Rijacki's Recent Activity

1. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

Don't those adds build up over time? It would mean a strategy change to not let them build up as much instead of just keeping...

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:21 PM
  2. Rijacki liked minimind's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

Some people are so invested in their exact playstyle (or maybe they're heavily invested in a playstyle being an income generator) that...

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:26 PM
  3. Rijacki liked Taladir's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

Are you being purposely obtuse about Truebox? Yes, Truebox did not exist in 1999, but neither did playing multiple instances of...

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:24 PM
  4. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

There hasn't been anything to say you need a separate account to play on Origins only that Krono cannot be consumed, traded, or sold on...

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:23 PM
  5. Rijacki liked Bilbo Backpackens's post in the thread General Chat Full.

A lot of people use it. Would be a shame to get rid of it because people who can just not use them want them gone. There was spam before...

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:00 PM
  6. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread General Chat Full.

The problem is EQ like most MMO are very political when it comes to things that go on. So if you blocked by IP that means you could...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  7. Rijacki liked Yinla's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

It is neither bear or bird it is a magical creature, much the same as Griffins, Chimera are neither. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owlbear

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:46 AM
  8. Rijacki liked Kahlev Al-Calen's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

Platypuses do too, so there is that.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:45 AM
  9. Rijacki replied to the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

One of the forages in original Luclin zones is an owlbear egg. I forget if there are quests relating to owlbear eggs in EQ but there is...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:44 AM
  10. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

You did not read (twice) what I said about cross-server trading or maybe you don't understand that implies a requirement to log into a...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:10 AM
  11. Rijacki liked Vlahkmaak's post in the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

I played beta and EQ2 through SF. I enjoyed it and still played EQ too. Crafting in EQ2 is a much better system than EQ1 imo. It is...

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:06 AM
  12. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

At launch you still had to go get your stuff, if I recall, but you were a 'ghost' that couldn't be attacked unless you attacked...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:50 AM
  13. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Yes, just as there were 'cross server' trades possible in 1999, 2004, and 2006. I actually mentioned that specifically if you had read...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:43 AM
  14. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

I don't recall specifically, but those might have been eliminated by 2006. At EQ2 launch in 2004 there were corpse runs but they were...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:35 AM
  15. Rijacki replied to the thread Gearing up an old level 60.

Don't try pulling a whole zone or even more than a couple and you should be fine. I know this sounds odd, but let your healing merc...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:19 AM
  16. Rijacki replied to the thread Gearing up an old level 60.

Old accounts might also have several /claim waiting. Some of the claim items you might have could help you out now or later. You may have...

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:14 AM
  17. Rijacki replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

The announcement specifies "Krono will not be able to be consumed, traded, or sold on an Origins server". This likely means you won't...

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:08 AM
  18. Rijacki liked auto21's post in the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

It's wasn't supposed to be a duplicate of "EQ", rather an evolution and there definitely were improvements e.g. graphics. They also...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:51 AM
  19. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

While nice in theory, limiting agro to X number of mobs would still be memory intensive. You would need to check the agro of every mob...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:07 AM
  20. Rijacki liked Kaenneth's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

That would both be incredibly exploitable, and really taxing on the servers. Each mob having to count how many other mobs have aggro...

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:07 AM
  21. Rijacki replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Not just 1 zone there are other No Trade items in Kunark as they are on TLPs. But, even if No Trade was originally only added starting...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:56 AM
  22. Rijacki replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

That doesn't change the fact they're the best way to get AA from Overseer which is all that I was remarking on.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:45 AM
  23. Rijacki replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

The best way to get AA from Overseer is via collections. You get more AA per collection the higher your level when you finish the...

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:42 AM
  24. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

It depends never try to get aa from overseer. It is broken and doesn't give good aa exp. Always do 100% normal exp and it will give...

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:40 AM
  25. Rijacki liked Vumad's post in the thread What to do at level 100?.

This is the item I was talking about. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100107 This item is still valuable today,...

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:10 AM
  26. Rijacki liked Angeliana's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

Hello everyone! The original post has been changed to reflect a mistake in the dates. The Rathe Day event began on April 15th at midnight...

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:01 AM
  27. Rijacki liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

Owlbears, canonically, lay eggs. So... do with that information what you wish.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:00 AM
  28. Rijacki liked Kahlev Al-Calen's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

Yeah, uh... ... A wizard did it (tm) (which would absolutely make sense, a wizard teleporting random stuff around because he was...

