Red Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Connor Kent, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Orange should i nice powerset to add. My knowledge about dc is tinny but i belive that larfeeze hold ower of lantern only to him should bring a war inside orange corps, and should bring a interessant gameplay.
  2. Lokkii Committed Player

Red villians, blue heros and maybe constructs with no combo's like they have now, give them solid stand alone powers
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Necro UP
  4. Black ZeroPrime New Player

the human red lantern can make constructs and if he shares his blood the others can too, nice necro btw lol
  5. BerzerkerUnit New Player

I think we have enough Batman content by far... 3 raids, 4 alerts, half the duos and a third of the solo challenges...
  6. isamunore New Player

red lantern power should be a trinket like the central city trinket
    • Like x 1
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Three more DLC's I'm guessing at least 2 raids, 4 alerts, 4 duos, 2 - 4 more legends toons. At least four single player missions with bonus mission or two like ace chemicles/strykes island/bonus bosses in duos or alerts.

At least one more lantern themed power possible two and at least 4 to 6 sets of lantern inspired gear.

And I'm all for it war of the light is part of the blackest night and brightest day storyline which set record comic book sales and will easily be a best selling DLC.

You are also getting Wonder Woman inspired content and three other DLC's not related to lanterns over the next year plus.

The lantern hate is well documented please get over it. You have other things coming no need buzz kill those of is who love us some lantern mythos.

Edit: replied to the wrong message on my phone blitz not meant to grab your quite but couldn't fix it after sending it
  8. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

No worries. I know about the lantern hate and mind you, I am a lantern lover myself.

My issues with another Lantern Power, this case being reds, are,

1) Making another powerset for a very specific comic/storyline when there is so much out there in the DC universe to cover. As much as I like Atrocitos and his guys (or even the Blue Lanterns, I have the strangest bro crush for Saint Walker), I´d rather have a whole new concept implemented for Tanks, such as Atomic or Water, which have a lot of potential. Which brings me to point #2...
    2) I don´t see enough potential for it. Sure, we could add the "red puke" and other forms or blood power, plus implement "rage mechanics" to to berserk and such and then... what else? More light constructs?

Leavin the power aside, I´m digging War of the Light a lot. I consider Blackest Night to be one of the best DC arcs EVER.
    • Like x 2
  9. Bandee0817 New Player

just to be clear for everyone:
    i think soe basicly follow the dc universe comics and stories. where you guys seen that any lantern change its pure color?? nonsence. also with color change, how you can imagine different colored lanterns as controllers? because if they just put the color change, that makes impossible things. green and fear is okay. they can focus the will power and the fear from the enemy (green/yellow). red: red lanterns never can be controllers, if you just watch cartoons, comics, you never seen any red lantern what can think clearly and be "focused". they are all full with vengeance and rage and rush to the enemy and punch all of them and be more and more angry and have more rage and be more stronger. tipical bruisers, TANKS. i dont think they will put blue lanterns, especially because there are just few blue lanterns, they are rare. and i dont think they will just bump a tons of blue lanterns, especially they never talked about blue lanterns, just blue LANTERN! in my opinion that saint walker will appear as a "leader" in the raid or something like that, maybe 1-2 legendary pvp (like the elephant blue lantern, dont know its name) but im sure they will not bring blue lantern power as playable power set. red lantern would be more realistic. about other powers: star sapphire. thoose are all womens in the comic and in the cartoons, both. how you can fit that to a male character? like a ******* ken doll -.- seriously. white lanterns are epic..... not really fits to the other powers, thoose are all weaker then the white lanterns... soo, whites are just too epic. black lanterns are kinda zombies, they even cant make constructs, they just wanna kill everyone and made them black lanterns, kinda. there are no orange lanterns, just one orange lantern. okay basicly in stories that appears like hal or guy or someone else came an orange lantern for a short time. but except larfreeze, there are no original orange lantern, also no realism on it. indigo should be but not really clear what role can be and how.
    so this color change have no sence. every lantern core is different, all have strong and weak abilities, theese never can be controllers.
    and theese cryings about "again a lantern dlc". come oon. this is just the 9-th dlc. they will do 2 more, because this will be and episode. they also will do a 3 part amazonian dlc. we already at 6 dlc-s. they can do anything beside theese dlc-s. powers, movement modes, gears, new mods, new mechanics, even new body types, new personality. i hope they will do more body types and personalities.
    but im sure they will never do this color switching, that couldnt have any logic.
    they have time to put more powers. and they will do that, in time. and as some ppl realized at the mod vendor, there the channeled hate and the ruthless shield appeard, that could be a red lantern or just rage power. both can be real. but no blue lantern, no channeled hope or believe in shield or something like that xd
    be a little bit more realistic. if you think im wrong, blame me, this is my opinion and i wanted to say this, because its annpying to see that everyone just want to change colors. that not gives you much more features. and yes, we need new tank power and rage or red lantern could be the best for BOTH sides. thats all folks :)
  10. MugenM422 New Player

i agree with virtually everything you said, except that i dislike the idea of other lanterns in the game, their powers would be too limited. having the iconics as legends, sure, why not.

