niente's Recent Activity

1. niente liked Mykaylla's post in the thread Confirmed Charm pet template is artificially capping at a reduced buff limit of ten.

Since the most recent patch, charm pets are unable to have any more than 10 buff and debuffs on them at any one time. Test subject: a...

May 20, 2022 at 10:27 AM
  2. niente liked Fintank's post in the thread QA In Progress Consumed By the Hunt.

For a while now there has been an issue with the "Land On" message when this line of spells procs. The message was on the first iteration...

May 11, 2022
  3. niente replied to the thread Confirmed Post patch (20th April 2022) - Brightness issues.

What values do you currently have for these: eqclient.ini [Defaults] WindowedGamma=0 LinearGammaContent=0 Gamma=11.000000

May 2, 2022
  4. niente liked Fllint's post in the thread Fixed Internally Hotkey cancelling with Stop Action not working correctly at all.

If you use the stop action command (or right click) on a hotkey that is currently still in the process of running, you cannot instantly...

Apr 30, 2022
  5. niente liked zleski's post in the thread Bard song Soothing Psalm of the Sunrise absent from /output missingspells and spellbook.

Really says it all. My bard, Syngg, on Cazic spent forever trying to find where this song was in her spellbook and so I checked /output...

Apr 28, 2022
  6. niente liked Nniki's post in the thread Bard /output missingspells.

At some point during the introduction of the Item Benefit songs that replaced the normal bard songs as click effects on items that were...

Apr 28, 2022
  7. niente replied to the thread Not A Bug guildhall portal resetting after minutes.

The last patch fixed a bug where guild halls would sometimes not close. This is why the teleporter was not resetting. It is fixed now (it's...

Apr 26, 2022
  8. niente liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing Guild ranks not able to set permissions.

This is my understanding on the below picture. I am standing in a plot I own and I would like all my guild mates to access everything. So I...

Apr 25, 2022
  9. niente liked Hildegarn's post in the thread Fixed Warrior Discs not functioning.

For some odd reason Warrior combat discs (primal defense, resolute stand etc...) stop working. You can press the hotkeys all you want and...

Apr 22, 2022
  10. niente replied to the thread Why not use the community rather than breaking things?.

EQ is a really big, complicated game to work on. Play as well (but you already know that). That doesn't excuse making careless mistakes,...

Apr 22, 2022
  11. niente replied to the thread Player Housing Guild ranks not able to set permissions.

Can you give us a little more detail? Is the issue with the guild window or on the real estate plot? What rank do you try on what...

Apr 20, 2022
  12. niente replied to the thread Error 1017 when logging to Antonius Bayle.

I responded in the bugs thread, pasting it here as well....

Apr 19, 2022
  13. niente replied to the thread Tower of Rot bug - continuous stairwell train.

I repopped the zone on emarr. This is a known bug that I believe has been worked on by design a few times, and seems to be really elusive...

Apr 19, 2022
  14. niente replied to the thread AB unreachable for serveral Players: Error 1017.

I haven't tracked down what is causing this yet, but I suspect it might be a firewall issue, and may be dependent on how your PC is trying...

Apr 19, 2022
  15. niente replied to the thread AB unreachable for serveral Players: Error 1017.

Please let me know your character name on AB to help investigate. (Can send a PM)

Apr 19, 2022
  16. niente replied to the thread Error 1017 when logging to Antonius Bayle.

Can any of you please let me know your character name on AB to help investigate? Can PM me if you want. Anecdotally, I was able to log...

Apr 19, 2022
  17. niente replied to the thread Test Update 4/12/2022 - New Bugs Only.

Dodge abilities are fixed internally now (not on Test yet). This is fixed internally (not on Test yet). This is fixed internally...

Apr 14, 2022
  18. niente liked Veteran_BetaTester's post in the thread 35-50 second delay in raids.

Cox San Diego... yep that's my location. Thank you Niente

Mar 30, 2022
  19. niente replied to the thread Fixed Anchor's have stopped working....

Things should be working again now, please send me a PM if anything is still broken or missing. Thanks for your patience.

Mar 30, 2022
  20. niente replied to the thread 35-50 second delay in raids.

Some of us have also been having issues - if applicable to you, our issues seem specific to Cox in San Diego. In-game it seems to only...

Mar 30, 2022
  21. niente replied to the thread Name Change Issue.

We should probably clean up the bad name DB tables. These are what block players for having a partial name that is in the table. You...

Mar 25, 2022
  22. niente replied to the thread New pick balancing system seems to ignore the main pick numbers.

Players wanted to go to the same pick as their group. If no one is in the destination zone in your group (but multiple group members begin...

