Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. A80501-60

it just needed to be said again.
    • Up x 2
  2. Osskscosco

Get a better PC.
  3. Garrand

And again, and again, until people get it through their heads. The biggest tip-off that it's a bad rumor is that there isn't ever one number agreed upon, it's always a different number.
    • Up x 2
  4. Natir

Rendering just about anything is a joke right now.. You get more than 150 players in one area and it goes to ****... no matter what happens.... Kinda sad..
  5. Digital_Voodoo

There have been so many posts about this already. The developers know this is an issue, as well as the FPS issues, and I'm 100% sure they are working on it. Just sit tight, and be a little patient.
  6. Mansen

I love how half of this thread is OP not making sense, and the other half being people trolling OP.
  7. Lancener

Earlier today I used a jump pad to go to another tower, started walking to the next jump pad. Suddenly a Max popped in directly in front of me with no one else around. Wish I had been recording it there is no chance it was lag.

Back in beta I ran out of a spawn room and a group of people didn't render until I was in the middle of their group.

Agree it's the largest problem in the game; my idea for a solution: instead of people rendering based on how many people in a region, how about in a 100m-'x'm area around a player all players must load based on a slider the player chooses how far. Further than that is based on amount of people in the region. Also only fully loading players in front of you and anyone not on your screen have rendered to the lowest detail possible.
  8. Babylon Rocker

Thats ********, if the server doesnt tell your client that there are players than your client cant tell the server that you hit them can he?
  9. Orion ji

....and do you know why it only uses 2 cores?because then casuals can play the game, thus increasing the income potential for SOE, as well as the computer companies when little johnny whines to mommy to buy him new pc to play the game. :).... it's almost like there's a conspiracy?
  10. VioletViridian

Lol, thought I'd take a look. Mine is set to -1
  11. Althalos93

I think the first thing they need to fix is the lag I don't even aim down the sights anymore because of it.....
  12. Stocking

-1 is actually infinite, it's the default render distance, and that distance has nothing to do with players or vehicles, as those things are determined by the server rather than the client.
  13. ClassifyLP

It's a hard coded limitation... it doesn't matter what your specs are.
    • Up x 1
  14. sagolsun

Can't afford one.
  15. IAmTheSoldier

Rendering issue, FPS issue, Players teleporting inside while protective shield is activef in base and not to mention Aimbot/hackers are already in many many high numbers. This game will be dead before it rise like APB. I can smell failure of this game. Look at DOTA and other games they are in beta for 1+year and still under development fixing flaws and performance issues.

SOE/PS2 developers knew they have issues with game and the engine. With rendering to FPS issues in big battles & they went release in just 2-3 months?. I have had this and many issues also, my system is capable of high end gaming but this game is worse optimized for multi-core CPUs. Ye i know they are still working on fixing this and that but this is not good idea of marketing. Why game companies are adopting milk-the-money-F2P-modal when one knows that it's game has flaws. Game is total frustration, i almost give up on it already.

Sucks for you people who paid for it or bought station money. Game has no anti-cheat so it's Hackers heaven atm. Players shooting me down with assault rifles from 100m in 1 shot (no headshot) which is big bollocks.

@Osskscosco: wish your mother had given you some brains when you were born but too bad she was on drugs at time i can guess it. Because that was totally ******** comment "get a better PC" everyone has better PC some of them made by themselves because they got job. Not everyone is living on his mother's creditcard like you do you stupid bum.
  16. Moshboss

Flying a gunship like a boss when all of a sudden a pole appears 1 meter in front of my cockpit. No longer flying gunship like a boss.
    • Up x 1
  17. Swatmat

mate your system is by modern standards middle range at best, overclock your i5 to 4ghz + and get more than 4 gig of ram, this isnt 2006, and a 560TI please a last gen middle range card, no wonder you cant run it properly.
  18. Oselation

Character location and character rendering aren't the same thing. Location is just a small bit of data telling your client the enemy is at X, Y, Z.
  19. KlyptoK

Yeah but that doesn't have anything to do with the infantry rendering issue.
    • Up x 1
  20. BeefPie

Guys. Jesus. Your rig doesn't have much to do with this at all. I had it earlier where I was scoping as an Infiltrator and the enemy will just disappear about 200m away. It is ridiculously bad, as playing infiltrator is actually pointless at the moment. Would like a slider or similar in the options to adjust settings for PLAYER render distance, even if they are altered by the no. of players in the game. What about a slider giving you an option for the most possible at one time down to the current system?
    • Up x 1