Higby on Deathscreen killer indication changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MasonSTL, Mar 11, 2014.

1. a4555in

Quote from the reddit:
    "We are changing this to only display locations of players who are spotted, non-spotted players will show a rough directional indicator which is consistent with the HUD damage directional indicator in terms of level of information. This should allow players who really are being surreptitious to remain so, but once they're spotted they're blown."

Why waste time coding something that is already there? You should be smart enough to note where THE BIG BLOODY RED LINES are pointing when you take damage(FPS 101). There are many glaring bugs that need fixing, yet they are wasting time coding stuff that encourages more laziness in the players.
    • Up x 4
  2. MostlyClueless

Because you can't see the direction indicator from one hit KO weapons due to being dead.
  3. Giggily

Okay, so just make it longer?
    • Up x 1
  4. LordMondando

Is there is no new information given then its completely redundant and there is no argument of it going in anyway.
    • Up x 4
  5. MostlyClueless

This'd look pretty weird, I mean you'd have to keep the player in First Person view despite being dead for around a second which is going to feel horrible when you lose control of your character for a second before you're announced dead.

I guess the death cam could show you your corpse dropping but keep facing the way you were when you died but with a direction indicator on it and ... how is that different from what they're doing now exactly?
  6. DQCraze

Sony is about making money and will continue to dumb the game down to even the playing field. Attracting new players is part of the business and creating an environment where new players can be successful is part of the deal. Veteran players are upset because that zone of easy mode is being narrowed, it is up to you to push and find new ways to get into that ez mode, this is the battle between veteran community and devs to find balance.
    • Up x 1
  7. a4555in

I may be wrong but doesn't the strength of OHK weapons lie in the fact that you kill your enemies before they have time to react?
    And you DO see the red line when OHK'ed but for a very short time(as it should be with OHK weapons).
    • Up x 3
  8. MostlyClueless

If Veterans can't think of how to abuse the Kill Cam to get more kills they're not Veterans. Use it as a lure, it tells them where you were when they died, it does not tell them where you're going to be when they come back to try kill you.
  9. MostlyClueless

Yes and people dying before they can react isn't going to change. Just now they'll have a better chance of seeing where they got their head blown off from.
  10. Phazaar

Still a ******* terrible idea. Maybe try helping the new players out during the tutorial, or say, the first 50 times you get killed by someone more than X meters away, behind you etc you get the 'killcam' moment, so people realise how the 'random deaths' occur.

SOE -need- to have a serious think about what LucasArts did to them with NGE in SWG. The number one reason new players left was that they couldn't be a Jedi from the get-go. They also addressed the numbers two, three and four reasons (complexity/learning curve, economy and perceived imbalance) in the same patch. So now all the new players had no reason to leave. What was the conclusion, SOE? Do you remember? 90% of your playerbase unsubbing overnight? And then all of those hordes of new players that were ready to make the game more successful than it ever was if only they could be a Jedi from day one, didn't have to learn anything, didn't have to fight their way into a contended economy, and didn't have to keep abreast of what builds worked and what didn't? Oh yeah. They continued to play WoW.

Good job on that.

The CoD kiddies will continue to play CoD. They are not MMO gamers, they just like cool gimics (lawl 1800 people per map FTW) and the next new twitch-fest. Even if the entire playerbase of CoD switched to Planetside 2 tomorrow, they'd only be here for two months before the next CoD comes out and they go there. They are not looking for a game to immerse themselves in, to join a community, to get involved in a constant, complex conflict. They're looking for the next game to entertain their ADHD and inferiority complexes. We don't want them here, and thus with changes like this you're in serious danger of losing your loyal playerbase in the hopes of cornering a larger chunk of a different market who will -not- support the product financially, socially or emotionally. Learn your lessons.
    • Up x 5
  11. MostlyClueless

A killcam does not make this game CoD. If they decided to turn the game into an MLG 24 vs 24 base fight and removed all vehicles, MAX's and aircraft then it'd probably be time to start accusing them of that.
  12. Samblak

PC gaming is on a downward slope , PC games these days are being designed as betas to then be ported to the consoles to make millions of dollars
    • Up x 2
  13. AgentSpades

Just leave that option for all BR20's and below.
  14. Winfield

Haha, I actually quit SWG before the jedi changes and tried it once after them and I couldn't but help but laugh at the changes they did.

I think SWG is one of the most hilariously Dev-slaughtered games in existence.. that I know of anyway :D
    • Up x 2
  15. Phazaar

I think it absolutely dominates the pyramid that starts from other hilarious game-breaking decisions, like Xsyon... A totally free loot-all PvP MMO that in no small part because of the griefing my outfit put out after pre-launch, ended up being a totally free loot-all PvP MMO with player made safe-zones, and the ability to keep your favourite items after death, as well as unbreakably locking your containers (which you could carry in lieu of a lootable inventory...) so theft couldn't occur...

I haven't checked in for a few years now, but I assume it's a pretty dead minecraft MMO now... Tragic...
  16. AltF4Fun

Of course this is on reddit.Not that they could use their own forums.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 7
  17. DQCraze

This is an urban Myth:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...ggling-pc-market-its-pc-gamers-to-the-rescue/

Over a billion high end rigs were shipped worldwide in 2013, with the introduction of 4k grapics I expect that number to grow, the consoles cant compete with that. Also Sony said the PS4 will be their last console and XBoX one sales have dropped by 26%.
    • Up x 2
  18. ComradeHavoc

nub
  19. axiom537

That is still rubbish. If you don't know what direction you got killed from that's too darn bad...

Seriously, I think I have seen like 2 or 3 people for this. Why the persistence just drop the damn change...
    • Up x 3
  20. axiom537

If this is the primary reason for implementing this horrible idea, then I have an easy fix.

Just give new players a special training implant that only lasts until they are like level 10, which gives them this sort of information. I don't think the majority of players would have an issue with allowing sub level 10 players to have this information. I know I wouldn't..
    • Up x 3