Red Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Connor Kent, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Jax Prime New Player

This is how i see it.

Blue - Orange
    Green - Yellow
    White - Black
    Violet - Red

Indigo- Neutral.

Also, Indigo Lanterns are very powerful, IMO they are easily in the top 5, White and Black IMO being the top 2.
  2. Jax Prime New Player

They could IMO incooperate Black Lanterns into the game, It wont be 100% true to the comics but they could just revolve the powers around bringing back or using dead enemies to help them fight.

Though the same could be done for Orange Lanterns... Hmm. I think it would just take a lot of creativity and most of us would have to just accept the smack in the face when nothing relates to the mythos :p At least we will have some new Lantern colours lol.

Btw, great post.
  3. Jax Prime New Player

I always wanted Superman to remain a White Lantern but i guess Prime 1 million will do :p
    • Like x 1
  4. NeoExodus New Player

I've no problem with seeing Red Lanterns although I'm order to fit in the game they would have to be on the villains side as there are no Red lantern heroes. It would be a cause that is made when selecting hard light as your power.
  5. Gwalir Loyal Player

I think Red Lanterns could actually be Heroes or Villains depending on when this game is supposed to take place. While it's true the Red Lanterns are originally just murderous villains, they have shown recently that it is just the common ones that are like that. The human Red Lantern, Ran'Korr, seems to be more of a Hero than a Villain, while Atrocitus himself seems to be more about Vengeance than Rage, kinda like the Specter.

As fast as who their opposite is supposed to be, I believe it's supposed to be the Star Sapphires. Both of them are at the far oppossite end of the emotional spectrum, plus they've shown that the two Corp's rings are unable to be used together since the Violet ring kicks off the Red one. Well, unless you're Kyle Raynor that is, but he is able to use all 7 at once and become a White Lanten even without a White Lanten ring.
  6. mad respect New Player

I love statics flying disk. I also thought about the way ice man moves around with his ice constructs.
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

As for you this
    H - for heroes, V - for villains
    Green (H) & Yellow (V) - current present Controller role lanterns
    Blue (H) & Red (V) - Tank role lanterns
    Indigo (H) & Violet (V) - Healing role lanterns (but which from lanterns healers?)
    These Tank & Healer lantern semi-powers are too based on combos instead of PI's.

Or if it's too difficult maybe add in marketplace an item (paint for lanterns - it maybe [agreement on the exchange of staff] next colors - blue, indigo & white - for heroes & red, violet & black - for villains). Cost 1000 SC, bind to account, allows to change power color for lanterns character (only suitable morality), while changed MA spinning punch ground picture changes also & allows to apply to your character related emblem (NOTE: absolutely useless without Fight for the Light DLC or non-legendaries).

I think last will be just ultra money rain for Devs!
  8. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

I made a thread about this topic earlier. I agree and support having red lanterns powers also blue lanterns. Healers for blue and Tank for red, since the blue ring weaken rids the user of the red ring. The could make a continually for the Fight for the light.
  9. Justcallmedaddy New Player

Why not blue lanterns?or viollet lanterns? They all are part of dc universe...
    You can ask for costumize the colour of your power but not to change the colours already donne
    But that thing of the light armor power is a good idea.
  10. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

they is so many discussion about this and i wish it was someway to combine or if the devs could create a post asking or getting our opinion on ((post name))) ''Should lantern based powers be open to all roles''

I say this because as i read alot of the community thoughts and ideals, it seems that its kinda even for more lantern base powers versus people arguing that its not viable.

1)Good thing about this game that the green and yellow lantern aren't actually lanterns so same concept for red and blue plus this is a game so they could create any scenario that will allow blue and red to be visible
    • scenario 1- Atrocitis has been on earth collecting rage( for a year now)(or maybe longer) and notice exobit victim rage was different than his normal victims. So he deputize a exobit villian giving birth to a new form of red lanterns, whose rage was more concentrated allowing them to form 70% of a construct.(just like the red weapons in the market place). Realizing this he starts deputizing more exobit villians to start a war. The green lanterns become overwhelm with the red and yellow corp and ask for backup. SO saint walker come to assist with his corp but there is still too many red and yellow lanterns to fight back. Realizing that exobit victims could form constructs regardless of what corp they belong to Saint walker starts deputizing worthy heroes to become blue lanterns to change the tide of battle.
    • blue goes with red , like green goes with yellow. Thats why i say tanks for both they wont only do red for both heroes or only villains or vise versa for blue. Each light base power will be introduce for one role with a hero corp and a villain corp.(two colors) So saying blue healer and red tank ?????? How is that gonna happen when red and blue is featured in the next dlc and we're missing a new tank power??? ((Blue heroes- red villain))). . Plus all corp are limited to some type of healing but not all can tank (You know Be the punching bag))) especially since they have to be classified as a tank, healer or troll.
    4 corps left- red, indigo, blue and star sapphire, (orange on his own)... Only 2 can be heroes and 2 can be villains
    Also you have to look at what each color represent. Love, compassion, rage and hope. Off this alone should tell you what role they should be.Love and compassion should be the two healers, both powers represent a type of empathy power which is perfect for healing. Hope and rage are your two corps thats left.

