Tried new server (EU): Night and day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Negator

Apparently you dont understand client side hit detection.

In any case, this looks like just another average player who found a utopia of other average players (and his hit detection on his side) and now feels like nobody is cheating anymore. I always find the loudest cries of hacker come from players of very normal skill. Of course you see hackers all the time; better players will kill you faster each and every time you come across them.

Also, your TR character on Connery doesnt have an outfit. Yet another example of someone who didnt do everything in their power to improve their play experience before crying hacker and leaving for perceived greener pastures.
    • Up x 1
  2. KoS-1

No you didn't! Watch out for the hell fire to rein down on you!!!
  3. Earthman

This is borderline personal attacks, but I'll be the one with the thick skin and let that go and just address the accusations.

I joined pick up squads, some of them hosted by some of the largest outfits on Connery, and while it did give a sense of direction and I felt I contributed just fine, the usual requirement most have of "requires teamspeak" or the like isn't very conductive to me, considering I am deaf in real life. I don't hear very much at all (besides background noise and explosions but nothing more precise than that in game) and hearing aids are unable to assist me. Not many outfits want, let alone ask, for deaf players. Yet I do my part and do what I can.

Again, I still don't see how "client side hit detection" has anything to do with me not seeing Harassers ploughing into tank columns, ignoring the shots hitting them, and blowing up a Sunderer on the far side (one of the most ridiculous things I ever saw on Connery), or for that matter being shot in spawn rooms or through walls or watching squad mates being knifed through a head and arms sticking out of a hillside.

You're not likely to be persuaded of otherwise, considering the tone and attitude you have presented already when it came to my observed experience. There will always be someone out there who will believe that my K/D ratio is too low, or I didn't just Uber Elite Doodz for long enough, and for them, my opinion is always suspect.

That's fine. I still have my opinion and I'm quite happy on Ceres so far.
  4. AFK1

And this is why you're not a good judge of "omg theyre all hacking"; such an arbiter should be at least an average player

You must have never played League of Legends. If you "putdown" someone in that game, they ban you for harassment. Bans are 2x+ length if the player who makes files the report is hispanic
  5. AFK1

well he did say it was EU server
  6. Earthman

I thought statistically 1/1 was "average" all other things considered.

And because you're so convinced of otherwise, the feeling is mutual: I think you're too closed up in your own world of e-importance to even consider the opinions of other players.

Funny, because the point of this thread is "what a difference a server switch has made". I'm making a wild guess that you're on a not-so-nice server and need to defend strangers from cheat accusations at all costs.
  7. Earthman

One more thing, AFK1:

It goes to show that you're not telling the full story about League of Legends. The banning system is gamed, quite easily, by some of the most elusive griefers and jerks in the game, specifically to shut out people they don't like. It barely serves its intended function except on extreme outliers of harassment or malevolence.

But then again my opinion doesn't matter because my e-statistics aren't good enough for you. Which is weird because you keep coming in here and responding to it. :rolleyes:
  8. AFK1

Nah I don't have any "e-importance" in Planetside 2, this is a fun game, but not one I take seriously

That said, I enjoy it enough that I think SOE deserves more credit than you are giving them. The game is in no way infested by hackers, much less aimbots

I see that your portrait is the TR sigil. Perhaps your perception is influenced by dying instantly to NC wambam wombos that do 5x more damage than your guns, and are more accurate, and have higher round velocity, and are easier to use
  9. AFK1

It doesn't serve it's intended function, because it's just a tool for hispanics to ban anyone who was unkind to them
  10. Negator

Sorry what? Personal attacks? I'm merely looking at facts.

If there is no way around your level of deafness, you will always be at a huge disadvantage that you should accept rather then let it feed your paranoia. Sound is a huge indicator in this game and I imagine you get the feeling people are using ESP hacks all the time when i reality its just them hearing you and you not hearing them.

"Client side hit detection" means you you land hits on your enemy when he thinks hes behind cover often, among other things. How often, really, did you see these harassers? Once? Also you know that spawn rooms have been consistently bugged since launch.