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:59 AM
  29. Rijacki liked Laberintica77's post in the thread Devs, could we consider some options for Teek bonuses?.

You already have all the mischief bonuses, why is faster leveling even needed ? so you can further speed up your Krono farming empire?...

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:35 AM
  30. Rijacki liked Ddezul's post in the thread Devs, could we consider some options for Teek bonuses?.

Why does Teek need bonuses?? it's already the bestest server everforever!!!!11!!!eleven!!!!11!!

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:33 AM
  31. Rijacki replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Those aren't TS quests which is why I specifically noted 'quests' vs other created items.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  32. Rijacki replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Achievement for all Collections generally have a bag-like reward. Max size available for that expansion, I think. Some Collections of...

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:50 AM
  33. Rijacki liked Intercept's post in the thread MoTM removed from AOC encounters on Teek.

Would just make the botting even worse than it already is imo

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:37 AM
  34. Rijacki replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Epics were introduced with Kunark. There are No Trade items in Kunark and not just Epic related items.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:14 AM
  35. Rijacki liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

You're the same guy who at work said "Why is there maternity leave, I never get pregnant." aren't you? I know it's hard to believe,...

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  36. Rijacki liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

And yet all the bazaars on other servers are doing great.... strange.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  37. Rijacki liked Cairbrae's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Update and progress: The April patch helped us isolate and reproduce the issue. We're working on it. Thanks for all the feedback and pretty...

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:09 PM
  38. Rijacki liked Drakang's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Its a free Acid trip...wow man.

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:08 PM
  39. Rijacki liked Angeliana's post in the thread Introducing Rathe Day!.

[IMG] Norrath’s version of Earth Day. Rathe Day is dedicated to the conservation of flora and fauna all over Norrath. It’s no secret that...

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:03 PM
  40. Rijacki liked Magneress's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

Not *EVERYONE* butt ya I've missed the boat on all 15 TLPs at launch. Tormax sounds cool and I like it. Oakwynd is great, butt not...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:57 PM
  41. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Is it? TLP is about as original as Larions song is. TLPs are a disney land ride through the past. If people care about the original...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:49 PM
  42. Rijacki replied to the thread Everquest Lore Website.

Thank you for keeping the lights on for the lore library.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:48 PM
  43. Rijacki liked hotspur95's post in the thread Everquest Lore Website.

Hi all! I've been doing an EQ Lore website for about 20 years now (!). It's all taken from offical sources, from the various official...

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:47 PM
  44. Rijacki liked Anguisette's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

There are a lot of us here who are developers of some sort, and we may have differing opinions. I would much rather developer time...

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:29 PM
  45. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Umm what? Last I checked the bazaar on bertox was functioning perfectly fine - on a server with no drop items. You might not be aware,...

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:28 PM
  46. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

What the original devs intended a quarter century ago is meaningless, that was 25 years ago. The spirit of eq is what players today...

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM
  47. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

This would be actievely bad for FV. That giant permanant exp bonus? You'll get hoards of accounts being transfered there to PL toons and...

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM
  48. Rijacki replied to the thread Unholy Final Task.

He should have given you a tome or something that's actually a container. You need to put the pages into that and combine to make a single...

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:35 AM
  49. Rijacki replied to the thread getting back into tradeskills.

On TLPs, selling certain tradeskill mats is one way to generate plat. However, they're likely the same mats you want for your own...

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  50. Rijacki liked Bilderov's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

1. There are many reasons why people move to boxing - to suggest it is just one is plain wrong. Personally, I switched to boxing...

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:24 AM
  51. Rijacki liked Anguisette's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Or, hear me out...the developers can develop the game and not stop to have conversations to explain what they are doing or how they are...

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:19 AM
  52. Rijacki liked Intercept's post in the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

Tormax will be fine, in fact it will likely be less stressful than having to deal with the people who seem to be flocking on Teek

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:45 PM
  53. Rijacki liked Basak's post in the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

I know about 2 more guilds starting on Tormax that are not advertising here or in discord. I do realize that if they did advertise here...

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:43 PM
  54. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Some of are also introverts that have social anxiety grouping with strangers, but we should be able to play the game as we choose and...

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:36 PM
  55. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

In my experience, the majority of boxers will drop their box(es) to play with other players. They would much rather be playing with...