Mar 25, 2022
  23. niente replied to the thread Darkpaw Games is Hiring!.

I haven't read all of the thread, but I wanted to step in and say Daybreak can hire remotely from the following states: CA, WA, TX, MA, CO...

Mar 18, 2022
  24. niente liked Skuz's post in the thread Darkpaw Games is Hiring!.

My memory was a bit defective, I recalled "more than 400" being active but it was actually "500 individual GM's came through customer...

Mar 18, 2022
  25. niente replied to the thread Fixed One mob killed twice at the same time.

Here's how this bug worked: NPC reaches 0 HP NPC death event fires. In this case, the death event causes Feeding Frenzy (450k dmg) to be...

Mar 17, 2022
  26. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Guild portal / Mechamatic Guardian / Caverns of Endless Song issues.

This bug (fixed by the illustrious Dzarn) was caused by the constructor for an aura not always initializing its radius correctly.

Mar 17, 2022
  27. niente replied to the thread Lost All Overseer Progress On Every Character.

Please send me a PM with the name of one of your characters, and the server.

Mar 17, 2022
  28. niente liked Qwalla's post in the thread Luclinite Horde Cube - Drops on first floor?.

Thank you all for contacting Luclinite Horde Cube support, 100% transparency? I don't remember putting the cube on that blob. But you...

Mar 14, 2022
  29. niente liked Qwalla's post in the thread Luclinite Horde Cube - Drops on first floor?.

Thank you for calling Luclinite Horde Cube Support, this is Qwalla and I'll be your assistant today. As Thunderkiks mentioned, the cube...

Mar 14, 2022
  30. niente replied to the thread Fixed CotF HA's entering phrase not working.

We've added some additional zone hardware. If you start seeing this problem again in the next few days, please let us know.

Mar 11, 2022
  31. niente liked Accendo's post in the thread What Constitutes as Cheating?.

This question has obviously been a hot topic lately with many wondering just what does constitute as cheating. Elaborating on our Knowledge...

Mar 8, 2022
  32. niente liked klanderso's post in the thread Fixed Internally Aten Ha Ra Raid Crashes.

After the update tomorrow, can I get a few of you to try a raid or two and let me know if you're still crashing? It shouldn't be happening...

Mar 8, 2022
  33. niente replied to the thread Fixed Cazic Return of the Exiled PGH , empty again....

I ran a script to add the missing items back to the hall. They will be marked as Stored, and if you load a saved layout it should place...

Mar 3, 2022
  34. niente liked TrueNorth's post in the thread Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The changes that need to be made to custom UIs will depend on how the custom UI is setup, but essentially, the buff window used to define...

Mar 2, 2022
  35. niente replied to the thread Fixed Remove MOTD please.

Guides don't have permissions to set the MOTD. I removed it.

Mar 2, 2022
  36. niente replied to the thread Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It only effects BarterWnd (the window you use when you set up your own buyer), BarterMerchantWnd (the window you see when interacting...

Mar 1, 2022
  37. niente liked Fanra's post in the thread Fixed Internally Fellowships Window Not Showing Last On Date.

Actually, it is showing it for the top character but the rest are empty except for those online where it is show the Zone they are in twice...

Mar 1, 2022
  38. niente replied to the thread Blood of Ssraeshza and Rhozth Ssrakezh not respawning.

What server are you hunting them on?

Feb 28, 2022
  39. niente liked Accendo's post in the thread Get to Know Your Dev: Kevin Lydy.

[IMG] A peek inside the mind and world of EverQuest's Lead Artist! How did you come to work on EverQuest? Like many people on both...

Feb 28, 2022
  40. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Guild portal / Mechamatic Guardian / Caverns of Endless Song issues.

Auras detect what players enter (or exit) their radius. When you enter an aura, some auras run a script on your character. This is how the...

Feb 25, 2022
  41. niente liked Skylet's post in the thread IB Levitation, Char Stuck.

Hello everyone, Since the most recent patch I have noticed a bug that was rather inconvenience. Gaining Illusion Benefit Levitation...

Feb 24, 2022
  42. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Aten Ha Ra Raid Crashes.

This crash is related to receiving buffs. It is not unique to the AHR raid, but can happen anywhere. We would like to fix it ASAP, but it...

Feb 24, 2022
  43. niente liked Imukai's post in the thread Bard songs in buff windows don't show caster..

You can briefly look in your spell spam window to see who is singing the song. But +1 for short duration buffs showing the same level of...

Feb 24, 2022
  44. niente liked Senema's post in the thread Fixed Internally EQ won't show me over 999,999 HP.

Hello, when ever I go over 1 million HP the UI does this weird glitch thing and id like to see my HP normal.