Im not looking at your KD. Im looking at yoru accuracy, head shot ratio, KPM, etc and I'm telling you that your statistics are very average (not to be mean, but to be mathematically factual in the pursuit of logical argument). It means that the top 15% or so of players will always kill you first, every single time, and the rest of the player base may as well be a coin flip about who kills who.

As far as Ceres itself, its going to have a smaller percent of very good players (and hackers) so your experience obviously will be more positive.
  11. Earthman

If you take this game seriously enough you should realize why people lurk in spawn rooms instead of going out and being useful, why there are medic and engineer shortages in many squads and why a lot of people don't want to pull out the healing/repair tool:

Because your attitude is common.

Because "your K/D ratio is too low so you don't matter" attitude.

And you can probably guess what I clocked the most hours as: Medic. And because I didn't care about K/D ratios, I went out of my way to revive squads quickly, efficiently, and without care for getting shot (so long as I got the other medic up first and I wasn't pointlessly interrupting my own revives), and helped reverse what seemed like some inevitable failed attacks when the sunderer blew. It's exciting for me to keep a control point occupied with live bodies well beyond the usual point of an offensive breakdown. I loved it.

And to you that all doesn't matter, I assume now. Because K/D ratio is everything.

The "You have a TR logo so you must think X Y and Z" is so laughable I'll be nice and not answer it any longer than this sentence.
  12. DramaticExit

No worries then. See you on the field.
  13. Earthman

Opinions are not the same thing as facts, no matter how highly you feel about your own opinions.

You have yet to answer or explain what is so bogus about me finding Ceres to be almost completely free of a lot of suspicious behavior and game anomalies that were almost a daily ocurrence on Connery.

Reading my in-game statistics is borderline stalking and pretty depressing at this point. Is it so damaging, so terrible, for a stranger on the internet to have an opinion before you dissect it with some rather obsessive statistics?
  14. Rogueghost

I feel the need to defend Connery, and I will do so.
    RogueghostEU will rise, and he will be the judge if there is less foul play on Ceres than the Connery master server.
  15. Earthman

That's kind of funny, but a little weird.

Is my take on the subject so disturbing (yet apparently so irrelevant because Saint Negator hath spoken about my sinful stats) that I warrant the attention?
  16. Negator

No, its not my opinion you have a 19% acc rating with an AR or 17% with a carbine. Its a fact. Should we have a discussion who owns the faster car without referencing the size and quality of the engine? Dont be nonsensical.

I did, multiple times, you just chose to ignore it. Lower player quality, client side hit detection, low population, lower server load (IE: fewer weird things happening that could simply be server screwing up), grass is greener syndrome, etc.

Again, if you want to have a logical argument, we need facts. Looking at stats isnt any of those things you listed, its very normal. We cant solve the problems of the world based on feelies.

EDIT: PLEASE. please. stop getting offended about looking at stats. They are there for a reason. Im not here to make you feel bad about yourself and proclaim my dominance. I dont care. I'm simply making logical conclusions based on the math i see.
    • Up x 2
  17. Earthman

Since it was brought up, yes, I have pretty signifigant hearing loss and the sound in the game is pretty much for entertainment purposes only. Among other things surround sound has no function for me because I can't tell where sounds are coming from.

If that was truly soooooo relevant to my perception of ESP-like behavior, then how come the ESP-like behavior also seems signifigantly less on Ceres?

I'm seeing a distorted argument here and one that doesn't in any way negate what I said.
  18. Rogueghost

No this has nothing to do with your stats, I honestly don't care at all about how many or how few people you have and could kill.

But you have piqued my curiosity and I wish to see for myself.
  19. TeknoBug

I know on Mattherson, the cheats are getting out of hand, there's usually 1 person during alerts sitting on an AT turret obliterating everything and people are witnessing it and half the time the GM are never around to deal with it. On Connery, I almost never encounter any of that.

And IMO Miller is the most competitive server in this game, Brits are usually serious gamers. I don't know about cheats though, Russians are known for mass hacking but I don't think Russians pick Miller to play on.
  20. AFK1

This type is vehement opposition to conflicting evidence is why people aren't taking you seriously

Why assume that everyone is aimbotting, and ignore the game's balance issues? Perhaps the former is less to blame than you think
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.