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:12 PM
  56. Rijacki liked Crimson Violet's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

I understand benefits on Free-trade. I just do not like it. Why you trying to convince me to play free-trade?

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:59 PM
  57. Rijacki liked IheartEQ's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

A smaller population just means that you get to know everyone better. :D

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:46 PM
  58. Rijacki liked Larsen's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

The difference is that Oakwynd had a ruleset that some players were actively against. Tormax is just a vanilla server. We saw as...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:43 PM
  59. Rijacki liked Magneress's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

I only hear good things about Oakwynd from the ppl actually playing there. Not only that PoK had a big healthy population when I checked in...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:40 PM
  60. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

Your putting WAY to much stock in whats on the forums, not only is it a small subset of people, but most of the long tlp posts end up...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:40 PM
  61. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Is anyone gonna play tormax?.

bet theres gonna be more on tormax than everyone is saying

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:39 PM
  62. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

I know boxers who are in 100+ active member guilds with whom they are social. They also group with guild members. They box when they...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:39 PM
  63. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

There are reasons to not like LDON besides boxing (which people can do easily enough in the expansion) as it is just repeating the same...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:36 PM
  64. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Yet those players are able to box existing missions and group content just fine and can even do it better then random pickup groups....

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:35 PM
  65. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Going after the most rewarding content doesn't mean that they are going to stop boxing or invite random people to their groups. People...

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:34 PM
  66. Rijacki replied to the thread Heroic Character question.

Instead of deleting, try logging out then logging back in first. Sometimes things will resolve themselves that way.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:22 AM
  67. Rijacki replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Each time I "show ignored content", I am reminded why I ignored them. But there are times when curiosity is just too much.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:17 AM
  68. Rijacki liked Scila's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Sometimes in the early morning hours, I sit with the first cup of coffee and read thru posts and just think how some have no idea about the...

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:16 AM
  69. Rijacki liked Fleiss's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

No requirement to unattune to change weapons. Your damage output is the same as it was pre patch. Gear changes happen often. What you...

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  70. Rijacki liked Gialana's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

This is from the AMA, though it was released only a little over a month ago: Q: Is there any plan to retroactively update the weapon...

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  71. Rijacki replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Back in the days long before All Access and free to play, there was a prestige server (Stormhammer?) that had an extra cost on top of the...

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:32 AM
  72. Rijacki liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

To transfer off FV make a toon with the same name on the server you want to go to then level it up. And voila its just like you...

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:27 AM
  73. Rijacki liked Candystore's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

You 2 need to get your eyes checked. Seriously. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:03 PM
  74. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

That they finally got around to adjusting the ratios of the weapons now that they had time to implement the changes from the fix put in...

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:23 PM
  75. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

I would like the chance to go back and dislike some of my own posts.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:21 PM
  76. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

I am sure the RMT crowd would love that ability as a way to sell high end raid gear to a larger crowd.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:19 PM
  77. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread Evercraked - EQ documentary.

Absolutely wonderful.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:12 PM
  78. Rijacki liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Evercraked - EQ documentary.

I've got the book. It's cool. Recommended if you can find it.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:14 PM
  79. Rijacki posted a new thread.

Evercraked - EQ documentary

There was a 'documentary' made for the 10th Anniversary. If you haven't ever seen it, you might be amused. [media] There was also a book...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:01 AM
  80. Rijacki liked Intercept's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

I'll be on Tormax and I'm not worried about having people to play with as it'ss as close to the classic experience of this 25 year old...

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:16 AM
  81. Rijacki liked Celatusp99's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

I don't think the doom and gloom is warranted. I think some people did not get what they wanted and Teek is too popular to change so they...

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  82. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

It was a fun idea, but it was just under the table pvp, and ALL open world pvp is greifing.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:19 PM
  83. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

I'm already angry. I paid dearly for a Silvery War Axe in 2000. Cost me most of the plat. I had then. Seriously, In November better...

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:18 PM
  84. Rijacki liked Angahran's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

If you want to spend krono on buying these weapons that's on you.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:18 PM
  85. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

Or better yet, you emerge victorious, caked in the blood of ogres and elves. You can take over as the new clan cheiftan. You remember...

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:24 PM
  86. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

But, that is exactly what LDoN and HAs are, there were just more 'mission' locations and, for LDoN, more variations in each location....

