[NC] WASP Inc [Miller-EU]

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Core, Aug 6, 2012.

1. EvilJollyT

Gotta love a gracious winner.
  2. YamiNoTenshi

I present to you, my shotgun, it kept hitting on you so many times I thought it was only fair to let you take it as your wife.

It was a very fun game, I hope we can play bug free next time so we'll be able to actually play in platoons instead of running around in semi coordinated blobs while having no idea where your squadleader is :)

All hail WASP! <3
  3. Bvenged

You should say hi to my Mag-Shot pistol, it greeted your face as I collapsed to the floor from your shotgun! That was the best part, killing Yami and yet dying at the same time to Yami. Made me chuckle at the chances of it happening.

That's how equal this match was in my eyes, ignoring the obvious disadvantages. We were killing each other at the same time. Watching the livestream now and many times we ended our clashes with 90% dead on both sides and the victor was whoever had the medics still alive.
  4. Dotz0r

Killing WASP sundies all match-long, you guys were really churning them out! Almost ran out of C4 :D

We could not advance, we ran out of resources to leave the base efficiently - WASP air kept us from venturing past our noses. Caught bvenged sleeping a few times and kinda got a bit carried away with chasing aphellior around the base a few times, he got me lost at one point - which i thought was quite unfair because all i wanted was to hug him with my chain balde. Nice to see Emitz make a guest appearance, with his usual Air-sidekicks of miller, i looked at the sky and was like "nope".

WASP put the effort in, would have been good to see the outcome had the roles been reversed and every bug was sorted.

Until next time. GG WASP.
    • Up x 1
  5. YamiNoTenshi

I have to admit, I kinda felt like the grand prize every time I got in a mossie and got sandwitched by multiple reavers every time :)
  6. Epoch/Eep

Space pinata. Who said the mozzie is low profile :)

[IMG]

It was great fun guys. We were all buzzing afterwards although i wish u lot could see the problems we were having as it sounds a bit of a cop out. Check the uploads we get up and you can see how funny and awful a time we were having :p

Basically for the first 30 mins anytime someone died they had to relog(Turns out it was the first 10 mins but no1 told air because we werent dying much hehehehe woot). There was an awful lot of infantry dying :) Eventually they worked out to leave the platoon. Air guys didnt even bother. We needed each others location. So we all relogged each death.
  7. Bvenged

I got to give it to you, I think round 2 will be just as interesting as the first :p
  8. Epoch/Eep

Its like some red neck hill billy rivalry over a moonshine recipe i love it :p
  9. Dotz0r

So does cletus.... i mean yami.
  10. YamiNoTenshi

Where's the old pair of Ulys undies I wrote the recipe on? I think someone stole it...
  11. Bvenged

WASP was romping around on Indar Tonight (29/10/13). We had nearly 6 full squads up and we caused a lot of pain for the TR and VS.

3 infantry, 1 armour, 1 air and 1 adaptive.

Did you see us? Did you feel our presence? It would be more of a surprise if you didn't as we were waging war on all of the fronts for 2 hours.

Thanks to all of those WASP who attended.
    It's good to see you can be big, coordinated, efficient, effective and organised, all at once!

Watch this space, potential video footage coming soon.
  12. Dotz0r

30/10/2013

Even despite the war, rebel scum and glorious Terran can come together in unity against a common foe. The undead spandex menace.

What happened in grey heron, stays in grey heron.

All rumors of TR helping WASP / DL survivors are false, official records state that a galaxy bearing the Republic crest was en route to the "we hate emitz club" meeting. TR officers were shocked to find so many WASP AND DL and even emitz himself had turned up to the meeting. Reports of some spandex riffraff with a knife was also reported shouting "Brains" however with post-investigation no brains were found in any of the NC present.

P.S sorry bout that sundy-spawn-entire-tr faction incident ! - blame 252!

But seriously, was good to see WASP not be complete trolls unlike certain TR / NC outfits during the zombie event. Was fun getting zerged besides you. (Except that one guy - scandic? who cut and run and left us to die! :p )
  13. Dinapuff

Bumping to remind people of the friday night NCTO operation. Time to kick *** and chew bubblegum with outfits from the entire NC faction.
  14. Bvenged

The following is an NC WASP officers' account of the evening on Miller, roughly true to how we experienced it, but streamlined and fictionalised for a bit of a fun read.

Thanks to those who organised this event, it was fun when it wasn't being messed around with by ne'er-do-wells.

Folk 'round here, they don't like to talk about Grey Heron. Problem is, people need to know the truth.

Rumours had it that the people up North by the current Vanu Warpgate on Esamir try and bait you with hospitality and then eat your brains while you're sleeping. Folk lore, we know... or so we thought until 30/10/2013.

[IMG]

The Rumours were True

We heard about the Vanu Sovereignty experimenting with those Grey Heron locals. So we sent out a patrol. Aside from a few Terran Pig Patrols keeping their livestock in check, we determined they were nothing but rumours.

Then we heard it. Over the radio.

*Kcccch* Amerish ... *fssch* Vanu experiments gone wrong ... *click* ARX Reserve ... Crux Mining *Kccch* unusual Vanu behaviour *Pffttcsschh*

...and then silence.

WASP comm's were quiet and on edge having heard the radio. We warped on over to Amerish but were plagued by dodgy Nanite Rematerialising machinery. None of our carbines, LMG's, equipment or utilities worked correctly so we had to use the only tools we could materialise: Shotguns.

Coincidence perhaps? Let's just blame Terran Saboteurs infiltrating our corporate Nanite Machinery suppliers. Nevertheless, we pressed on out of our warpgate and headed for the distress calls... the Vanu Sovereignty frontlines.