Feb 24, 2022
  45. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Guild portal / Mechamatic Guardian / Caverns of Endless Song issues.

Oddly enough, this is the same bug as these two other bugs:...

Feb 24, 2022
  46. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Guild portal / Mechamatic Guardian / Caverns of Endless Song issues.

Tempest Temple and Dragonscale Hills have been repopped on all Live servers, which should resolve the issue. We have a ticket to...

Feb 24, 2022
  47. niente liked Absor's post in the thread A long ramble about making "easy" fixes to old content..

I was recently asked to look into the Stalwart Defenders event in Soltaris. Since before making any changes to something like this I need...

Feb 24, 2022
  48. niente liked Rolaque's post in the thread Fixed Internally Aten Ha Ra Raid Crashes.

This bug has closed down EQ twice for me. It was immediate and unexpected. Once in Aten Ha Ra raid (the screen locked up first, then I...

Feb 22, 2022
  49. niente replied to the thread Fixed Cazic Return of the Exiled PGH , empty again....

I can't be tasked by Discord PMs or I would never get anything done. I am sorry that CS did not forward this to the code team. Are the...

Feb 15, 2022
  50. niente replied to the thread Fixed Cazic Return of the Exiled PGH , empty again....

I'll take a look. What date/time/timezone did the items first disappear? Edit: Nm, found date

Feb 15, 2022
  51. niente liked code-zero's post in the thread Seeking Analysis of LEAST Popular Class/Race Combos.

From the 20th Anniversary listswe can get some ideas too. I knew I'd seen this somewhere [IMG]

Feb 15, 2022
  52. niente liked minimind's post in the thread Seeking Analysis of LEAST Popular Class/Race Combos.

That's a clever idea. Here's how it turned out. Count of Verified Level 120 Characters on Magelo by Class War: 114 Shm: 112 Clr: 107...

Feb 15, 2022
  53. niente liked Yahsha's post in the thread Raid boss strikethrough, or not?.

Morning all, Overlooking Raid Tank parses lately, and it would seem as though not every Riposte is strikethrough by the Raid boss. Few...

Feb 11, 2022
  54. niente replied to the thread Test Update 02/08/2022 - New Bugs Only.

Thanks for the report, this should be fixed for the Live patch.

Feb 9, 2022
  55. niente liked Nilwean's post in the thread Test Update 02/08/2022 - New Bugs Only.

This didn't work properly, I now have both ranks 1 and 2 of Moonwhisper Crystals in my book. Not sure if the same issue exists with...

Feb 9, 2022
  56. niente liked bobokatt's post in the thread Test Update 02/08/2022 - New Bugs Only.

So far that I have tested, those are the only two things wrong with copied items on test. Tradeskill combines seem to work fine either...

Feb 9, 2022
  57. niente replied to the thread Test Update 02/08/2022 - New Bugs Only.

Is there anything wrong with copied items other than these two things? - Giving pets copied items - Donating copied items for tribute...

Feb 9, 2022
  58. niente liked Lluianae's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Hello my fellow Clerics, it's been a long while! I've certainly missed our community. My post might be a bit of a wall of text as I write...

Feb 8, 2022
  59. niente liked Lluianae's post in the thread Ferocity on Bards.

To see posts like this from the devs is really cool! Much of the old research us players did on subjects like this vanished with TSW....

Feb 8, 2022
  60. niente replied to the thread Ferocity on Bards.

If you have an item with Ferocity (SPA 177 - Double Attack Chance), but do not have either the Double Attack skill or SPA 225 (Burst of...

Feb 8, 2022
  61. niente liked Trebla7th's post in the thread Ferocity on Bards.

I had heard grumblings that on TLPs, Ferocity didn't affect Bards until a certain expansion due to the AA nature of Bard Double Attack. I...

Feb 8, 2022
  62. niente liked Takhizis's post in the thread Dragons of Norrath compass marker.

The quest marker for group and raid tasks is not showing up on your compass if you are in a numbered pick, only the base zone.

Feb 3, 2022
  63. niente replied to the thread Cannot Reproduce Mischief - player corpse disappeared after death.

I can confirm what CS said. At 1:33pm PT you died in PoG. At 1:38 you zoned into PoTranq. At 1:44 you got a rez and zoned back into PoG....

Feb 3, 2022
  64. niente replied to the thread Characters will not load on test server.

Test had a database issue that should now be resolved. If you are still stuck at "Loading Characters" when you log into Test, please PM...

Feb 2, 2022
  65. niente replied to the thread Test Update 01/25/2022 - Discussion.

It's still 64 bit. The changes Test got on Tuesday were from design changes made between Jan 11-14 that made it to the Live patch but not...

