Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Kommon

Can't edit my message anymore... Here is a Virus Total scan for reassurance:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0c7f5277b49db450f26a5c68/analysis/1396449647/
  2. X-Rok

[IMG]
    WHY IS IT STILL HAPPENING. WHY.
    • Up x 4
  3. crazzyden85

Im have huge FPS increase after patch, but game crashed after 3-5 min from start. Last time game freezes , help only reboot.
  4. BillBoBaggins

Crash bang wallop,so much for 64bit reducing crashes.At least we have new helmets.
  5. ThaColaLover

Why NC has scopes that costs 5 certs but all the scopes on VS costs 30? If it is a bug please fix it
    • Up x 1
  6. Flurrs

Is there any possibility to run x32 client on x64 system? Droping from 120 to 15 fps is really painful...
    • Up x 2
  7. Flurrs

Is there any possibility to run x32 client on x64 system? Droping from 120 to 15 fps is really painful...
  8. Brainwayne

wuuut? you can't "optimize" art, that's impossibru!
  9. WarmasterRaptor

My computer ALWAYS ran this game perfectly.

Then there were patches.

OMFG1 and 2 put it back to a better state but not as it was.

Then other patches happened.

I haven't changed a single fragging piece of hardware on my Pc and have no problems with any games except with Ps2.

So it must be the hardware. Must be my keyboard since i use it to type words with it and I move it a bit.
    • Up x 3
  10. GaBeRock

Well, I was going to be angry about another random update, but this seems genuinely useful. Good job sony.
  11. Librux

YES I WANT MY 32-bit client back went from 60 FPS to 11-15 on the 64-bit PLEASE FIX THIS
    • Up x 1
  12. MacavitySWE

Very true, I really hate that overlapping UI crap :-I
    Now half the time I have to check my big map just to get an idea what the hacktimer is for the current base. It takes easily twice as long as just glancing over to the left of screen.
  13. GotCerts

Got a loading bar after 20 minutes of play stuck at 100% whenever I re-deploy, deploy and exit game to main menu. Had to close the game through task bar.
  14. Mrab Ezreb

there are a few games that (please excuse my geekiness for all those non-geeks out there) leave extra processes that, while doing things like reopening the launcher after a crash and such, also use up extra CPU and RAM space. PS2 64-bit seems to do this exact thing. PS2 now has TWO processes, planetside2.exe, and planetside2_x64.exe. I know it is fine to leave them alone, but my CDO won't let me (dang you OCD). IS IT OKAY TO END THE planetside2.exe PROCESS BUT LEAVE planetside2_x64.exe ALONE! I know that planetside2.exe barely uses any CPU, if at all, and uses about a solid 1 KB of RAM, BUT MY CDO WON'T LET ME! If planetside2.exe isn't needed, then why not stop it? If it is needed in conjunction with planetside2_x64.exe, then why not combine them into one? I don't know about other geeks with CDO, but I can't stand having a process running that is not needed! Either combine them, get rid of planetside2.exe, or make sure to say that planetside2.exe can be ended, as long as planetside2_x64.exe is left running. Sorry, but my CDO has more control over me than I do. :p
  15. SpyderSeven

Yea, those Magriders have some sexy curves ;P

It was honestly a nice feature, though. I've been trying to spin models and missing my life stats this morning :/
  16. B3cker

Getting more FPS now (x64 bit) but game crashes a lot more. I don't understand PCs nor this game.
    Stop with the weekly updates SOE. You ruin primetime and you're ruining more than you're fixing.
    • Up x 1
  17. Psychokiller22

x86 is a architecture that's been around since the 70's. 32bit is an extension of the architecture. The same with 64bit. Not sure where you're getting that.

Also 64bit has been supported since the Pentium 4; like a decade ago. It always takes software developers a long time to catch up. No idea why. I guess we think there's no need for that. Or we like the convenience of backwards compatibility. Which also explains why we're still using a 40 year old architecture.
    • Up x 1
  18. Bernd Lauert

So your fix for your non-working 32bit client is the rollout of that even more unstable and far from production quality 64bit client, that crashed twice in the first 15min of gameplay, has lowered fps and fps-hickups every couple of seconds. Who came up with that bright idea? I want to personally thank him for finally making the game completely unplayable for me.

PS: Because I'm way more patient than you might think, I tried another time after posting this. Full freeze crash after 3 seconds. I wasn't even able to leave the spawn. Drop me a note once you get your sh*t sorted out.
    • Up x 4
  19. Prikbord

Client crashes still happening...
    Don't get your hopes up, they fixed nothing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Riadi Abdennour

hello
    Unfortunately, the game did not operate for the 64 bit , maybe you should see this picture :[IMG]