i love blackest night as a story, and they could even go into brightest day if they wanted (finding the entities and all that) the whole lantern side of the dc universe is awesome, i just dont see any of the others as competent powers on their own...

what about having them as like a trinket (like henchman? then you could like call for a support (blue would power buff, red would rampage through enemies, purple saphires root or encase (cc) indigo heals?)
    • Like x 1
  11. Bandee0817 New Player

i dont think this trinket mode could be work, also as the same aspect of why cant change colors. just realize. your green lantern using a red lantern power rampage or a star sapphire power as cc? i dont think that could be okay. rage power is coming, no surpries about that. im also sure that will be a tank power. the only question is that will be red lantern or just rage power. i hope that will be the red lantern, because im a big fan of the lanterns but the green light power was a disappointment to me. not as controller really, but as dps, yes. that have not much fun about combos, because you have to clip barely every animation and dont see too much, just a jumping toon to reach the full potential of the damage out. an the only best combo i ever knew is the ram snap fan repeat combo, and ignore me if thats not true but if you do this combo properly to make badass damage out, what you see? i think not so much, because every move is clipped and theese dont have much visual effects on the enemies.
  12. Bandee0817 New Player

yeah, atomic and water can be good tank power, but red lantern can be also good. yeah, that can make constructs, and a lot of. just remember at the comics and the cartoons. red lanterns also have the ability to make constructs, not all, i know but as in the game story, the rings what given, are thoose given to people by lex luthor (read the dc universe online comic and you will know why i said this), which are been free to use, so not the ring choose the people... so red lanterns also can be in this way and the heroes/villains can use that rings at full potential, to make constructs.
  13. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

*wants Dex Starr to be in the next HL DLC*
    • Like x 2
  14. Lantern Flash Committed Player

Whether anyone likes it or not ...... Green Lantern (and at times, Flash,) has been DC's hottest selling comic since Geoff Johns took them over. Even outselling the Superman books and the Batman books. Sinestro Corp War, Blackest Night, and Brightest Day, were HUGE for DC. What did more people talk about in the lackluster Final Crisis (in comparison to the above Lantern storylines?) The death of Bruce Wayne/Batman, or the return of Barry Allen?

Love it or hate, say what you want .... but some stores cannot even keep the New 52 graphic novels on their shelves. Thanks to Barry Allen and Flashpoint.

Red Lanterns are needed in the game!

I haven't had the chance to pick up Volume 3 of the Red Lantern graphic novel yet, but if you read 1 and 2, it appears that Atrocitus (after the death of the guardians) is more concerned with justice than just mindless rage. Bleez on the other hand, is your typical Red Lantern and just wants to kill everything and rule the Reds. With these different philosophies, it make sense to me that there be hero Red Lanterns, and villian Red Lanterns ..... or more specificly, RAGE.

Personally, I believe Atrocitus should just rip Bleez to shreds and then come to earth and do the same to the 2 largest wastes of comic ink in the industry .... Joker and that half-twit Quinn. He can then use their hearts to tell the future.

Everyone complains that there is sooooooooooo much Lantern content in the game, (a solo, a duo, and 3 alerts) in comparison to what?
    All the crap with Batman? This game should've been called Gotham Universe Online.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lantern Flash Committed Player

And before anyone says it ..... my TheDarkKnight2099 is more a nod to Marvel.
  16. Bandee0817 New Player

AMEN!! :D
  17. TryingAcc123456 New Player

[IMG]
  18. Bandee0817 New Player

"Each Powerset uses related physical force to act! But Rage is not force, its emotion only! Are you agree that?

Fire's combust into flames like pheonix & burn enemies
    Ice's summon chilly winds & lower temperature to cover with ice
    Nature's use biological stuff & poison
    Sorcery's cast spells to heal or destroy
    Gadgets use various technological devices
    Mental's affect mind or use telekinetic forces

Light's use constructs made from hard light
    Electricity's generate surge & use electrostatic/electromagnetic forces
    Earth's cover with rocks or shake ground under enemies
    Quantum's tamper with time & space
    Celestial's summon power of Gods

What should do Rage?"

just seen in another topic. im the only who think its wrong? xd
    • Like x 1
  19. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

It's my post lol
  20. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Yeah, lets do it! Defeders of RL now say - Red are not villains, they can be heroes, they ANTI-HEROES, want revenge, vengenance, justice etc... With batteries, those powered with blood of killed enemies etc. So Atrocitus - it turns he is good. Further, Sinestro is actually good (he wants bring order to galaxy). Lex Luthor is acutally good (he wants to advance humanity). Joker is good (amuse people). Gangsters are good (to you not relax on streets). Circe is good (take care about animals), Trigon is good (wants bring power), Brainiac is good (wants digitize & regularize everything).

So everywhere in DC Universe is good, everyone is hero, not against anyone to fight!

Red Lanterns themselves can be only villains! It's only single persons from them are good (Guy Gardner, Razer from animated series, that's all)