Need help after /resetaa.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vallos, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Vallos New Member

Your request (1308666) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Game Master (Daybreak Games)
    Dec 2, 2023, 5:20 PM PST

Greetings,

Sadly we cannot reset player's AAs. This may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within the Test server on EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to submit a bug report at https://everquest.com/bugs, so that our team can look into the issue further. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be looked into by our team.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

How do I report a bug in EverQuest?
    Regards,

GM Spoom
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC

[EQ/EQ2] Official Forums
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php

((((Account username))))
    Dec 2, 2023, 4:28 PM PST

I used /resetaa and it totally broke my character. I cant get the autogrant AAs because i cant relog because im over the AA cap at my 23k AAs. Please Help!
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

So you kinda thought you could exploit the command to get extra AAs by banking 23k and getting back autogrant? You can't get autogrant while you are over the level * 2 AA bank cap, this is normal. Sounds like its functioning to me, spend down your AA until you are under the cap, or else camp out and lose the over cap bank.
    CatsPaws and code-zero like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

Good time to roll a new persona!

(I know, I'll have the wife slap me!)
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Vallos New Member

Wasn’t trying to exploit anything. I figured if you had 53k assigned aas then resetaa would give you 53k to spend. Not 23k.

It’s not an exploit. It’s a testing feature that isn’t working as it was originally intended. I don’t think breaking the character is what they wanted this feature to do lol
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Didnt mention 53k above. Were you looking at assigned or total spent as 53k? You would not be getting back any spent through glyphs or fireworks.

I think if you had gotten 30k through autogrant and only assigned 23k yourself, then it probably is designed to not refund autogrant.

The message about being overcap isnt breaking the character, its working as designed to try to prevent people from losing the AAs over the limit when they log out (as people used to do and petition when they lost the AA).
  6. Vallos New Member

I was at 53k and some change assigned. I appreciate your input but after talking to people on test server the feature has been not working as intended for a while at max level. It was not designed to eliminate auto grant AAs with no way of getting them back. If someone wanted to do that they could simply turn off auto grant and then reset. That’s not what wet are talking about.

I didn’t know this before using the feature obviously.

I’m interested to hear a GM comment.
  7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I did not think the "reset AA" button ever worked on live servers. Heard it did on test.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was always told the "reset AA" button didn't do anything too.

Is this something they are putting in test? Or Beta?

Don't go clicking waterfalls, baby
  9. Vallos New Member

This is for my character on the test server.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

I think I might of used it once Beta once a long time ago but that was before the FREE AA's.
  11. niente Developer

What's your character's name? PM me if you like.
  12. Vallos New Member

Character is Nathel on the test server.
  13. Lianeb Augur

I could this as working as intended honestly.
    You were auto-granted 30k AAs at some point, then you have since gained some levels and 23k more AAs. Now you want to go back and get a regrant of AAs let's say with new levels and expansions on auto-grant that would be let's say 40k and then spend your 23k in another manner that coincides with the extra auto-grant AAs.
  14. Vallos New Member

I dont think their intention was to take a character from playable to non-playable. The feature is just there for testing purposes anyway.