• villains- red , star sapphire(they can be males even though it's been 2 so far. Not once in their lore stated men cannot have a ring)
    • heroes- blue, indigo
    • now classify your roles...Since all corps are limited to a type of healing that gives me 4 that can heal. Now we do process of elimination to find a tank for each faction. Red out of the 2 villain corps would be a tank . Now i have my tank what corp is their rival besides green ....Blue. Now its either blue or indigo. More than likely indigo and star sapphires will be introduce at the same time.
    • tank-red and blue- light armour
    • healers- star sapphire and indigo (teleport move)// both powers represent a type of empathy power which is perfect for healing. Also as a healer than can even be used to buff other lanterns.
    2)when they first introduce auras they showed they had a green one and 1 called area 51 or a military style in a stream .... So if someone remember can they post that link. More than likely it will come but with a price or be rare. Also we don't have black, pink, green,orange, yellow. Trust it's coming when you least expect it.

3)people need to stop talking about the lore because the devs tweak the lore for villains and heroes to fit certain situations for the game. if we get on that i can say flash doesn't use electricity powers and wonder woman powers isn't exactly earth(key word exactly) plus she uses a shield/sword not just a shield(lame) , or captain marvel powers isn't just quantum because he could also represent cosmic and atomic. I did the same thing, i tweaked the lore and added the exobits heroes and villians could create constructs regardless of what corp they join. Therefore allowing red lanterns and blue to bet visible in game
    • Like x 1
  11. Gwalir Loyal Player

What I think they should do is introduce Blue and Red Lanterns through Brainiac's exobytes, but mention how he had tampered with them.

Considering all the powers in the game are from exobytes, and considering it has been shown that Brainiac has been messing around with the Emotion Spectrum, having Blue and Red Lanterns which don't follow all of the normal rules would make sense.

For that matter, it explains how my Green Lantern is able to give power to a Mental or Fire character. That part never made sense to me.
    • Like x 2
  12. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Your going to see a lot more lantern content darting with the DLC after Trigon, and rightfully so.

The most sold DLC
    One of if not the most played power sets
    The most vocal community (light power users)
    The most polarizing topic (loved or hated its talked over and over)
    Anything resembling blackest night or brightest day will outsell everything so and probably crash the test server
  13. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

From DC most original power is lantern, together with batman.
    but i dont like the efects that devs do to powersett of lanterns, i prefer the effect thatis used by NPCs in coast city mainly.
    What rings is more powerfull somebody can do a list starting of more weak to must strong?
    All lanterns can do constructs?
  14. Gwalir Loyal Player

All Lanterns can do constructs, though Reds and Blues normally have some drawbacks. Most Reds are consumed by rage and cannot focus enough to make constructs, though it is noteworthy that both humans who have wielded a Red Ring were able to make them. As for Blues, they are limited in what they can do unless they have a Green Lantern near them.

As for the strength of them, it tends to vary fr the most part according to who wields the ring, though it has been mentioned that Blues are on average are the strongest as long as a Green is nearby. Next would probably be Orange since Larfleeze is the sole Orange Lantern and thus keeps all the power for himself, possibly followed by Indigo, who has a couple of unique abilities such as teleporting as well as the ability to imitate any of the other color's powers, including Black Lanterns to a limited degree.

If I had to pick a weakest, I'd say probably Green or Yellow since I don't believe they have anything unique to them like the other 5 colors do.
  15. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

I'm honestly not sure exactly why they didn't put red in as the default color for villan's power rings. It is the "Bad" color in the comics as well as in the Green Lantern cartoon(new).Yellow is just greed, it is not good or bad, just itself.
    In young justice, it's true razor didn't create anything beyond simple constructs, and i believe that's because he was able to master his rage because of aya(however it's spelled) which is why he was able to become a blue lantern (which he did)
    Red lantern powerset i think would be able to create armor of... Uh.. Their own blood, as well as shoot it, and create weapons from it(razor). It's hard to make everything from blood but it could be done, or we could go the new cartoon network style and have them create constructs.
    But i think this would be dps/tank since it'd be brute force, but with a little bit of armor buffing, because in the show you see them all gettin mercilessly beat around and looking none worse for the wear. Tanks all the way, i love 'em!
  16. Gwalir Loyal Player

Orange is greed, not yellow. Sinestro Corpsmen draw their power from fear.

As for using Red instead of Yellow, the Sinestro Corps has been the Green Lantern's main enemy far more often than the Red Lanterns, plus have identical powers, so it is easier and more fitting making them the counterparts.
  17. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

18. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Gwalir, my bad, i'm sorry i'm not as familiar with the the lantern lore as you. I got confused with the yellow and orange.
    • Like x 1
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

No prob. I agree with you though that recently it seems they are not necessarily evil though, especially with how they've been depicting Sinestro and Arkillo.

In fact, I don't believe any of the Lanterns definitively fit one morality outside of the Blue Lanterns. I've never even seen one of those guys even seem to have a negative thought, let alone commit an evil act.
  20. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Yes.
    And look, in star labs research facility alert, green and yellow were working together. The lines are getting blurred.
    However, I do think the red lanterns fit the morality of destruction. They destroy and destroy, while the green lanterns task is to Maintain justice within the galaxy.