Confirmed Statue of the Altruistic Valorian is still black

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fenthen, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

[IMG]

The DX11 implementation still needs more work.
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

This statue has always been black unless you mean this to be sarcastic? Do a search should bring up a ton of posts over the years

Its 100% improved overall for me with this patch. And I did not do one iota of all those "fixes" thank god.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Pre-DX11 it looked fine, sort of the like the Firiona statue there to the right. Lantern and everything, colored appropriately.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think everyone had different results from that statue. I remember this being posted but others were saying it appeared normal for them. Its always been black for me in every guild hall I have seen.

May 18, 2014 — The Statue of Altruistic Guardian was (is) infamous for rendering all black no textures

Sorry yours is black but the fact that they got rid of the grey wash outs is huge so hopefully they won't try to fix one statue and ruin all the progress :)
  5. Bernel Augur

I still see black textures everywhere on Test, like this:

[IMG]
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bummer mine is fine and showed up normal with no grey fillers

Did you try any of those fixes that have been posted? What does yours look like on live?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, it wasn't. Prior to the DX11 rollout, that statue looked perfectly fine on all my accounts.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

The specific issue with this model is the shaders. Try toggling them on and off and (depending on your settings) it should toggle between grey and black.
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

Are you using all the highest quality textures? I saw this a lot when the DX11 patch first came out because I was set to use least memory, lowest quality textures.
  10. Cairbrae Developer

This is an old content bug and known issue. The 2.0 Pixel shader for this model renders black.
    Monkeychunks, Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.