Jan 28, 2022
  66. niente liked Meeko's post in the thread Fixed ENC Beguiler's Banishment And Root Conflict.

This issue has been fixed internally and should go live with the next monthly update. NPCs with multiple root spells on them should...

Jan 21, 2022
  67. niente liked PDXPCFL's post in the thread Charayan the Crusader.

So, being as it's now Planes of Power, Charyan the Crusader is now spawning in Skyshrine. The issue that I would consider a "bug" is that...

Jan 20, 2022
  68. niente replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Sorry, I shouldn't have responded with my previous comment and it was a bit mean. I get a bit triggered when people think I don't play...

Jan 6, 2022
  69. niente replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I have played a cleric since 2001. :)

Jan 6, 2022
  70. niente replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I'm going to ask some generic questions that will maybe help. What will help solve this problem? Which aspects of playing a cleric are...

Jan 6, 2022
  71. niente replied to the thread [Feedback] Not enough room in spellbook for all TOL enchanter spells.

The spellbook limit will be updated in the patch, thanks for letting us know.

Jan 6, 2022
  72. niente liked hellofriend's post in the thread Hello, I am here to complain about server downtime.

Well I just can't believe it lately!

Dec 20, 2021
  73. niente replied to the thread Fixed Overseer: Now not starting at all after server have been fixed (tm).

We got the information we needed, thanks all.

Dec 20, 2021
  74. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed.

No, I am not cool with it. In my personal imaginary universe, it would have been fixed ages ago and I really wanted it to be. Same with...

Dec 20, 2021
  75. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed.

"Fixed Internally" means a developer has fixed it, but the fix has not yet gone live.

Dec 20, 2021
  76. niente replied to the thread Fixed Overseer: Now not starting at all after server have been fixed (tm).

Need PC names and server names please. Can send me a PM if you like.

Dec 20, 2021
  77. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed.

This should be fixed in the January patch.

Dec 20, 2021
  78. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed.

I don't know what happened to the other thread, myself or someone else may have moved it by mistake. In any case, we haven't worked on this...

Dec 10, 2021
  79. niente replied to the thread In Progress AA's not working, specialization skills reset in new Maidens Eye.

I gave CS some information on what happened and instructions on how to help fix people in game.

Dec 10, 2021
  80. niente replied to the thread In Progress AA's not working, specialization skills reset in new Maidens Eye.

Is this affecting any server other than Bristlebane?

Dec 9, 2021
  81. niente replied to the thread Fixed Internally Breath of Harmony clicky doesn't stack with Shaman focus line spells.

This was caused by a weird spell issue with bards where if a spell does not have a bard casting level, it is not considered a "bard spell"...

Dec 9, 2021
  82. niente replied to the thread In Progress overseer problem.

That sounds like this bug, if you can add additional information to that thread it would help....

Dec 8, 2021
  83. niente replied to the thread In Progress overseer problem.

If you previously PM'd me about getting your Overseer fixed, please submit another petition for CS about being limited to 1 Max Active...

Dec 8, 2021
  84. niente replied to the thread Mischief server.

There are plans™ to make this less bad. We have a ticket internally to make load balancing choose better when you enter a heavily populated...

Dec 8, 2021
  85. niente replied to the thread Fixed can t remove familiar.

Thanks for the report. If you are not able to remove items from any key rings other than Illusion and Familiar, please PM me the character...

Dec 8, 2021
  86. niente liked Quatreh's post in the thread Fixed can t remove familiar.

Heya, since ToL launch I can t remove familiar from keyring, so I can t add any other because my key ring is full.

Dec 8, 2021
  87. niente liked FrozenWater's post in the thread Fixed Can't purchase additional Teleportation Key Ring slots.

There doesn't seem to be an item in the marketplace, and the "Buy Slots" button on the Teleportation Key Ring tab is a noop.

Dec 7, 2021
  88. niente replied to the thread Not A Bug Bug or bad design, maximum players in a zone?.

This mechanic exists because zone performance starts to break down when there are too many players in the zone. It is meant to encourage...

Dec 7, 2021
  89. niente replied to the thread In Progress overseer problem.

If your account is in this state, please PM me your character's name and the server name. Thanks

Dec 6, 2021
  90. niente replied to the thread Any word on bard clickies graying out spellbar?.

If you use a clicky with a cast time while /melody is going it may break /melody or cause you to lock up. There are 3 big pieces of spell...

Nov 30, 2021
  91. niente replied to the thread Confirmed Raid Expedition: A Matter of Life and Death.

As a workaround, you can avoid this crash by not having a combat ability timer when shrouding. It is still something we need to fix.

Nov 29, 2021