Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. shota

i think its your Internet connection\ping, in all mmo there many players in one location for example lineage 2 in giran market you will have the same issue, you not only don't see enemy but have to wait for loading them, and don't forget you are not the only with low ping, other people may have low ping too, i often saw vehicle what spinning around or people run in air and disappearing.
  2. KlyptoK

You obviously haven't seen it, especially in Beta. When you do, you know right away it's not a high ping issue.

I wish I could find that other video of this.
    • Up x 1
  3. Roadhouseman

this is so god damn right .... :cool:
    • Up x 1
  4. shota

then tell me what will be if one player have ping 200 and another 30. That problem have in all online game! but you may not see it because some game for example on windows live platform have restricted for ping more then 30+ you cant enter on server.
  5. archelios

why exactly is this in technical support
  6. Lemonlol

Dude I'm pretty sure it's just your computer not being good enough. I think you should probably get a new one.
  7. Darjk

There is too much idiocy in this thread, so I'm going go ahead and clear up some things.

The OP is referring to the distance before a PLAYER renders. This is not a graphical issue. This is not a FPS issue. This is a NETWORK issue.

If there are 50-100 players in one area and you're driving along in a sunderer, they WILL NOT render until you're pretty much running them over and dying to 500 rockets coming at you. This isn't because of 'lag' in the rendering pipeline. This is lag due to the server-related occlusion. The server doesn't send you data of every other player, only those near by and relevant. As more people enter an area, to handle sending data to everyone, the occlusion distance is reduced.

The complaints about 30-40fps lag is down right ********. A human eye can't even process (interpret) frames that high unless they're amped up on adrenaline.

This is NOT a thread about render distance, but network-related occlusion.
  8. C4Chaos42

Future core not all same is problem but not a fun issue dealing developer are investigating after optimizing 32bit graphic motor

You are unable to buy this game, it's free. You may however choose to buy ingame cash to accelerate your ingame monetary acquisition of resources required to obtain a desired item (not all of them).
  9. illinar

I think It's not about rendering distance, it's about getting info from the server. Server doesn't send you information about distant players to save the bandwidth, and it resaults in this problem. That's my guess. And the point is that it is not easy to "fix".
  10. Stocking

For those who don't understand what this is in reference to:

Watch the bodies on the ground that suddenly appear, the pop-in of other TR players, and the sudden pop-in of the NC by the cap.

This is an issue that affects *everyone*. It happens in highly populated areas, i.e. tech-labs, as seen in this video. The render distance can be reduced to as low as 5-10m. If you have not noticed it, you either play on a lower pop server and avoid heavily populated fights, or you are extremely unobservant. It is obviously most noticeable while playing Light Assault.

It is a terrible problem, especially on servers such as Mattherson with huge populations almost all the time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stocking

Because it's a problem on their end that we want fixed, or at least want a response for? And it's a problem that exists for every single person, whether they realize it or not? Where else should it be posted?
  12. KlyptoK

Because they all appear at the exact same time when you get closer. Just look at the videos in this thread.

Do I really need something better than a 3770K at 4.2GHz and a GTX 280 2 GB? What system do you have?

This is exactly right.
    • Up x 1
  13. PlayerOneSVK

Yeah really nice EXAMPLEs !
  14. Timmy2Fast

This has to be one of the most incorrect and ignorant things I have read all day. load of horse **** . Thanks for the laugh though.
    • Up x 4
  15. audiodistortion

Blinking players in large battle is a little annoying. This NEEDS to be addressed.
  16. gunphantom

People Blink, vanish, shoot me while invisible... My computer is new and these are my specs.... from what i can tell BETA worked 100% better than release.
    windows 7
    intel core i7-2700k cpu @ 3.50ghz
    16gb ram
    64 bit OS
    Nvidia Grforce GTX 570
    internet
    ping 7
    download speed 25mbps
    upload 3.7 mbps
  17. sagolsun

Good post - infantry popping up is a result of server lag and bad occlusion checks. Also bad netcode - the server should do occlusion based on the bandwidth and processing power of the client with possibility of adjusting manually - not the generic hoopla bullfeces we have now.

A difference between 45 and 60 fps can't be seen by the eye but can be felt when aiming and firing. The feedback with 45fps is too slow, 60 is average. There's a reason people invest in 120Hz monitors and rigs - it feels smoother.

If there's no feedback loop then there's no difference to feel.
  18. DorkSided

Had it happen to me in a massive battle at hvar tech plant yesterday. People would pop in 5-10m around me so I changed my startegy to spray every corner endlessly and got ton of kill from killing people I couldn't see.
  19. Iceflame

Strange, in my experience you can't hit people you don't see even if they are there.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zerolimitz

i have to agree the rendering distance when there loads of people on screen is a joke and really needs fixing honestly when i heard the developers made the engine from the ground with 1000s of players on the map in mind they must have known that you cant have a render cap that's a joke in an fps or even in mmo's that do that. but saying that the engine is great and runs good but these things are not minor there a huge deal in such a big massive game with loads of people on screen. hopefully we get some info from the developers letting us know what they plan to do and not leave the player base in the dark.

also my spec

System
    CPU - Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz oc 5GHz
    Cooling - BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler
    Ram - Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB oc 1866MHz
    Motherboard - Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3
    Graphics - ASUS GTX 580 Matrix Platinum
    Soundcard - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    Fan Controller - NZXT Sentry LX
    PSU - Corsair Professional Series AX1200W
    SSD/HDD - OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120GB x2 + 3x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
    Case - Silverstone Fortress 2 w window