Tried new server (EU): Night and day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guppet

Just so you know. That's around the time that several other servers went down. Including Miller, so you had a lot of tourists from other severs, substantially increasing your population at that time.

I know this as my outfit from miller were all on Ceres at that time due to Miller not being available.

Queues last night are not indicative of the usual population.
  2. KoS-1

It's all about me thread again!!
  3. Commissar Penitus

What?

And by "me" do you mean "you"? Your post sure seems to say so.
  4. KoS-1

I"m speak-less. Got me there! Damn you are good...cough
  5. Earthman

Who are you and why should anyone care?

Let me guess, this is some sort of "Earthman said a mean thing to me and I'm going to try to derail his threads" thing?

At least offer a response to the thread alongside the sniffling.
  6. AFK1

I'm glad my knowledge has been tried and tested by someone who thinks a 2.0 KDR is remarkable
  7. Earthman

It is, actually, if you understand where it is coming from.

That's signifigantly higher than it ever was, even on a day to day basis, on just about any day I spent on Connery. Further, I was doing it with a fresh character with no upgrades. It should have arguably been lower, all things considered, due to the freshness of the character.

Satisfied? Or is this one of those canned putdowns that are all the rage in League of Legends to try to silence anyone who doesn't take a game as their job and pad their metrics like a resume?
  8. KoS-1

You might want to ask yourself the same question.

Why should anyone care whether or not you encountered more or less cheaters on a server? We all know it's your cause-celeb, cheaters!!

Frankly it's your attitude when someone disagrees. It's gets old.
  9. Commissar Penitus

This post right here shows exactly what the problem with K/D ratios is and why they're toxic and counterproductive to both games and game discussion.

"You are not allowed an opinion without an arbitrary abstract number that is preferably at least as high as mine!"
  10. KoS-1

See what I mean! Everything is a put down to you.

There is always some type of response, like that.
  11. Commissar Penitus

Speaking of getting old, either marry Earthman or let whatever hurt your feelings go because we care even less about.
  12. Raap

All servers have their cheaters. But I'll say that on Miller, the 'obvious cheating' isn't as bad as it supposedly is on some NA servers. Yes, we do run into cheaters, and when it happens, it can take hours before a GM responds. I generally believe the cheaters log out from boredom after 5+ hours of playing, rather than GM's doing their job... Do GM's even still exist?

But anyway... It is a rarity to run into these types of cheaters on Miller, I can count the amount of times it happened to me since my playtime from launch on two hands.

As for subtle cheaters or ping/desync abusers, it is hard to say. Sometimes I die to someone and am left wondering if that was 100% legit, but then I remember times where I personally perform extremely well because of RNG based factors. I don't let my enjoyment of the game get burdened because of these situations, and continue playing.
  13. Earthman

I'll make this clear, one time and one time only:

Your little petty grudge with me is getting very old. It's clear you have nothing else to post but derail attempts. I don't even remember what I posted that started your little obsession but no one cares about it, least of all me.

This is the last response you're likely to get from me. Enjoy it. :)
  14. KoS-1

I may just do that!! Sounds like you already have that covered. I don't want to intervene.
  15. Earthman

I've never been on Miller so I could not comment nor make observations about it. I read some bad stuff, and of course the usual "of course there's no cheating, mad cuz bad" responses to that in the same threads.

I doubt ping/desynch would affect my experiences on Connery and Ceres in the way things seemed to have turned out. Going to a further away server should have increased, not decreased, wall-shooting, apparent teleportations, desynchs and that sort of thing. That has not been the case.

And no, my connection to Ceres has seemed pretty solid. I die when shot enough times, and curiously the headshot count has gone way down (snipers still headshot me but that's not unexpected and I'm fine with that).
  16. KoS-1

Umm it's your comments and attitude towards everyone who disagrees. Especially those that don't bow down totally to your world view.

I could care less what has been said to me in the past. If you thing it's personal or grudge, it just reinforces, you think it's all about you.
  17. Nocturn0l

Why did it went down? I don't see a drop in population on miller yesterday up until 2am here: http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=1
    Certainly not around 10pm. And if you compare Ceres and Miller you will see that there is not much difference in population, note the different scales though. Yesterday there might have been a few more people on due to double xp as well.
  18. Earthman

Even when population is sparse (and yes that took some getting used to), I was still able to find some good fights.
  19. DramaticExit

Earthman, just reading through this thread, I thought I'd restate something Murdok said earlier... Which is that one of the best things about Ceres is that there is no drama. Please just keep that in mind with regards to how you play there.
  20. Earthman

Eh, I have had no need, no urge, not even a thought of doing anything you might call drama in /yell chat or otherwise on the server.

People shoot at each other, shoot at me, and I shoot at them. Orders chat gives suggestions, region announces incoming groups of bad guys or asks for help, and /yell has some ordinary and quite harmless smacktalk.

As I said in the OP, night and day.

And if you're referring to that guy whining about me in this thread and elsewhere, I don't even remember what set him off but he's really worked up about it, weeks or months later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.