Higby on Deathscreen killer indication changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MasonSTL, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Atis

cuz gud devz gib test serverz to playerz. sony goood, yesss.

Actually, you can. You'll get infinity. Not infinity of money, like SOE hopes, though.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tuco

dividing by zero isn't infinity.

1/2 of a pie.
    1/10th of a pie
    1/NoPie isn't infinity
  3. Zcuron

4/2 of a pie means you have 2 pies.
    How many pies do you have if you have 1/0 pies?
  4. Atis

1 pie fo 2 eaters = 0.5 pie for each eater. only 0.5 pie separate each eater from being sad no-pie loser.
    1 pie for 0 eaters = nobody eats pie, pie is eternal.

If hunger and envy of happy pie owners impair your math skill try this explanation: 0 will go into 1 an infinite number of times.

Can we get back to bashing Higby?
  5. Ripshaft

Interesting logic, and it's a very good thing to think on it, but you might the mathematical perspective interesting.

Consider calculus once you get to university, you'll be dealing with infinity and 0 all day, it's good fun.
  6. Heyitsrobbie1984

in my opinion, silencers should hide tracer bullets.
    • Up x 1
  7. GunsmithJoe

Needs to be a 30 degree arc with a random centering offset and never show the exact location of the killer, even if they're spotted!
  8. eatcow0

It depends on how one travels in search of said pie as pie can be eternal, zero, or anything between.
  9. AuntLou42

This is a slight buff for new players and a huge nerf for stealth/flanking classes. This is HUGE for the infiltrator and well just pile it on to the already long list of nerfs to the light assault. The fun just got taken right out of 2 of my favorite classes. This might just be the straw that broke the camel's back for me, might take a break & maybe go try the Diablo 3 changes. Going to try some other classes maybe or just stick to the air, we'll see.
  10. Botji

Thing is with a Bolt rifle you fire once and they go down, if you are using it in semi CQC and from behind while hidden pretty much 99% of the guys you kill wont react fast enough to really notice where that one hit detector is pointing at before it goes away and the death screen comes up, meaning you are still hidden if you killed them in a place where its possible for the shot to have come from someplace else.

With this it wont be the very very rare 1% that actually notice that hey, the guy was behind me(and often this means its a very limited few places I could be for the shot not to be blocked). Now it will be 100% of the people that knows im behind them and as above, a small cone is more than enough to pretty much pin point me, as if it wasnt bad enough they know im behind them and not sniping them from the "front" lines.

Worthless change that I can only see is made for the console people that wouldnt be able to handle the gameplay not being given to them on a silver platter.
  11. KoS-1

Gaining new players or returning players that stopped playing? A big difference, the two.

From what I can tell the returning is greater than new. I would like to see a chart showing players leaving vs new players coming in.
  12. Atis

While current infil outbreak is annoying and something should be done about it, giving away snipers position is not a way to go. I'd prefer armor suit with helmet and longer range of flashlight.

My math lessons in university were long ago and I didnt use any math since exam, so cant be sure, maybe we used 0 all day. I think it was "you were told you cant divide by zero, actually u can, u'll get infinity", few months later "actually its not infinity..."But in very simple terms what I said is accurate enough and can be understood even by grade schooler.
  13. Littleman

No, my argument isn't invalid, it's assinine, just as the infiltrator's (read: in this case, YOU) wanting some method of faster climbing aka "verticality." You just explained why this can't happen yourself: It's the sole perk of the light assault.

Enjoy your invisibility AND sniper rifle. The most BS combo I could think of for an FPS honestly, but SOE nailed it, because why the hell not, right?
  14. Obstruction

99% of all snipers shoot out of the shields anyways so who cares? trololol.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Can we please change the cone from 15° to 10° + 0.2°/Player-Level, capped at 25° ? ;)
  16. Littleman

Sniping with a carbine? That's a good one. I might have dropped a few poor, dumb oblivious souls at long range with the laser gu-er... I mean the T5 AMC on occassion, but the reason they have carbines and shotguns is precisely BECAUSE they lack the same effective combat ranges every other class has access to in some form. Getting to "better" sniping nests is THE perk to having a jetpack. Just because you're a sniper (with INVISIBILITY) does not entitle you to those same sniper nests. It's called balance: a concept you clearly lack entirely.

C4 isn't a crime by the way: being dumb enough to park your $#!% under something anyone can hop off of is dumb. Many places where an LA can get C4 onto a vehicle a medic could just as well. The LA just gets MORE options because of that jetpack. Pro-tip: don't ram your tank or sunderer RIGHT UP AGAINST a building. You're just begging for it then. Keep some distance from jump points, and look around during reloads. This is C4 avoidance 101 - ergo, learn to play.

C4 and shotguns aren't a perk of the class. They're tools many classes can use that infiltrators can't for balance purposes. the jetpack is exclusive to the LA, and this gives them their verticality. Giving any other class easy access to this verticality completely defeats any reason to pull the LA, especially if you can have invisibility on top of that verticality. Additionally, your comment on C4 and shotguns being "perks" suggests you won't stop *****ing until infils can do everything. Get over it.
  17. iller

They're all things that a Light Assault CAN do. And if you're saying they're not effective, then maybe there's something you're doing wrong here because lots of other LA's have been making excellent use of it everywhere I go on my Server (as in, there was literally nothing I could do to be prepared for their surprise Perk attack there)