Red Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Connor Kent, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Bandee0817 New Player

just like the green and yellow rings, red also will be the same story, in my opinion. if anyone seen the dc universe online comics, what is connecting the story with the cinematic movie and the whole game, you can see, the rings are not "born" by exobytes, future lex luthor became a green lantern for a short time and he got rings from the guardinas, which are free-to-use to people, so not the ring chosen its host, heroes/villains jst gave them o people to became green/yellow lantern. i think red lanterns will also have a same story, maybe atrocitus bring red lantern ring from the future or at the present and spread that to give thoose rings to people to use their rage to fight with that power against a more bigger enemy, dunno, this is just speculation. but if you wanna know the story, you have to know, the rings are not exobyted. just read the comic, and i guarantee, you will be surprised, what things happened and you will have more meaning of the cinematic :)
  2. QuaTumTroLL Well-Known Player

Well they are bringing all the other dlc stories back so you can't be mad at them since the first DLC was light based..so next thing you gnna be mad about amazonian dlc part two? theres always someone whos not happy..devs cant keep everyone happy all the time.
  3. EPICQ New Player

What the...???? why people keep repeating that same line??? LOOK! we are getting all of the Lanterns, deal with it. If we had enough Lantern content the Dev's would build on something else. Stop this mess, you know darn well that the content we have for the lantern is unfinished, have a nice day.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Seriously... did none, NONE of you noticed that the comment you are quoting is from at least 3 MONTHS AGO, way before the DLC was announced and even before Sons Of Trigon came around??? o_O
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

correction , we will see All of the lanterns probobly at some point. but for players... we will only get Green Yellow. red,,,,,, and the healer lanterns, heroes blue. villians.. star saphire or indigo, im guessing it will be indigo they seem more evil and no offense but i wouldnt wanto be a star saphire if i was making a villain lantern healer as a man, so most likely theyl be indigo healers. sooo to sum it up... Blue and indigo as healers. by the time DLC 3 of lanterns comes out. and the rest will only be NPCs. we will never have Black lanterns. white lanterns. orange lanterns. as players.... but theyl impliment them really cool. like a blackest night raid... with the Black and white lantern wars.... they just couldnt have them as players cause Death is not teen friendly for a powerset, being, we dont die in this game. and white lanterns were temporary . and larvleeze is the only orange lantern. the rest of the orange lantern corp are contruct lanterns controlled by him, and star saphires. we will see as npcs.,
  6. QuaTumTroLL Well-Known Player

What're you talking about?? that commentsays we have enough lantern content sois definitely talking aboutDLC9.
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I wonder - will they rename power, that currently named "Light" to "Will" & "Fear" for heroes & villains respectively? Because Red Lantern powers included in group "Light" too!
  8. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

OP, for what you generally putted that idea for DEVS??? If not you will be not this:
    [IMG]
    & this:
    [IMG]
    If not you was ATOMIC instead. &
  9. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Holy...
    Well, I'm sold!
    EDIT: Looks a bit fishy, it seems like a recolored drop from above thing
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

WHAT Is this ... is this real.... or a photoshop?
  11. Balkan New Player

Check it out new power rage

thx to the dcuo forum members =)
    • Like x 1
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

they need to just announce it officially
  13. CntBeSrs New Player

sorry but Villains on the USPC side need some population loving, and having Red as Villain would prob help boost it!
    • Like x 1
  14. Bandee0817 New Player

heroes will also have rage, not just villains :)
  15. MugenM422 New Player

does this mean we'll get soda powers too?

making them into consumables makes more sense, damage = rage, hope=power, love=love/maybe entrap?

this doesnt mean we're getting a full on power though, does it?
  16. Bandee0817 New Player

you can seen that at healing powers also have the immunity against rage power too (as tank power) and you can see channeled hate and ruthless shield at tac.mods. and this consumable make plasmic burn or bleeding or etc, so that is a power interaction with other powers (like increased damage whats have plasmic burn).
    dont understand why everyone believes that will be no new power. just follow the method what soe does. 3 dlc with new power, 3 dlc without new power. now this will be the 3.rd dlc with new power, then the next one will comes without new power. i think this makes sence. and dont be jelaous because now a new tank power comes and not another troll or healer? maybe this will push up the tank players to come back :)
  17. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

When i liked that, i didn't expect it goes SO FAR!!! Wear off a like!
  18. MugenM422 New Player

No problem with another tank power coming out, it's their turn isn't it. I've just been fighting Red Lantern powers but looking at the evidence stacking it looks like I'm going to lose lol... Well I look forward to seeing whatever the power is in action.
  19. Bandee0817 New Player

i don't think that you are on loosing, i think we have enough proof. or you mean that you dont know the new power will be red lantern or just rage? or you mean maybe there will be no new power?
  20. Marbou New Player

If light users are not corps members, then why do they have rings? That never made sense to me.

You don't have to make them hard light powers. Doing so would only limit players.

Hope can easily be a heroic tank like Superman, using blue auras to signify powers. A blue lantern character can then make it their own.
    Hope allows you to push through despair, pain, and other bad things in life. It is what defines Superman's character.

Red Lantern is red coloured fire + 1 blood spit iconic power.

You want red and blue lanterns? Create a 'strength' power, add a blue or red aura to powers. Add a couple iconic powers for lanterns and done. Also need to add that giant Sinestro fist to iconics.

Both lantern and non-lanterns become happy, problem solved.

Spend that extra time adding crystal and... well, indigo is kinda screwed. It's the only powerset that cannot be played in most cases as anything but an Indigo Lantern, or it will be completely off from cannon, lose lose.

Green and Yellow can be played as something else, at least if they get rid of those silly rings in creation and add those as an accessory.

To those who say red aren't villains. Do not confuse individual, with army. Because that's what the corps is, a military force.
    Add rage to that force and they become bad guys who do some very bad things before thinking.

You also ignore one simple thing. Making a blue lantern evil is... well, kinda possible. Making a blue army, slightly possible.
    Making two blue and red armies fight side by side and against each other IS definately impossible.

You can't have actual lanterns and have them on both sides in large quantities. Not with how evil and good the six leaders of these armies would be. It would conflict completely with what they would allow. And we are just minions to all six, we don't have enough independance as characters in-game for that.
    • Like x 1