Upon first arrival it was eerily quiet. It seemed we weren't the only ones who heard that specific radio frequency; corporate and people-funded Freelance Militia were stationed at Crux, yet over in the distance we could see the red glow of Terran-sponsored Paramilitary groups at ARX Reserve. The only noise that filled the air was the sounds of patrolling ESF's and the low grumble of diesel engines.

The First Encounter

It was then we saw a lone Vanu stumbling over a Northern hilltop just outside of the Mining site.

Something didn't look quite right about him. He was clearly in the open, and showed no interest in firing his weapon, yet he was sprinting right at us. This poor sod was dropped by the almighty blast of an NC gauss-powered shotgun, but still there was no cry of pain from that odd soldier. He just sort of... took it and collapsed.

I was running over to investigate the young Vanu grunt when we heard shots being fired. They weren't gauss-powered sounds, but more like that of gunpowder from Terran ammunition as it was coming from across the valley... from ARX. I looked up to see an almighty explosion as a Vanu galaxy hurtled from the VS warpgate ablaze, diving right into a distant Terran armour column.

The Fall of the Empires

From this point forth, it was Hell on Auraxis.

Hundreds and hundreds of Zombie Galaxies filled with the infected were leaving the warpgate in the direction of the Terran-held ARX Reserve. We could only watch as the horror unfolded and the screams echoed from one side of the valley to the other. Later reports accumulated an average, not an estimate, of 600 zombies flowing from Vanu Territories across the continents.

"WASP, we need to move! Head West, regroup on the hillside. Gogogo!"

We shifted it 200m west, but as I glanced at the minimap HUD on my visor I could see the blue-bathed base behind us slowly turn purple. I daren't turn around to see such a sight for myself.

"Keep moving, keeping moving! Don't stop, just go!" cried out our Batallion commander Ulysees.

Cooperation between Red and Blue Survivors

WASP spent the next 2 hours running from this undead nightmare. We had to abandon Amerish and the forces there to hold back the spread on Esamir.

It was here we decided to combine our efforts with the republic and strike with a unique contingency comprising of the Terran Paramilitary outfit Better Red than Dead and an NC Militia force helmed by Digital Legion with the support of WASP. The enemy of your enemy is your friend, and so with this contemporary alliance we moved against Ground Zero of the infection: Grey Heron.

During this armistice we plundered Terran field equipment, and abused the Terran's supreme attitudes as bait for tee Zombies while we dealt with the infection as best we could.

It was not enough. We were overrun. Many NC and TR were lost to the undead.

Aftermath and Truth

I awoke the next day, and couldn't recollect much, but I was briefed by my employers.

Turns out this was a biological weapon the Vanu attempted to use against us, but it backfired. They tampered with Nanite Technology with a bacterial agent that turns any soldier into an undead martyr, that can only use its knife. Since the contagion couldn't be quarantined sufficiently, all 3 factions agreed to destroy their Nanite respawner technology in a short ceasefire and roll back to older models of the hardware in order to purge the bacteria-infected Ninites. Once that was done everyone who was infected were respawned as their own selves.

"What happened in Grey Heron between Freelance Militia and Paramilitary outfits alike, stays in Grey Heron" the Terrans keep chiming. They do not like to admit they fail sometimes, but in the act of FREEDOM the people of Auraxis need to know the true potential of the enemies that go so unnoticed. The VANU SOVEREIGNTY are the biggest danger of us all, to us all. We fight for freedom against the TR and for our lives, but we fight against Vanu Sovereignty for our humanity.

The Vanu's propaganda machine churning out what they call a "success" against the TR and the NC. They still fail to recognise the dangers of biological weapons and messing with Nanite respawners. New rumours are circulating that this may not be the last time the Vanu try this.

• Up x 2
  15. YamiNoTenshi

Their efforts to create a super fish soldier went horribly wrong...

I really enjoyed reading that story :)
  16. Bvenged

Thanks Yami, it was fun to write.

But by-god snip that quote down in size will ya'!
  17. YamiNoTenshi

Never! I could've snipped it but that wouldn't have been nearly as annoying :D
  18. AquaKiller

The only solution then is to get this thread to the next page as soon as possible! :)
  19. Sovereign533

I agree aquakiller.

But for a bit more content in this post.

Yesterday was a day where the entire NCTO worked together. With WASP we had a casual squad that seamlessly converted to an organized squad. The fights were nice and we did quite a few point defenses and just being annoying to the enemy to distract a group of enemies 2/3rds our size.

The results of the NCTO was a bit lackluster tough. We only managed to win a biolab alert with 6 out of 9 biolabs, capture Amerish and Esamir at the same time. To be honest, next time we should really get our act together and capture Indar as well. The performance of the NCTO was appalling. /sarcasm =p
  20. Bvenged

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

NCTO is back, baby!
    After a long 4 month hiatus, NCTO is back in its new form.

If anybody says the population was the advantage to our success last night: We had 39% population by the end of the Alert, but we did start the Alert being nearly warplocked on Indar by VS and TR. I think we held about 4 territories.

So a couple of the outfits made a quick snatch-and-grab of the Biolabs on Amerish while the rest moved to keep Esamir secure, then a few more made a valiant effort for Allatum before focusing on capping Amerish and Esamir instead

2 hours later, we've won an alert with Mani, Andvari, Ymir, Ikanum, Onatha and Xelas Biolabs under our control, and the continent cap on Esamir and Amerish.

Pretty successful night all in all between the 10-12 outfits that got involved! GG.