Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Tooks

Does anyone from the EU know how the latency is if we try out the US-East servers? I'm honestly tempted to try as the EU ones are ridiculous at times.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bombless

Also on Miller. SoE account. Delay on ANY action whatsoever is up to 10 seconds. It comes and goes, and people warp all over.
    • Up x 1
  3. BlakkLeafTR

same here on Miller, UNPLAYABLE
    • Up x 1
  4. Stigler

Get a grip, I am sure someone is working on it and they are not sitting there eating their lunch or dinner and laughing at your posts.

Release day 2 and thread started 26 minutes ago? I am sure they care and will sort it out. Not time for Frenzy mode yet.
    • Up x 1
  5. susspect3

so what i don't understand if everything is on there side how come i go to your website to purchase £37 of station cash hmmmmmmm
    • Up x 1
  6. Jez

Hi Josh,

I understand you cannot do anything about this yourself directly. All I personally ask is if this can be raised within SOE if possible to the relevant department. A quick 2 min investigation will result in the realization that this is a severe server/routing related issue which needs a quick call from SOE's account handler to ProSieben to get resolved.

Regards

Jez
    • Up x 3
  7. RSphil

the warping on miller EU is making combat impossible. you cant shoot anything as you dont know where it is/was/going to be lol. it is hurting the game big time and needs sorting.
    • Up x 1
  8. susspect3

dude this game shouldn't even be here at the minute it should still be in god dam beta like everyone said.
    • Up x 2
  9. Vortigon

The US east coast server is perfect ping wise since its all fibre optic across the atlantic now - the one and only downside is that the US servers peak time is obviously 5 - 7 hours behind us... so expect late nights if you want peak playtimes
    • Up x 1
  10. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

This is a Technical Support forum, we are not here to discuss anything outside of a technical issue, the symptoms, and a path to resolution.

I've personally sent out an e-mail storm to my management about this issue so we can get it tracked. Keep in mind that we are not the development team. They may have already been aware and are working on it, we're just doing our due diligence to get the word out.

For those on Miller specifically, it would be really helpful if you posted your geographical locations (i.e. I live in spain and am playing on Miller, or I live in New york and am playing on miller).
    • Up x 2
  11. DUreth

I'm also having terrible lag on the EU servers, both Miller and Lithcorp. I'm located in the south of England, Southampton.

As a PS1 and Beta player my account is with SOE not ProSieben, my login details and forum access are all through SOE. My Alpha Squad purchase was direct to SOE and if I buy a premium membership then that will also go through SOE. Saying that we have to contact another company who we have no financial or legal connection to (I've not agreed to any terms of service with them, only SOE) is not acceptable.

If you are not able to help us then maybe SOE should re-evaluate its relationship with ProSieben and give its own TSR's joint access.
    • Up x 6
  12. macca2278

i live in uk and am playing on miller !!!
    • Up x 1
  13. susspect3

i live in liverpool, uk and i play on miller when it let's me.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vortigon

United Kingdom - Miller Server - Via SOE account

Anyone else NOT shocked to find out a backstreet company hosting a server for pure profit has crap equipment and non-existent staff and is cutting corners?
    • Up x 1
  15. Antem

Massive lag on Miller... Somehow im not suprised that this happend.

Edit: Playing from Sweden.
    • Up x 1
  16. TimeyWimey

finland, miller
    • Up x 1
  17. macca2278

prosieben is having problems linking my account qwith soe so my sc is stuck with soe at moment any1 else having this problem
    • Up x 1
  18. susspect3

read the post's feller
    • Up x 1
  19. Algo

Miller, playing from northern Italy, lag was worse on Indar, several seconds, flying vehicles etc, 3 seconds+ for any interaction.
    I pinged some amsterdam ip's and it's the usual performance with 0 packet loss.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tooks

Lag in Lithcorp, located South Wales - UK
    • Up x 1