Tried new server (EU): Night and day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]

I am going to have to cautiously agree that there are a lot more scripts going around than people think. As a long time online FPS gamer you just know when someone has beaten you fairly and when things just arent legit.
  2. Halo572

5 months out I don't really give a crap what is going on in this game, but one of my historical theories of how to improve it is to have a 1337 MLG Pro Ubersoldat allocated server.

Advertised as such, named as such and invitation only. No secrets, this is THE server to pwn on.

First wave would be anyone with a k/d 5+ or x kills in a tank/aircraft, with 1000 special invitations for their select friends to go to access.

It would be a night soil magnet for the population, with all the 1337MLGPUS players automatically gravitating towards it to fight among themselves to see who is the mostest 1337MLGPUSist.

And then adding in a hardware lock, IP lock and any other lock that prevents them ever logging into another server.

And after SOE gets that completed in around 96 months, they could then work on a game for the rest of us to come back and play in the next 10-20 years.
  3. KAHR-Alpha

In a year of playing on Ceres I've seen only five obvious cheaters.
  4. Ribero

I had heard that Miller is starkly different from the other EU servers.

I'd heard that EU servers felt more "passive" than US ones, and I sort of felt what the person was getting at during my time on Waterson. In that people seemed happier to sit back and defend more, and took longer to go on the counter coffence. Notice anything similar in your adventure?

Interesting thread, I'm always interested in what's different server to server.
  5. Earthman

I said "ANOTHER Forum Warrior". As in, I didn't dismiss that I was one too, if in my opinion better at the trade than most who result in weak put-down tactics. Like yours. Reading comprehension, learn it.

Awfully dedicated (and kind of creepy) to make a photoshopesque picture to follow metrics chasing.

But on a plus note, I am glad you agree with some of what I said. Denial seems to be the one thing denialists have left.
  6. Earthman

That would only INCREASE the number of script kiddies and the use of scripts. Because of course they'd want the attention and prestige.

If you don't think people want artificial adoration and attention for bogus achievements, I'd like to buy real estate from your planet.
  7. johnway

I play on european servers and Miller does provide a much different experience. I played on Colbalt originally until i switched back to playing Miller and it was much better. There were bigger numbers, the outfits were more organised and dedicated and it made for a much better experience all round as they were willing to push and get things done and many battles became nail biters. I mean i see stuff that makes my jaw drop or smile.

a recent one a week or so ago was when a whole NC outfit or a large number of them opted to be LA and jump down from the top of a cliff and into the base to try and reclaim it. I was stunned and i had fun defending the base as it provided a whole different experience holding them off. They did the standard Max rush (which is something you see more of in miller) and dropping men onto the roofs but when there were 2 determined forces it was aweinspiring.

Another one was when zurvan amp station was being capped by the VS and after a while the NC dropped in, removed the VS holding the point and claimed the amp station themselves.

I occassionally go back to colbalt once in a while, but its just not the same. Feels too quiet for my liking. If they could merge the server to miller that would be great...
  8. Earthman

I admit Ceres DID seem "passive." There was /yell talk but it lacked the "U MAD BRO" and "MAD CUZ BAD" memetic crap, and the putdowns were more direct "TR Reds are scum" statements that were downright in-character with the setting here and there.

And I was in a two hour long defensive action in the canyon tunnel of doom. It was so packed my Raven Max (yeah I bought those with SC well before I made the character) was firing into a tiny gap in it and getting kill after kill.
  9. AFK1

LOL

of all the problems you could accuse planetside 2 of having, you went with "hackers"

the entire time I've played this game, the only hacking i've seen is some guy in a tank just flying around the map, who i can only assume was flyhacking

aim assist "hacks" or whatever you want to call them are pretty easy to detect, like it or not, you don't actually last long with prolonged use of an aimbot in any game with decent cheat detection/bans/moderation, if you want to see what a game with aimbots everywhere actually looks like, go play an unmoderated game that uses punkbuster, you'll learn the difference between dying because you're not good, and dying because there's hackers everywhere really fast that way

you had an easier time on a EU server, because EU servers are primarily populated with europeans
  10. Tragachinos

Well, Ceres has a lot less people hacking compared to Miller/Woodman and on average more mature players, at least in my experience. But sometimes it feels kinda underpopulated.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vivicector

Well, I have seen several obvious hackers on EU Miller (like guys headshoting from the walls, invicible uber-fast Reaver and other crap), but it is a rare occasion. Fine there.

VS on Miller suck by quite a bit. Probably, it is caused by a constant underpopulation though...
  12. Goretzu

There's definately blatent hackers on EU server (whether the number massively differs across the EU servers I dunno).

Then there will be X number of subtle hackers, but that number is impossible to know.

I dunno about the level of subtle hacking on Miller (as I said it's just impossible to tell, suspicions aside), but there definately still is a pretty high density of old PS1 players there (and therefore experienced players).
  13. Nocturn0l

Ceres feels underpopulated?

The exact same yesterday during prime time (22 pm) there were queues for both indar and esamir. If you notice any lack of organization you should check esamir. That's where most outfits went yesterday
  14. Cinnamon

But he is trying to get away from cheats.
  15. Earthman

Hello denialist #423152362346234. Thank you for your response.

I hope you enjoy this response, because it applies equally well to the many many identical denial posts I've seen before yours.

The cheats exist. The sites exist. They are a few keystrokes and one Google page away. As mentioned elsewhere, some outfits (On Waterson especially) brief their members on where to get ESP and "aim assistance" scripts and how to keep them low key, and your empty claim of how easy it is to detect the cheats flies in the face of the experience on this and just about every modern FPS.

Saying "it doesn't happen lol" is simply denying everything. Adding a tiresome "learn 2 play" only makes you seem dense and coarse. You seem awfully invested in making sure nothing is ever done to improve the game's vulnerability to cheating.

On a final note, the "EU servers are primarily populated with Europeans". What does that mean? Is this some silly patriotic nonsense?
  16. phreec

You don't know ****.
  17. Nocturn0l

We're gentlemen ;)
  18. Brandmon

Ceres turned out to be an awesome server for a strange number of reasons. In the case of hackers, I have a suspicion that it mainly has to do with the fact that it is not the server with the bulk of the population as Miller is and consequently is not the obvious target of hackers. Unfortunately Ceres is the exception rather than the norm, so one cannot be complacent. I'd say the conditions that make Ceres a fun server, while worthy of attention and study, is not a scenario easily repeated with other servers and also I suspect not indefinite once established.
  19. HadesR

I don't think we can ever prove which server has X more cheats that then other , but it's all about perception and enjoyment ... So glad you found a place that you enjoyed :)

Lol yup .. Our minor flaw is sarcasm in our genes ;)
  20. Brandmon

Indeed.

[IMG]

Ever more smug. Ever superior.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.