Tried new server (EU): Night and day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightmare

Define much :p? I guess once a day I see something that at least makes me wonder.
    I only notice it when cloaking though, and at least once a day I would say I get shot from +100 meters while being cloaked :p
    Or meet a guy that has psychic abilities regarding incoming Cloakers :p

Some of it just seems to good to be true, and then it normally is.
  2. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Astriania

Interesting. I come from Miller and generally feel that the hacking problem is exaggerated, so maybe it is just much worse on the US servers. We had a well documented repeat hacker over the holiday break, happily he's banned for real now that SoE are back at their desks, but it's rare that I see something which makes me think someone's hacking.

I occasionally play Mattherson for a little time (usually when Miller is down) and in that short time I saw one blatant ESP+aimbot player and a couple of other suspicious things.

So yeah maybe the European servers are less bad.
  4. Shouren

i play on ceres, and that's my only char. There are cheaters here and there, but hopefully not all that many. Probably you'll see some teabagging here and there as well. Just wait for it. ;)

as others have pointed out, probably we have a relatively lower population, less kids maybe, so the ratio is lower.

oh. also... welcome to Ceres!
  5. Ned

Surviving on Syrup can be tough

Since we have lower population, there are less noobs and more pros around, like me.
  6. ajma

1. You are harder to hit in a EU server because of lag.
    2. Less players, lower chance of dying.
  7. Midnightmare

Hehe, not that I wanna blame NC but at least on miller when I experience something dodgy they are pretty much always NC it seems.
    I guess then its a rebel thing :p
  8. Shouren

client side hit detection......
  9. Pikachu

If you come from Connery then it's no strange if you see less population. You come from the most populated of all servers. I think we have good numbers here in Europe. Sure we would all love to have as much as Connery.
  10. MrMurdok

As a proud Syrup player, I can tell you that you came to the right place. There's a reason most people forget about little Ceres- Zero drama, zero fuss, just people playing Planetside.
    • Up x 2
  11. HMR85

12. DramaticExit

I'm one of the Ceres locals, and honestly even though it's a comparatively quiet server, I absolutely love it. It';s generally fairly clean (by comparison to Miller and the US servers I've tried), and there's a good community surrounding some of the outfits. There is some weird stuff that appens late at night, but prime time is generally pretty excellent.

I think the reason for this is that the more popular and populated a server gets, the more the kids qith the ESP and aimbots will be drawn to it. To the people who see the need to cheat in order to guarantee a win, there would be no point in winning unless you can celebrate it infront of a suitably large audience. They want the publicity. They won't get nearly so much of it on Ceres.

Also, this.

It's a pleasure to play there...

... Only when someone's drunk.
  13. Earthman

And you respond with not only a "weak put down tactic" but with a tired, boring, borrowed meme.

Congratulations. Please post something relevant to the thread.
  14. Earthman

So far it's been my experience that, yes, they are less bad.

It's not the "flying tank" level stuff that is the real problem, but the persistent arms race of low profile cheats that make the game jarring and less fun. Why sneak around when ESP is one of the most common downloads and Connery was a cointoss of "will cloaking into that area actually matter this time?" Why bother with sniper rifles when sniper LMGs are way more effective at padding K/D ratios and can headshot entire squads of people per reload? And they can be a bit more subtle than that but I hope my point is made.

Either everyone on Ceres is less "skilled" than the MLGPROYOLOSWAG types on Connery, which is very likely and if its actually believed is a laughably silly "hurr Euroz haev no skillz" statement, or people on Ceres are playing fair by and large.

I like where I went so far.
  15. Earthman

Cute thing you borrowed from someone else's creativity there. Thing is, if that was what was happening here, then how come the grass isn't seeming greener on Connery now?
  16. Earthman

I did see what must pass for drama on the server:

TR were getting bottled up in the SE canyon area, and one guy was yelling "DAMN IT WHY CAN'T YOU BREAK THIS STUPID STALEMATE?!" and coming from a much more toxic, banal, immature, and even boring community elsewhere, that may as well have said "Well met, fellow warriors. It seems that our mutual struggle has yet to come to a conclusion. May the army with the most resolve carry the day. Huzzah!"
  17. Earthman

No matter how many ellipses you add to that, it doesn't quite explain the difference between Ceres and Connery. In a way, it is even less relevant considering that Ceres is much, much further away for me.

People have little problem hitting me. I tend to fly above their heads and keep them guessing with suppressed weapons, but unlike on Connery, I don't get magic spin-pivots that DINGDINGDING headshot me from a hundred paces from a guy that wasn't even looking my direction. Among other anomalies that seem to have stopped since I went to Ceres.
  18. Earthman

I think you killed me today, if you're TR.

I had my share of deaths, but I had a good time. It didn't feel quite so wonky and full of bizarre anomalies and questionable events. If it was somehow connection based to see people shooting me through walls and lurking inside hills and floors and peeking out to kill me and others, that should happen MORE often on Ceres, not less, due to how much further away it is.
  19. Earthman

If I'm so much less hard to hit, how come I still got hit quite a bit, if without the instant headshot obliteration? And how come I was in the pretty tight firefights with dozens on each side and still experienced this? They still happen even on smaller servers. And lastly, how come in the larger server it was always the same people doing most of the LMG sniper headshot silliness? And how come they aren't doing it on Ceres? I got a very good answer for that but you won't like it.

You're also selectively ignoring the stuff that I already mentioned many times already. Shouldn't I be seeing MORE people rubbing around inside hills and shooting through walls, not less?

I get it. You're a denialist, and for whatever reasons have to go into any thread that talks about cheating and give the same talking points that surely it almost never happens and there's no way anyone's doing it. Because SKILL(tm). :rolleyes:
  20. Commissar Penitus

I'm confused. I saw a post earlier recommending Connery refugees go to Miller as opposed to Ceres.

I thought Miller was a North American server, and I've seen quite a few threads about suspected cheating there. And of course the usual "it doesnt happen it never happens mad cuz bad" crap responses too.

Having tried Ceres now (couldn't get my old name, damn), I think I'm staying on Ceres.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.