Red Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Connor Kent, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Rebelyon New Player

I think its Violet or Blue.

• Hope Influence: The Blue light of hope can extinguish the red flame and depower a Red Lantern.
    • Love Influence: Love can be fatal to a red lantern. Being the opposite of anger, any Red Lantern who feels love for another being will immediately be rejected by their ring and die without its life support.
  2. Louis Active Player

I honestly think that if they did add more lantern powers white/black should be the healers since the ring is based on life/death.
  3. OMAAR New Player

Lantern powers of love and hope................PASS!
  4. OMAAR New Player

This sounds more probable to be incorporated.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rebelyon New Player

And miss out on all these hawties? :p

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. CAm New Player

Black/Death <> White/Life (aka: Life vs Death)
    Red/Rage <> Violet or Star Sapphires/Love (aka Love vs Hate)
    Orange/Avarice <> Indigo (Tribe)/Compassion (aka Selfishness vs Selflessness)
    Yellow/Fear <> Blue/Hope (aka Hope vs Fear)
    Green/Willpower

I've only observed a direct interaction in the following: There may be more I have not directly observed.
    Yellow can weaken Green.
    Green can give Blue the ability to make constructs.
    Blue boost the power of Green.
    Indigo can imitate any power but not as strongly.

White seems to trump everything.

There are also a few instances of being in possession of more than one power ring at a time. Hal went half Green, half Blue for a minute. Usually, White Lanterns have all 7 power rings (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet). I believe Kyle did it recently (for a second) in The New Guardians.

Forgive any errors. There are some gaps in my knowledge.

Edit: On the "yellow can weaken green" statement, I think that weakness was rooted out of the corps post parallax. I want to say that the reason green originally had a weakness to yellow was because parallax was trapped inside of the central battery or something similar to that. Don't quote me. I may be getting my facts mixed up.
  7. shaun10656 New Player

that show was not a fail at all it wasn't completely ment for the young minds if u know the lore behind what happens it makes a connection that the kids don't know about and why would kids be waking up early in the morning to watch that. are you saying young justice is for kids to?
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I mean there's tons of black lanterns, but weren't there only 2 white lanterns ever? unless I just haven't caught up I've only seen hal and sinestro as white lanterns. Seems like it'd be pretty improbable that they'd have white lantern deputies when tehre aren't even any stable white lanterns. /shrug
  9. Lwee New Player

Not a fan of Young Justice so I have no clue... Guessing by all the teenage angst and lovey-dovey romances it was aimed at the same people that liked Smallville or Twilight. Oh and Young Justice managed to make me laugh at the Joker, not with him.
  10. Louis Active Player

Umm.....Swamp Thing, Abin Sur, Superman, Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Simon Bazz, Oliver Queen, Batman, Deadman........
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

They were white lanterns? thought they were black. Tons of black lanterns, but don't know of many white unless they were in things that I didn't read/see =) would be curious what they were in if there are more than just sinestro and hal jordan that were in the darkest night series.
  12. Louis Active Player

Yeah they were also black lanterns as well. But when they were chosen to get the white rings they were all able to do different abilities beside making white constructs. Like Hal could revive the dead. It was pretty neat. I believe Swamp Thing as of now is the main white lantern.
    • Like x 1
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Sick, do you know what comics these are? Would love to look into it. I'm not a huge follower, but not cause I don't enjoy them :D
  14. Ariez418 New Player

im gonna jump in here and say, villians should have red HL tanks while Hero's get Blue HL healers. It could work.
  15. General_Gear New Player

Not to rain on the parade here, but 99.9% of Red Lanterns can't use constructs, Atrocitus being the only exception. All they can do is spit their acidic blood at people. That's all.
    • Like x 1
  16. I want all the corps New Player

See what needs to happen is we get a pettion going;) we dont need whole new sets we just want like custom tool to change the color of the light powers.The DCUO pepole can even make profit beacuse a lot of pepole want other colors so they should make like a fight for light expansion pack so they could make money and we get what we want we all win we just need to tell them:)
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'd like to clarify a few things about the various Lanterns.

First off, the one human member (Rankorr) of the Red Lantern Corp is able to use constructs as well. He also is able to overcome his rage at times and think clearly, though he sometimes has some trouble with this.

They have also shown that Atrocitus is able to make any of his lanterns more than purley driven by rage. He has done that to three that I know of so far, though only Bleeze is shown often so they don't discuss how that has affected them much. Bleeze has stated though that if she can get some of Rankorr's blood she will be able to use constructs as well, which suggests it may be possible to have multiple Red Lanterns able to use constructs,

Also, I don't believe either the Black Lanterns or White should be used in the game. The White is because they are so rare, there only being one at a time that I can recall except for when the White Entity was reviving Swamp Thing. The White Lantern is also typically the strongest, since they've shown it takes the power of all seven colors of the emotional spectrum to equal it.

The Black Lanterns on the other hand would be impossible to incorporate since there only goal is the extinction of all life. Also, being that all of them are already dead, they are nearly impossible to finish off. The only things that can defeat them is a combination of any two Lantern Corps' powers, certain individual superhero's unique powers, or the White Lantern himself. Anything else is unable to kill any of the Black Lanterns. Even beheading or disintegrating one has been shown to not be enough.

I do think the Black Lanterns would provide excellent enemies for a Raid(s) however. They could just deputize us, like certain heroes and villains were depuzited in Blackest Night, when it comes to the part where we finish them off.
    • Like x 1
  18. mad respect New Player

What we need is another movement, like maybe a hover board or something, help me out with ideas people im pretty sure you guys kinda get board with only 3 movement types.
    • Like x 1
  19. Rarewolf New Player

we need to be able to change the collors with out Hex colour selection!
    and maybe even add transperent. maybe we can have "Mime" Powers! 8D
    but yeah i would like to have green or white HL powers.

it would be even more crazy if they added the galaxy skin to them. but thats something else.
    MORE HL COLOURS DC! We Wanna Choose!
    we dont wanna change our colours for your sake! XP
    my green white and black doesnt work with my yellow HL powers XP
  20. Rarewolf New Player

you are right. like statics flying disk and gears rocket skates.
    there should be teleortation!