Rendering distance of players is a BIG JOKE !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Nov 22, 2012.

1. qazqazqaz

This is definitely lag you're experiencing. We all had it yesterday, was pretty rough day for servers. Got way better in the night.
  2. PlayerOneSVK

Jessus i am playing since keys you can get via Tweeter so listen up if you DONT KNOW HOW WORKs this game:

When big battle comes RENDERING DISTANCE of players will LOWER example to : 50 Meters to REDUCE lags/FPS drops in big scale of battles and THAT SUCKS becouse you can see only 50m in front of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. lPaladinl

I did read and it hurt my brain cells to compute the ammount of ******** was involved.

Point still is, The Devs KNOW. And they are WORKING ON IT.

So just shut up, relax, and find a way to have some fun while they work things out and make their game work better.
    If your 50m render distance sucks, then try hoping out of your airplane for once and playing infantry. At least then at 50m you can see people to shoot.
  4. Metallideth

this needs to be fixed badly. Having whole platoons appear in front of you is pretty horrible. It's like when codeforge messed with the render distance the last 20min of beta. Now we're getting almost the same thing now :(
    • Up x 2
  5. technocoma

Seen both issues, one being lag we had on EU server miller last night where stuff would just appear and disappear but also the draw distance just seem random for players. Sometimes you can be sniping and you go to aim at a guy and they just disappear, doesn't ever seem to be a standard range and that's been an issue since start of beta.
    • Up x 1
  6. PlayerOneSVK

No !! Becouse Stupid Anti Air M.A.X + all inf units can see GROUND vehicles to 300 meters and NOW listen AND AIR vehicles can see to 800 SO THEY CAN SHOOT YOU DOWN and YOU cant see them !!!!!!!!!
  7. raw

To be fair, if they wouldn't do that, we'd probably all have 5 FPS in big battles.
    • Up x 1
  8. PlayerOneSVK

And do you know why ??? becouse this game using only 2 cores !!!
    • Up x 1
  9. Daish

liberators are kind of broken because of how low they have to fly at the moment because of this
  10. lPaladinl

You can edit your game files to permantly give you a higher render distance. And yes, it gives some people an edge.
  11. qazqazqaz

How about you read my comment once again and see it wasn't adressed to you?
  12. Spliffey

I can understand your gripe with the rendering distance issues, but complaining about 30-40 fps being unplayable? Wtf? First of all, the dev's recently made a sticky where they said they are working on the fps issues night and day, it's one of the highest priorities atm. Second of all, you don't BUY this game, it's F2P. That means you should keep an open mind towards the development and optimization of the game, especially so shortly after launch. And last, you sound terribly entitled for someone who hasn't payed a dime -yet- (correct me if im wrong), you'd better simmer it down a bit.
    • Up x 4
  13. Thentar

I'm a pilot so I feel your pain but your ignorance on the issue is not serving you well.
    First off 64 bit wouldn't make much of a difference at all and damn sure doesn't mean that more cores will be used.
    The render issue isn't so much graphically related but more network related for one and second it has to do with the physics processing.

Me as a pilot have a birds eye view which means if they just chucked everything at me my machine, which is better then yours (see my signature), would grind to a halt. It isn't just rendering a bunch of little troops on the battle field but dealing with all their shots and the physics involved.

In some ways I look at it as a balancing issue too. Me as a pilot can totally destroy infantry. Large numbers of infantry. If I could see them from 500m out then they'd have no hope. The rocket issue isn't as bad as you make it out to be because either A) you'll get lock on notices even if you can't see them, though there seems to be a bit of a bug there but nothing major, or B) you are hovering and got taken out by normal rockets or tank shells etc.

Just because of the pure power differential, I as a ESF/Lib pilot, don't have an issue with the current set up.

I also know that they are still optimising network code and all to make the big fights smoother so in actuality my job will only get easier, all other things remaining the same.

Don't like it? Don't play ... it is Free 2 Play and no one is forcing you here.
    • Up x 1
  14. PlayerOneSVK

Look... ok i ll get permantly higher render distance of OBJECTs or of PLAYERs ? Now reply me !
  15. Santiago

I really, really, really doubt that the processor is the bottleneck.
  16. qazqazqaz

I'm getting more convinced that this guy is just a troll so I went ahead and reported him.

This is a technical support forum section. If you want to get a technical support or report a bug then do it properly instead of raging, caps'ing and insulting other readers.
    • Up x 3
  17. direwind

I know this issue well, as a sniper this is the main issue for me. you aim at a target, then it just disappears then appears again, or you get shop by a sniper that hasnt even rendered in...

The Op is not a troll.

He is talking about the player clipping issue, and the CPU multithread + performance lock this game has atm
    • Up x 1
  18. Maxus70

I had a really hard time to read this OP's posts because of the random ******** he writes (random caps in the middle of his sentences?). I have no issues playing so far and have loads of fun.

I'm always at a steady 30 FPS and considering that not even World of Warcraft can keep people above 30 FPS with 200 people in the same area, they're doing a good job :)

The game has been out for 2 days. Give them some time, if they haven't fixed your issue in a good week or two, then you have the right to complain :)
  19. Toxicmix1

the devs need to find some way to force good cpu´s to use all the power it can possibly use, to feed the gpu´s in big battles....that´s the key thing......and that´s the cause for the drops in battles
    • Up x 1
  20. runekey

I agree. Render distance for other players could be increased. Many times as an Infiltrator an enemy would side-step out of my render distance, effectively shielding them from my weapon designed for long-range shots.