do this particular event.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. looffy Journeyman

@TrueboxSucks 2024-03-25T 21:16:20.000Z
    @SaiyanGenesis3 2024-03-25T 21:16:31.000Z
    @EverQuestShow 2024-03-25T 21:17:04.000Z

Yesterdays winner for twitter should have been @TrueboxSucks, Fading got third.
  16. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I gotta say, "first to answer wins" is a sure way to kill all engagement this thing could have had on any social media. I mean, why bother answering if someone already got the right answer within seconds of the post being made?

It would have been far better if it was random between those that answer, at least. (if scoring everyone is too time consuming).
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Monkeychunks Augur

Yep, just like a well know pizza chain who says they will send out the invite right when the free pizza's for a year go live and you can bet some snot nosed online game player is drooling over his i-phone waiting for the bell to ring.

I don't chase waterfalls baby, or carrots. But I hope you all enjoy!
  18. Mitsune Elder

Day 3 on twitter: Ex Surge (@surgettv) wins with timestamp 10:13 PM · Mar 27, 2024
    At least 4 posts with time stamps before that and a similar answer.
    Either the inters do not know how twitter works or they apply some ranking that is beyond me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  19. looffy Journeyman

Im guessing theyre just taking whoever is at the top of the list when they decide to look so its basically random. Twitter shows the timestamp to the second if you inspect the element, @trueboxsucks has been first every day so far including today.
  20. Mitsune Elder

If they really do not check the timestamp they could say so. Then there would be no need to hurry.

(Otherwise: On day 3 I was a minute before @trueboxsucks but I can easily be disqualified if they require a specific wording of the answer or for missing a puzzle piece number that I added later, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)