Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. PlayerOneSVK

From this issue for example LIBERATORs are tottaly underpowered bricks in 42+ Battles just 4 + 2 Maxes look at sky and they are shooting at you LOCK ONs everything and you look with ZOOM 2x and NOTHING IN GROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. PlayerOneSVK

Only coming Rockets to your FACE
  3. Kristan

Holy crap that one epic necro! :eek:

22.11.2012, right after game release! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. Copasetic

And it's still a problem 15 months later. Admittedly it's gotten much better in that time, but vehicles are still being taken out by invisible infantry in bigger fights.
  5. Takoita

Eh, Eisa Tech Plant fights still drop infantry render distance to ~15m or less within the central building on a daily basis.
  6. NBA JAM

SOE thought you would like a dumb OP crossbow side-arm instead. Meanwhile they promote the WDS event with even more silly changes to the scoring which drive the game further away from the good things that Planetside 1 offered. Nowhere in there do we have anything about rendering distances and FPS issues.

But they keep pumping out new **** to distract you with... I think they're listening to their community.
    • Up x 1
  7. LordMondando

Lol this threads back is it. Anyway the obvious statement is simply that OP I think you need to get a realistic picture of what modern computers can do at a comfortable framerate.
  8. Spectre 694

This post is over a year old and someone decides to revive it even though the OP was wrong about the problem. It is a loading issue. Does your PC load the game instantly ? Your PC takes time to load different models and textures. When entering a new highly contested area (especially in a plane) take it slow. Not only does your PC take time, so does getting info from server. Different areas of the continent can be divided unto different servers so you receive information from different sources. The terrain is not affected by lag but player positions are.

Rendering distance is constant but take into consideration that when you switch in and out of zoom . rendering priorities change.
  9. willowstyle

the 350m limit on inf when in esf is a joke for 1 year.
    rush them at vertical with ab it become 150m or less.
  10. PlayerOneSVK

Nope.. Ok we can revive but still rendering distance is horrible.... Look example of lying LIBERATOR INF are shooting at you and you can see just rocket and light on ground that is all....
  11. Maljas23

This. Big problem here.
  12. IamDH

Woodland? [IMG]

To get on topic: I believe this is due to hardware limitations. If you didnt already know, 64bit is coming but i dont think its realistic to expect you to render all that stuff and not get a major FPS hit.