Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. xBennie

It still says the error. And my anti irus says that it is a virus.
  2. SuecoViacho

'nother question: soe, you got a patch day and ist NOT today and also NOT yesterday, so why the hell you turn your already pretty disappointing weekly patch into daily patch?? (funny is that These 2 started just when i wanted to start to do some vandalism behind tr lines...=Play the game =/ )
  3. Yogist

I press play and this window pops up: The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  4. Goretzu

See my sig, unfortunately it's the best option. :(
  5. xBennie

I think more people have this launch/update problem. We just first can wait untill the maintenance is over.
  6. StellarHAZE

same here
  7. InvitroCanibal

"(If you are running a 16 bit processor, please put your original Super Nintendo back in the closet and load up PlanetSide 2)."

Ahaha

This post is great
  8. idoru78

Just temporarily disable your AV. I had the same issue and disabling AV until the update was complete fixed it.
  9. Speijker

My Antivirus (Avast) flagged it as well; reported it as a false positive and disabled my anti-virus for a few minutes; everything fixed.
  10. Goretzu

11. Doomzzg

It got the case of T-Ray on it, and your Vanguard is next
    http://i.imgur.com/2qwPu44.jpg
  12. xBennie

But how do i temp disable it? I have Avast! Antivirus
  13. Yogist

I sent a support ticket to SOE. I'll let you know what they do to solve the problem.
  14. Kommon

<OrigFileName>PlanetSide2_x86.exe.part</OrigFileName>
    <OrigFolder>C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2</OrigFolder>
    <Comment></Comment>
    <Virus>Win32:Hoblig [Heur]</Virus>
    <Category>Vir</Category>
    <Restore>yes</Restore>
    <TransferTime>1396447492</TransferTime>
    <FileSize>57875968</FileSize>

So yeah... false positive. I added an exclusion and restored the file.

For avast users (2014), open the Avast main window, go to the Scan section (Magnifying Glass on the left). Look on the bottom of the Scan page for 'Quarantine (Virus Chest)'. You should see 'PlanetSide2_x86.exe.part in the chest. Right click that entry and select 'Restore and add to exclusions'. That will restore the file to its original location and add a global exclusion in Avast for that file.

After you have done that, close the Planetside 2 launchpad if not done already, re-open it, and run a verify.
  15. xBennie

But how do i disable it? I have Avast! too.
  16. xPropane

New Sig. :)
    Takes me ages to do forum stuff :/
  17. Dill Bagner

Oh man, the new 64bit version is immensely faster than the 32 bit. You don't even have to wait for the game to load up before it crashes.

What ever happened to testing patches before putting them live? Wasn't that a thing people did at some point in history?
    • Up x 5
  18. Spyrius

So - how to install this x64 client? The downloader recognizes my CPU and updates to an appropriate client? Or what?
    • Up x 1
  19. xBennie

It worked! Thanks to all.
  20. Syn7ax

GOOD JOB SOE....... NOW MY CLIENT CRASHES BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTS LOADING......