I'd love...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shay, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Shay Apprentice

to be able to put /claim items back into Claim.
    My old chanter is on a server that pretty much died.
    I started over on a TLP, but I mourn the loss of some illusions / mounts I claimed on her, which now just rot away on that char.
    Since I can't character move her to a TLP... well. It would be great to be able to shove a /claim item back in there, to get it on the server I actually now play on.
    It's not like you can sell the stuff, after all.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This would be good, I have a couple of things I've claimed perviously which would be of more use on another server.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

That would be nice! People do change their minds time to time, or in my case you have an account that your wife used to play and she made choices you regret. ;)
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or, just make every claim item quantity 999 and you'll never have to worry about it again.
    Flatchy, Tyranthraxus, FYAD and 2 others like this.
  5. Cuzon Elder

I dont understand why it isnt this way already.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Fenthen like this.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

Maybe they allow it to be parceled to another server character on same account in some way.
    They can make it lore and heirloom, so it can be passed around on the server where it was claimed.
    At least via the shared bank. May require another flag.
  7. KarmaKitty Augur

Given the count is less than 999 and generally less than the character limit per server, they do want to limit things. You have a better chance of having them return a character's claim items to /claim when you delete a character. As you have generally paid extra for them, it sounds like a reasonable request.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

I'd love complete thread titles instead of clickbait
    Conq, FYAD, Kaenneth and 4 others like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like a way to end the sales of a bunch of items that are designed to be sold every year such as new bag sales for each TLP server. Means you could just reuse the same bags on every new TLP you move to.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The bags bought with DB are not claim items. I don't know about the other ones, but they could change those to DB Marketplace if they wanted them to be only for each TLP.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are plenty of bags that are gotten through the claim system that would impact bag sales.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yes, and they could make all of them DB. They could even have expansions purchased via DB Marketplace vs website as well if they really wanted to take items out of claim.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Kind of hard to do that when you purchase the expansion and rewards well before the expansion is available.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd be happy with a Reclamation Item which put /claimed items back into /claim. Price it 500 DBC. Profit.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

I am guessing that people do this (myself included , time to time) so they can readily find their threads?
    I never knew how bad it must annoy some people as this is the second post today about that very thing. I guess I have never given it a second thought because I go through every new post. You never know when an entertaining thread will come along.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Shay Apprentice

Grumpy much?

Another thing I'd love to see is a search across all characters on the same server per account.
    Sometimes I drop stuff on an alt, and then have to go into every char to find what I'm looking for.
    A "Item X is on X Char" would help SOOO much. (Especially for TS stuff)
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

This one is easy. Create a camp macro that has /output inventory as the top line. That will make a text file of the character's bank and personal inventory. Unless they're in the bank with the Dragon's Hoarde and/or Tradeskill Depot open, it won't include those two. There are additional and separate /output for real estate and guild bank contents you could use as well.
    Nennius likes this.