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:20 AM
  87. Rijacki liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

All you have to do is play beyond the first 4 expansions and I'm sure you'll be playing something new. It's always amused when people...

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:32 AM
  88. Rijacki liked Fanra's post in the thread Rathe Day Calendar Mistake?.

I'm always in favor of more content. Also, some of us have done all the anniversary content, often when each one came out each year. Of...

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:23 AM
  89. Rijacki liked Bilderov's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Whilst I would love to see additional content in this game that isn't just do mission x over and over, I did read what the developers said...

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:18 AM
  90. Rijacki liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Question on: A Goblet of Adventure II (One per account; available until April 20, 2024....

No but you only get the highest %.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  91. Rijacki liked Razorfall's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

There is an unspoken rule in EQ: always be a pack rat

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:09 AM
  92. Rijacki liked Kyzvs's post in the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

As a mage old enough to remember rains being nerfed to 4 hits, I don't have a massive amount of sympathy at 30 - seems fine to me.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:07 AM
  93. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Since it was expressly mentioned, I suspect it's the leaderboard they want, too. Personally, I loathe leaderboards because they're...

Apr 18, 2024
  94. Rijacki liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

Thanks for going back and fixing ratios. Much appreciated!

Apr 18, 2024
  95. Rijacki replied to the thread Question on: A Goblet of Adventure II (One per account; available until April 20, 2024....

I still have my goblets from 22nd anniversary and expansions in my claims. I forget if it was available for me to claim when I was on...

Apr 18, 2024
  96. Rijacki liked manglered's post in the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

was announced months ago that weapons would be getting upgraded, this sounds like a you problem.

Apr 18, 2024
  97. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Sounded more like if they wanted to make a new version for levels 100-125 they would need to create 6 different versions of everything...

Apr 18, 2024
  98. Rijacki liked Cairbrae's post in the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

We think it's fixed on the Test server as of April 9th. Live servers will be updated on April 17th.

Apr 18, 2024
  99. Rijacki liked SnapVine's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

FTE wasn't bad. It worked well. A lot of people liked it

Apr 18, 2024
  100. Rijacki liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Recurring guilds are ofttimes the most toxic, self-centered, and egotistic guilds in the game.

Apr 18, 2024
  101. Rijacki liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

I don't see how FTE matters for top end guilds seeing how all content on live is already instanced.

Apr 18, 2024
  102. Rijacki replied to the thread Persona's.

Based on other feature unlocks added with an expansion: When the next expansion is released (mid-Dec), the persona feature will be...

Apr 18, 2024
  103. Rijacki liked Arclyte's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Yes, they did. Bards can't swarm kite on TLPs and I assume on live. Mobs don't take bard dot damage while moving

Apr 18, 2024
  104. Rijacki liked Twizle's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

aoe'ing zones as a bard was apart of its class, doesnt mean it didnt need changing

Apr 18, 2024
  105. Rijacki liked Arclyte's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

I've played a lot of MMOs, and every time someone found a way to AOE a huge number of mobs, it was nerfed. You can be upset that they...

Apr 18, 2024
  106. Rijacki liked Lubianx's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

I think he missed a 4 there (4 x 15 minutes)

Apr 18, 2024
  107. Rijacki liked FYAD's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

LDONs are just HAs. So yeah, they probably should bring back more HA options in future expansions.

Apr 18, 2024
  108. Rijacki replied to the thread Molo ?.

Peeps and toons are the ones I dislike. Alpha for the "namer" makes considerably more sense.

Apr 18, 2024
  109. Rijacki liked jeskola's post in the thread favorite race.

Erudite cause they are one of the least commonly played

Apr 17, 2024
  110. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Click Item Problem.

As a bard I love the ability to click items without breaking melo, this is really what makes a bard a special class since we can...

Apr 17, 2024
  111. Rijacki replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Just don't let the magic smoke out and you'll be fine.

Apr 17, 2024
  112. Rijacki liked Fanra's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

According to Wikipedia, he began his career in the TV movie "Max Headroom: 20 Minutes into the Future", his cyberpunk origin story. Two...

Apr 17, 2024
  113. Rijacki liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It's like if you have errands to run after work, it's best to NOT sit down in a comfy chair, or they'll never get done :D

Apr 17, 2024
  114. Rijacki replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

That would be great for those who can only play on the weekends....

