Weapon ornamentation request again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Bobokin Augur

Daybreak did a keyring for armor, and they messed it up. Why would anyone believe they would get a weapons wardrobe right?
  2. JetZeppelin2h Augur

How about we remove all restrictions for ornamentations? Isn't that the point is to make an item look different? Why can't I put a robe ornamentation on my plate BP?
    Rijacki and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

We begged many times while Player Studio was open, but no.

You can still (I think)
    -Put on robe (or whatever) look you want
    -cast Illusion on yourself
    -Put on Stat armor
    -Drop illusion
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I was away from EQ when Hero's Forge was first added, but I was playing EQ2 when the armor appearance tab was added. I suspect there were similar arguments made here as there. There was a very outspoken portion of the player base and upper development staff that were aghast at the idea a warrior wouldn't be immediately identifiable as a melee fighter by wearing a robe and that wizards shouldn't be able to wear metal armor and still be able to cast spells.

Personally, I think appearance armor (i.e. ornaments) should be useable with any armor type. I also think the Hero's Forge should be an account wide unlock (it's FAR too expensive to be single character). I know I would be a lot more likely to purchase HA pieces from the Marketplace if the unlock was account wide -and- the armor types were not restricted. The most variety for HA on Marketplace is in robes but only cloth or leather wearers can use them. That cuts out a considerable number of characters to have appearance 'clothing'.

I was glad when (most) weapon ornaments were changed to be 1h, 2h, ranged, or shield vs the weapon multiple weapon types.
    Bobokin and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. NatazzEvoli Elder

Potential DB response: "Great idea, but we will not be doing this."
  6. Bobokin Augur

I don't think all ornaments should be for all classes, but many of them should.

Rangers in leather mixed with little chain and plate, or warriors with a nice (non EQ BDSM) leather hood would be great.
  7. JetZeppelin2h Augur

It is sad I still wear a robe I think it came from HoT expansion on my level 105 persona atm because I wanted a robe on my toon even though they are a chain class. So why is there a robe drop that is all/all but no ornamentations that work. One of those things we don't think plate classes should wear robes and cloth classes shouldn't be able to wear plate but yet there are items in the game you can wear if you are fine with sacrificing the stats for one of your items.
    Rijacki likes this.