video modes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by xcitng, Mar 13, 2024.

1. xcitng Augur

something is wrong with my video modes for the 3 accounts i have in one eq folder on this computer, my account in the other folder is working fine.

i have the video mode set in both folders at 1152x864 for windowed mode, same on my other computer, but when i logged in after the patch today that setting is bringing up a window that is just a bit over 1/2 as wide as it should be. if i manually make it wider it changes the setting in the video modes window to 640x480, then if i change it there back to 1152x864 it shrinks the window back again and reads 1152x864. when in the 640x480 mode everything is smaller and more distant and somewhat distorted. i need help please as i have no clue how to fix this ;(
  2. xcitng Augur

i can't play the game with this happening as this distorts the view of everything too much, all i can do is put up bazaar chars ... can this be fixed?
  3. Cairbrae Developer

Please send me your Logs\dbg.txt and eqclient.ini files and I'll take a look.

In the meantime, rename your eqclient.ini file to eqclient.bak.ini and then relaunch the game. Let me know if that fixes the problem.
  4. xcitng Augur

changing the name on eqclient worked, it went back to how it had been, but, duh, i opened the video modes in game and set it on 1152x864 and it went back to being messed up again ;( i don't have the ini files but can
  5. xcitng Augur

i copied over the ini files but can send the dbg log