Apr 17, 2024
  115. Rijacki liked Cicelee's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

As someone born in the early 70s, I should have remembered MTV started in 1981. Video Killed the Radio Star. Bonus points if you knew...

Apr 17, 2024
  116. Rijacki liked Fanra's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The Buggles. I like that song.

Apr 17, 2024
  117. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

And made millions off simple lyrics and repetitive rhythms. Simple sells and they were great fun to hear and to dance to. I used to...

Apr 17, 2024
  118. Rijacki liked Jack's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

MTV debuted just after midnight on August 1, 1981. I don't know how the music videos were used before MTV and Video Concert Hall...

Apr 17, 2024
  119. Rijacki replied to the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

When I returned after being away for many years, I was amused by what used to be 'good stuff' and how it utterly pales to Defiant....

Apr 17, 2024
  120. Rijacki liked fransisco's post in the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

electrum bladed wakazashi! Used to be the best ranger weapon for that level range, though defiant puts it to shame now

Apr 17, 2024
  121. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread Molo ?.

How about MeSo? Lots of ways to end that. :)

Apr 17, 2024
  122. Rijacki liked CatsPaws's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

As mentioned this has been brought up before and there are many posts for and against but bottom line is: Quote Absor: Unfortunately,...

Apr 17, 2024
  123. Rijacki replied to the thread Molo ?.

Merc + Solo = Molo

Apr 17, 2024
  124. Rijacki liked RainBright's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

All yall trying to convince them to do it late in the night clearly haven't seen Chernobyl. You do NOT do the critical testing and...

Apr 17, 2024
  125. Rijacki liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024
  126. Rijacki liked Smokezz's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

You're the one acting all knowing LOL. You're saying "everyone feels this way", as is the OP. You're speaking for "everyone". You're...

Apr 17, 2024
  127. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

It is sad I still wear a robe I think it came from HoT expansion on my level 105 persona atm because I wanted a robe on my toon even...

Apr 17, 2024
  128. Rijacki replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Whose night? or maybe you don't understand time zones with a global game.

Apr 17, 2024
  129. Rijacki liked Fanra's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

https://xkcd.com/303/ [IMG]

Apr 17, 2024
  130. Rijacki liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Actually, our Ops team is pretty upbeat and on it during update mornings :)

Apr 17, 2024
  131. Rijacki replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

It is also possible that they schedule other maintenance during the patch, especially when they have a longer downtime. They might be...

Apr 17, 2024
  132. Rijacki liked Nebulism's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Note: I'm not a dev for this game, but experienced in other industries. The actual deployment of the next iteration of the code is likely...

Apr 17, 2024
  133. Rijacki liked Raccoo's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Replacing the hamsters.

Apr 17, 2024
  134. Rijacki liked Flatchy's post in the thread What server can handle the free 100lvl Epic char?.

Stupid question here so I will apologize in advance. Why would you go to a TLP server and want to jump right to level 100? I thought the...

Apr 17, 2024
  135. Rijacki liked Barton-Vox's post in the thread What server can handle the free 100lvl Epic char?.

live servers and TLP's that have unlocked Torment of Velious Q: What expansion is needed to unlock the new Level 100 Heroic Characters? A:...

Apr 17, 2024
  136. Rijacki liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Persona Exp bonus for overseer?.

I was mainly referring to people struggling to gain XP. You've re-scoped the conversation to include any complaint. :D Obviously...

Apr 17, 2024
  137. Rijacki replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

or just matching hats?

Apr 17, 2024
  138. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

But what if they all have matching shirts, a four letter acronym, and yell REAL loud?

Apr 17, 2024
  139. Rijacki replied to the thread I'd love....

This one is easy. Create a camp macro that has /output inventory as the top line. That will make a text file of the character's bank and...

Apr 17, 2024
  140. Rijacki liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Alexa: "You're in Mississippi, would you like to update your location?" Chatbotgpt: "You're experiencing the third state of grief known...

Apr 17, 2024
  141. Rijacki liked Tachyon's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

i play may many games, develop a few... you be wrong

Apr 17, 2024
  142. Rijacki liked CatsPaws's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

The dev's have repeated numerous times in the past when this has been brought up that LDON were a hot mess and there is no way to replicate...

Apr 17, 2024
  143. Rijacki liked Hekaton's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

yes threats will give you the expansion you desire

Apr 17, 2024
  144. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

As if I have any good forum etiquette!

