Tried new server (EU): Night and day.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Since you're playing that little game, I'll humor you one time.

Show me with logic and facts how, exactly, the statistics of a dedicated combat medic that's spent most of his game time reviving others (and occasionally serving as a Dalton/Zephyr gunner) have anything to do with the one thing I stand by in my OP:

That Ceres seems a more pleasant, fair, and enjoyable server, where I am performing better and am seeing a lot less questionable actions and events happening.

Where is the cut-off point for you and where am I allowed to have an opinion? What percentages with what weapons?

I have a simpler answer. Don't bother. Because beyond your tight circle of serious-business elitists, an opinion is an opinion and yours only has the stench of arrogance hiding behind numbers.
  2. Earthman

Conflicting evidence such as what logo I put up on my forum icon?

Please, read what you wrote again. You might find it as silly as I do.

Oh, and about the "people not taking me seriously", that's an awfully funny claim because I'm seeing roughly as much support as I'm seeing pointlessly toxic posts like yours on this thread.

And with the need to conjure my statistics from the handful of posters like you, why should I care how "seriously" you take me? Though from here it looks like you're taking me pretty seriously the more you post here with that stuff.
  3. Earthman

I'm assuming denialism is rampant on Mattherson. Heck, I bet a lot of the deniers are ON Mattherson, for reasons numerous and possibly accusatory on my part.

I can't say anything about Miller, except maybe, just maybe, I should take a peek in there. Maybe there's a difference between "competitive" and "people masquerading as competitive and using scripts to fit in".
  4. AFK1

Well I took an educated guess that you play as TR. That could easily contribute to your perception of "hacking"
  5. Earthman

What a strange opinion, to assume that someone with a TR logo has a "TR attitude" that presumes that people who play TR have a particular and exclusive psychological and sociological background.

Let me stop laughing at the e-prejudice before I continue. There.

I play all three factions. Unfortunately I've focused the most as a medic on TR and thought the logo looked the coolest. Because you have superior stats I presume you've awarded yourself with the honorary title of Faction Choice Psychologist. :rolleyes:
  6. AFK1

I'm not sure where you're getting this from

I said nothing about psychology, or "TR attitude", I'm speaking about the game mechanics. The fact that NC infantry is universally better can lead TR or VS players to suspect hacking moreso than an NC player

You seem eager to assume everyone has some kind of prejudice against you. I'm only pointing out objective facts about the weapon mechanics
  7. Commissar Penitus

I think your grasp on the difference between "fact" and "opinion" as you pushed around earlier in the thread took a steep nosedive when you started attributing personality traits directly to the choice of forum icon.

You're taking your own opinions way, way too seriously and I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head and wish you had less free time to think about how important your accuracy rating is with pretend space rifles.
  8. Commissar Penitus

So now the latest "objective fact" is that not only is NC infantry "universally better" but that you can read minds and surely know that VS and TR players are jelly of them?

Let it go, Earthman. Wait for someone to post who isn't trying to bait you with stupid crap like this.
  9. AFK1

Another redditor who thinks everyone is an internet psychologist

Once again, I said nothing about "reading minds" or jealousy. When the enemy kills you twice as fast, with higher accuracy, that can lead to false positives in the hackusations department
  10. Earthman

So you're saying that you're not reading minds, then go ahead and proceed to read the mind of an entire group of people in a game and say what they're thinking and what drives their behavior.

You think way, way, way too highly of your opinions if you think "objective facts" involve behavioral analysis of how people play video games and what color their armor is.
  11. AFK1

The factions go beyond the color of your gear. I don't understand why you think weapon mechanics are behavioral analysis
  12. Earthman

I've been asked the question before, a few times, by some people I know IRL that also game (though none of them play this):

"When will gamers and gamer culture be taken seriously?"

I now have a better answer than "I don't know." My answer will be the following:

"When gamers and gamer culture stop determining the self-worth, honesty, and value of others opinions based on their percentage accuracy with imaginary weapons, or diagnose behavioral and cognitive traits in entire populations of people based on what color armor they wear and what their forum icon is."

:)
  13. AFK1

If a bunch of human holy paladins and human disc priests play medics and go NC because blue+gold reminds them of stormwind, is the over saturation of healing and revives within a certain faction irrelevent, when it leads to an advantage?
  14. Commissar Penitus

You're claiming to know the thoughts of hundreds, thousands of people, and assume they all think the same way because you say so and your accuracy rating and K/D ratio make your opinion "objective fact" or whatever words you think sound impressive? Are you really that believing in your own self-importance and dismissive of us mere peasants?

You're starting to sound like a poster-boy for this kind of attitude down here:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/filthy-casual
  15. AFK1

Another redditor linking image macros 24/7
  16. Earthman

So you complain about "reddit psychologists" a short while ago and now you're making broad sweeping assumptions about vastly diverse human beings playing video games?

Your "objective facts" are hilarious at this point. Can I save them for later comedic use? I mean that. I want your permission. :)
  17. Negator

Earthman, do you not read my posts? Accuracy, head shot ratio have nothing to do with reviving people. Yes or no?

I presented my arguments, would you care to argue them rather then make blanket statements that dont answer anything?

Nobody said you cant. I did say you should put more stock in facts though.

What exactly is arrogant about what im saying? How am i 'hiding'? Am i hiding behind numbers when i say my Nissan 350Z goes faster then your smart car because its 3.5L V6 engine is more powerful then the energizer batteries in the smart car? Those are numbers too. Also facts.

Going back to your deafness (which is really hard because you feel the need to respond every 30 seconds with a whole bunch of emotion), before we even get to the difference on Ceres, it is a cold, hard, undeniable fact that your disability puts you at a severe disadvantage. Someone hears you shooting and moves on you. You dont hear him shooting and dont watch your flank. Bam, youre dead. The effects of being deaf must be very much like playing against opposition that ALL use ESP. Nevermind that the smaller pop on ceres means fewer recon darts, radar, people to spot, etc. And ill say it again, the more passive generally average skill on Ceres means fewer people flanking and giving the 'feeling' of being ESPd.

You know, i say these things about stats and perception because I do it. Every so often i get killed in a way i feel i shouldnt have and get frustrated. I'll look up the guys stats (accuracy, Head shot ratio, time between kills on killboard, KPM, etc) and see that it was a legit kill and I'll move on knowing that i got bested. People get frustrated. Its ok to be frustrated. Im just saying youre jumping to way too many conclusions and being overly emotional.
  18. Earthman

Saying "Reddit" as a putdown, is that an objective fact or do you need to increase your assault rifle accuracy by 5% more before you are allowed to do that?
  19. AFK1

But I didn't state that as a fact

In what you quoted, I was asking you a question

There is a difference between stating, and asking something. Remember declarative and interrogative from english class?
  20. Earthman

Projection is a funny thing. You talk about emotion (as if emotions were a bad thing) and certainly seem pretty fired up in this response. I'd be fine with that if it weren't for the projecting and the hypocrisy.

You also just made a sweeping assumption about the "skill" of people on Ceres. I'm sure the Ceres regulars that posted here already would be happy to hear about it.

As I said above, it's little wonder gamers aren't taken seriously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.