Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Syn7ax

ohhh for dat is due to lack of prossecing speed.... to fix it just activate and deactivate >> vsync << option in the graphics settings ti should do the fix..... i used to have dat the problem too until i upgraded my graphics card!
  2. ARIES666

Game crashed twice today during day alert, i don't see difference between new client and the old one for x32 bit os. I have question, what is the difference between clients? Stop putting new useless pictures of helmets in the shop because we don't need this, we want new battle grounds, GIVE US HOSSIN ALREADY and many more places! Sometimes i think about "What happen with Planetside 2 if it will be made by not soe, sorry the best team in the World. When i saw Planetside for the first time, that raw closed beta, i was very impressed, but now i' starting to disappoint, of course soe make this game better, and worse at same time by not fixing bugs, crashes etc. I miss planetside 1, it was difficult when you start play, and awesome when you understand this game despite old game sounds and poor graphics, but gameplay was damn good, not this almost casual shooter for brainless schoolboys.
  3. MedLuke

Since they rolled back the 64bit client I've been getting alot worse framerates playing PS2 than I was having before the latest patch. It really feels like they didn't roll back to the same version of the client that was running before last patch :S

I used to get 20-25 FPS during big zerg fights across all continents on medium settings, now I had to switch them to low and even then I'm lucky to get 20 FPS sometimes...

There's definetly something odd going on that needs to be checked.
  4. Yudraciell

Keep dreaming. We all know DX is craptacular and would break the game further. If they want to improve that side of the API they would have to go OGL. The performance and the quality far surpass DX by a landslide.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/01/Why-you-should-use-OpenGL-and-not-DirectX

Not my blog or site, but a good reference. Feel free to cross reference it with other tests.
  5. Aelyn

Is it a new fea- I mean bug that the medkit doesn't work? I've wasted two or three now, only to have my health slide right back down to where it was a second later. Thanks SOE!
  6. ARIES666

When will be end for all this!!!?! Can we play with NORMAL ping at Miller server today?! Can we?! Why every patch you make you make it through a*s?! We sick of this!!! I surprised that company such as SOE make defective product as Planetside 2. You tell us that you disable game crashes but yesterday day alert my game client crashed two times during alert, and this bug when captured point started blinking without any enemy on it. Sometimes i think that this game was made by mexican illegals!
  7. Aelyn

That was probably an infiltrator with Stalker cloak.
  8. Alyz

The game is running stable now again (not sure if they reverted the 64-bit release) for me.
    The pop-up ads were removed, thank god. The UPGRADE NOW button and other advertisement (like the loading screen announcing the members-only XP weekends) could be more relevant, more up to date (yes, we know there were member-only double-XP weekends, but those dates are long due) and less IN YOUR FACE.

The "we have captured the point" announcements are currently the biggest No-No, especially in the German translation (it says "Wir haben die Kontroll-Konsole verloren", which translates back to "we have lost the controle-console") which just sounds aweful and is way too long.
    The only announcement EVER should be - if there HAS to be an audible announcement at all - "Control Point lost" IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CAPTURE EVENT WITHIN 30 SECONDS.
    Anything more is just distracting and annoying. Devs, please take into account:
    1) Audible announcements need to be as simple and clear as the visual GUI - KISS!
    2) Some players actually use the soundeffects and announcements as clues in making decisions. Any irrelevant chatter is distracting from infiltrator footsteps or spotting remarks.
    3) After a while (>30 seconds) of no activity on the map one may focus on other things, so an audible warning may be helpful. A "we won the control point" announcement is NOT helpful at all because it's expected and can change any second again, resulting in annoyance and frustration. In raging biolab fight, this happens every 5 seconds - NOT HELPFUL.

I appreciate the effort in making the game more diverse with more voices, but there's another small, more general problem with it: How do I know who made the remark?
    The previous situation was clear: one female/male voice for TR, NC, VS. If you know one voice, you know them all. Now, I get cold shivers whenever I hear a voice behind me remarking "Attention, enemy [whatever class I'm playing]", not knowing whether I was spotted by an enemy or a fellow vanu spotted an enemy. Please give a simple visual clue on source and target, then the whole thing actually makes sense.
    • Up x 2
  9. ARIES666

No it wasn't. Yesterday with our outfit we checked this bug. Captured empty base, then we left perimeter of point, it started to blink. Then we search for inf whole building, nothing, no enemies detected, then we left point in second time, the point started blinking again, so we decided to leave me on this point as lonely guardian))) and our platoon went forward. Every time i go from capture zone, point started blinking. Soe is so soe lol
  10. ARIES666

Cry me a reaver!! it made me laugh! nice one))))))))))
    • Up x 1
  11. ARIES666

Sorry for that :oops:
  12. Aelyn

When are they going to fix the game crashes? It just freezes for a few seconds and then *poof*, gone. And why does it always have to happen when I'm in an expensive vehicle so that even if I join right back in, you still wasted my resources? Oh, and why are you so keen on draining the fps every week? A few months ago, I could play on rather high settings and still get around 50-60 fps in most scenarios, that number is now decreased to 30-40, on even lower settings. You ruin more than you fix and you need to realize this if you want the game to survive (but I have my doubts that you do)...
  13. ARIES666

I had game crash yesterday again. I think they change something in game code with every patch, this is good and bad at same time. Good because of cheaters, they have to chenge cheats for every patch, and bad because of crashes and bad fps. I can tell you, that i didn't see any wallhack and super turbo reavers flying with light speed, i see less aimbotters with small battle rank. So i can tell i see progress in this way, but it still need fix.
    p.s. we want more battle groungs, we need Hossin.
  14. Librux

wow first week we have had no update to the game or is it later today or tomorrow. Personally i want hossin out soon. But meh if there is an update today dont break anything please SOE.
  15. Dalteonis

Does the 64 bit client install automatically on steam?
  16. FBVanu

Don't use steam.. not for PS2.. check these forums.. do not, repeat, do not use steam.
  17. Dalteonis

Why not?
  18. FBVanu

Look into these forum threads, search for Steam..
    everybody says it is the worst way to get into PS2
    the updates get blocked, sometimes, the games plays slower etc..

do your research.. you will be happier without steam