Apr 16, 2024
  145. Rijacki liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Also it's considered ForumQuest good form to use Ellipses (...) when you edit a quote in your reply. ;)

Apr 16, 2024
  146. Rijacki replied to the thread Bard: Aura of "_" vs. Echo of "_".

If you're using the mana/healing aura and are the puller with everyone else staying in one spot, you can use the echo and it will stay...

Apr 16, 2024
  147. Rijacki liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I largely agree with you. But each companies usage will be tailored to it's particular needs. With the commonality being, the...

Apr 16, 2024
  148. Rijacki replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

That is the best use of it. However, the jaded skeptic in me thinks Magnus might be more correct in that the pencil pushers, who do not...

Apr 16, 2024
  149. Rijacki liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

It's a super interesting topic if you're actually familiar with what 'AI' currently IS and IS NOT. -It's not actually intelligence, but...

Apr 16, 2024
  150. Rijacki replied to the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I was away from EQ when Hero's Forge was first added, but I was playing EQ2 when the armor appearance tab was added. I suspect there...

Apr 16, 2024
  151. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

How about we remove all restrictions for ornamentations? Isn't that the point is to make an item look different? Why can't I put a robe...

Apr 16, 2024
  152. Rijacki liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

That would be a good simplified version. To go one step further, without being too technical, but more accurate. Weapons and...

Apr 16, 2024
  153. Rijacki liked Kyzvs's post in the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

I always did it manually - I copied the ini files to/from a NAS I have here. You could set up a Scheduled Task to copy them over for you...

Apr 16, 2024
  154. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I have a feeling when this AI Superlord starts trying to export characters into the EQ1 engine most of it's responses will be >Wait...What?

Apr 16, 2024
  155. Rijacki liked Muramx's post in the thread Lifetime subscription.

Never sadly. SoE did it just before they sold the game to DB. They did it when they were doing everything they could to find EQ next. Once...

Apr 15, 2024
  156. Rijacki liked Numiko's post in the thread Lifetime subscription.

Doubt we will ever see it again, like the recruit a friend bonuses those were offered when EQ was owned by someone else. I'd bet the...

Apr 15, 2024
  157. Rijacki liked Svann2's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

No. AI is best used for entertainment, not coding.

Apr 15, 2024
  158. Rijacki replied to the thread I'd love....

Yes, and they could make all of them DB. They could even have expansions purchased via DB Marketplace vs website as well if they really...

Apr 15, 2024
  159. Rijacki replied to the thread Molo ?.

You can unlock additional merc slots. You can buy slots from the DB Marketplace or by doing some quests. You can only have one merc out at...

Apr 15, 2024
  160. Rijacki replied to the thread Level 25 ranger weapons.

If you're on Live or a TLP that's post Serpents Spine (up to Intricate) and Secrets of Faydwer (all the rest), Defiant is generally the...

Apr 15, 2024
  161. Rijacki replied to the thread I'd love....

The bags bought with DB are not claim items. I don't know about the other ones, but they could change those to DB Marketplace if they...

Apr 15, 2024
  162. Rijacki liked KarmaKitty's post in the thread I'd love....

Given the count is less than 999 and generally less than the character limit per server, they do want to limit things. You have a better...

Apr 15, 2024
  163. Rijacki liked jeskola's post in the thread I'd love....

I'd love complete thread titles instead of clickbait

Apr 15, 2024
  164. Rijacki replied to the thread Molo ?.

Melee DPS = rogue Caster DPS = wizard Tank = warrior Healer = cleric But for all 4, even journeyman, they're a revision of those...

Apr 14, 2024
  165. Rijacki liked Fizon's post in the thread No FTE so top end guilds can DPS race?.

Do we reeeaalllyy need another thread on this????

Apr 14, 2024
  166. Rijacki liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

This is a pretty bleak outlook. Just because DPG isn't steering the ship in the direction you want doesn't mean they are ignorant....

Apr 14, 2024
  167. Rijacki liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Everquest is pretty much unchanged towards boxers - been boxing EQ since 2003.

Apr 13, 2024
  168. Rijacki liked Nennius's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

It is fun :confused: to imagine the results of a complete replacement of the game engine that drives EQ. I can envision a large ship...

Apr 13, 2024
  169. Rijacki replied to the thread Please go back to the roots of EQ's gameplay loop.

