New Loading Screen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CdeezNotes, Mar 15, 2024.

1. CdeezNotes Augur

Is there a local copied saved anywhere? The art is honestly fantastic.

@Angeliana help me out here.
    Toukan, Nniki, minimind and 3 others like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sita, Cidran, Maedhros and 15 others like this.
  3. CdeezNotes Augur

4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, that is great Fanra.

You even have the Brad memorial!!!

Time to set up a rotating windows display.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would love to have the new screen as a tee-shirt or some other physical item. I also think it's fantastic.
    Angeliana and Nennius like this.
  6. Lilfella Elder

I can't tell which direction al`kabor is supposed to be facing
  7. Szilent Augur

... he's facing the enemy.
  8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I love all them all! Thank you so much for sharing this Fanra! :D
    Cidran, Maedhros, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fading Illusion Augur

Maedhros and Nniki like this.
  10. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Firiona is overdressed and what does that bard thinks she is going.
    Cidran likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Bards have delusions of being able to be off-tanks.
    (my main is a bard :) )
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

She's been less dressed in previous loading screens.

You know, I finally figured out something that has been puzzling EQ players since day one. Firiona is a paladin of Tunare and yet many images show her fighting in skimpy silk, with a magic staff. Only recently have we seen her wearing sensible plate with a sword and shield.

The answer is she moves through time with Zebuxoruk and has personas! So most of the time we see her as her wizard persona. Yes, decades before Darkpaw even thought of adding personas, Firiona was already using them!
    Grove, Cidran, Sprooce and 2 others like this.
  13. Knifen Augur

Fanra likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Ohh those bring some epic memories! Thank you for putting them all together, Fanra!

Also, some are hilariously bad and /facepalm worthy...

I remember the OoW era and that loading screen. We expected to find those original 'heroes' that, according to the GoD story line, 1-grouped all the way to Tacvi and mysteriously disappeared. But, despite them being featured on the OoW loading screen, we never saw them again. Maybe Absor can enlighten us what happened, as he was already on the dev team at the time? The one logical explanation is that they got banned for cheating: the rogue dude is literally dual-wielding his epics 2.0... :p

And I can't look at the TBS one without laughing. Ship-to-Ship Combat (tm) featuring Firiona Vie after a bad Botox job! Different sized eyes! No wonder she disappeared from the posters for several years after that cosmetic surgery disaster. Next time we saw Firiona was on the TDS art - with a completely new face :D
    Fanra likes this.
  15. Szilent Augur

Morden Rasp is the rogue. Devs took a swing at adding "main characters" to EQ's story in LDoN, that's them building the Queen of Thorns & going at GoD, because Morden's girlfriend got magical-sick with visions of Discord. That direction was let go with the realization that - whoa - the *players* are the main characters, so we didn't keep following them into Omens.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe you find their bodies in one of the raids. I'll have to look it up when I have time.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

18. Szilent Augur

yeah that's not them. those are Dev & GM names
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They were the "other" group of adventurers to make it to Tacvi, but they died.

Morden Rasp and Tondal Di`Xevar is who you are referring to. That's in the story window.

It's an easy mistake for someone to make, if you go through all of the Gates lore they sent out wave after wave of scouts, almost all of which died.
  20. Axxius Augur

Are there any clues about the Morden crew's fate after they reached Tacvi? The last thing I remember was them looking at Tunat in his room (so maybe they got banned for exploiting/warping then :p)

But the NPC's on the ship were awaiting their return. Which never happened.