I agree, it is absolutely impossible to capture that wonder of a new adventure in a game you've been playing in zones you've already...

Apr 12, 2024
  170. Rijacki liked Cicelee's post in the thread Please go back to the roots of EQ's gameplay loop.

Original EQ also did not have EQ Resource, or Alla, or raidloot.com, or allowed players 2-3 months to test out all the expansion content...

Apr 12, 2024
  171. Rijacki liked KarmaKitty's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I can't say that last D&D movie was great, but I have seen worse. Including the previous D&D movies :(

Apr 12, 2024
  172. Rijacki liked Andarriel's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

When was the last time you heard someone say that D&D movie was great!

Apr 12, 2024
  173. Rijacki replied to the thread What to do at level 100?.

In EQ, the equivalent to the Signature quest line is the Progression achievements which include the Partisan (usually story-based),...

Apr 12, 2024
  174. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Please go back to the roots of EQ's gameplay loop.

Keeping multiple sets of gear so that you have the ability to retrieve your gear is not an enjoyable experience, just as getting...

Apr 12, 2024
  175. Rijacki replied to the thread Bonus EXP Stomples weekend?.

I suspect we didn't get a Stomples XP bonus because of the proximity of Easter to the XP bonus we got at the start of the annual...

Apr 12, 2024
  176. Rijacki liked Riou's post in the thread Bonus EXP Stomples weekend?.

Doesn't seem like it since Easter was 2 weeks ago with nothing

Apr 12, 2024
  177. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

That I'm not sure about but I would assume you are correct.

Apr 12, 2024
  178. Rijacki replied to the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I do software testing on routers for a living. The misspelling of variables and text in UIs is bread and butter for us to find. The bad...

Apr 12, 2024
  179. Rijacki liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

You sure you want magazine Ad like this one from 2001/2002 or so? :p Guildmate posted this a bit ago in our Discord ! Check out the tag...

Apr 12, 2024
  180. Rijacki liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Forget getting the name wrong. Stop watching movies at 3 AM! :-P

Apr 12, 2024
  181. Rijacki liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

Proof I am a dev? lol you should see some of the millions of lines of code I have seen with tons of misspelled variable names....

Apr 12, 2024
  182. Rijacki replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

On the topic of lighting: With Muada's Vah Shir Chain onaments (Vah HA), I have noticed there are vastly different lighting in...

Apr 12, 2024
  183. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Unreal is great for a lot of things. I always drop new characters in it and our stuff looks great in Unreal. I actually like the character...

Apr 12, 2024
  184. Rijacki liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

If you can't spot the difference in your strawman there's no point in arguing with you. Players are using the mechanics of the game, just...

Apr 11, 2024
  185. Rijacki replied to the thread Click Item Problem.

As one who mains a bard and has clickies, I haven't seen this issue except when using one of the one-time clickies (usually accidentally)...

Apr 11, 2024
  186. Rijacki liked Smokezz's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

NPC's with the wrong number of fingers for all!

Apr 11, 2024
  187. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

I'm sure it will help in the near future and be a tool for artists to use, but it's not there yet.

Apr 11, 2024
  188. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread I know one way EverQuest can regain its status as a Franchise.

I'd be terrified it would show up on the USA Channel every night at 3 am right after that Ray Liotta movie No Way Out!

Apr 11, 2024
  189. Rijacki liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

It's a very cool demo but running a character around an Unreal environment and making a fully working game are two different stories.

Apr 11, 2024
  190. Rijacki liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

And adding a license that costs 5% of Everquest's revenue could cause the game to lose enough profitability to cause it to be shutdown....

Apr 11, 2024
  191. Rijacki replied to the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Some also buy spells/songs/tomes for their next level(s) if they're going to be going out to a remote spot and/or are close to a ding.

Apr 11, 2024
  192. Rijacki liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

Angeliana is not a dev but is the Senior Community Manager and as such has the responsibility to monitor all posts. Any interaction...

Apr 11, 2024
  193. Rijacki liked Bernel's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

It was just a guess on my part. I was thinking it's more for the expansion which is not a level increase, like NoS after ToL. Both...

Apr 11, 2024
  194. Rijacki liked Bobokin's post in the thread Why can't spells be sold back to the vendor?.

The game doesn't check until the spell is scribed. If you purchase a spell and it lands in a bag you didn't know had an open spot, you...

Apr 11, 2024