[NC] WASP Inc [Miller-EU]

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Core, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Dotz0r

Your population was an advantage.

Felt good to be underpopped, 3 TR outfits trying to hold back the VS and NC hitting TR trying to attack / defend several at once but alas, we got sponged in one to be taken by vs in another, Was a bad night for TR at 27/30% pop its a shame we let the NCTO win last night though.

*takes his ball and goes home*

We would have got away with it, if it wasn't for that meddling NCTO!
  2. Lakora

Ooh, look at that Wasp is still around. It's nice to still see the familiar tag on the battlefield.
  3. Arphelior

Heyhey Januk!
    Yep, we're still very much here! :D
  4. Lakora

Gotta apologize for getting inactive like that summer came up lol. But now back home but stuck in college. xD
  5. Bvenged

WASP is still recruiting. Reserve your space for free cookies (cookies not included).

Achoo!

http://www.wasp-inc.com/

Gesundheit.
  6. Lakora

Do what he says, you get free vaccinations towards WASP stings.

Psst... It's a secret but never fly with Arphelior he'll make sure you always crash.
  7. Arphelior

Hey, I only tend to ram enemies when I'm flying a skywhale! ... :D

Based on:
  8. Lakora

Ooh, god... I remember ramming hostile ESFs with the wings of the Galaxy... You know what Arph, since I'm too lazy to look what's the requirements for activity now a days?
  9. Bvenged

Probationers should try and get online for prime-time events as often as possible so we can make a good judgement on your performance and drive for teamplay. But more importantly, it lets you judge how you fit in with our community.

Members need to attend at least 1 operation a week, be it NCTO, Outfit Coop or the WASP Operation. Absence for more than 2 weeks will need a notice; unannounced absence will see you removed after a month unless you become active again.

- We usually bend this rule to just say "be active". We aren't oblivious and we would like to see you online for any primetime events you can, be it sessions, operations, training or competitive events. 1-2 a week should suffice if solid attendance is not a guarantee.

It's why we have a very healthy 120+ active members in the outfit now, and why nearly 100 of them are on every week.

I see that you're an ex-member of WASP PS2, so we won't put you through the entire probation period but instead offer you a short lightweight version to see if you've still got a taste for us, and if you can keep up :p

At the end of the day, if it's personal commitments or RL that's holding you back, we'd understand your limited activity. If it's other leisure activities, then I'd be cautious: Apparently we're doing something right in WASP as player attendance and retention is quite high these days :p
  10. YamiNoTenshi

They should also be ready to be dropped into a BRTD MAX bath without notice.
  11. Lakora

At the end of the day once a week minimum should be doable. Got horrible travel times lol, 2h to n from college, I spend more time on the darn train then I actually do in lectures most days.

I'm glad that's still a requirement, need to get those resources for more C4 now. Always seem to be below 10 at a time. :S
  12. huller

I have trouble deciding weather we should set up a bath full of MAXes or set up a bath with a MAX as company.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sovereign533

Yesterday we had one of our weekly sessions. This session was what we call "last man standing". In this session we aren't allowed to respawn. If you die, you die. You are allowed to get rezzed by medics but that's it.
    We then proceed to place us in front of the biggest force on the server we can find and wait for them to try to push us out. Not respawning brings a whole new difficulty level and learns players where to stand and when. It also helps perfecting our point defense strategy.

The fact we held out for about 20 minutes while being outnumbered 2 to 1 against ZoE MAXes and tanks shelling us from the outside says a lot for the defensive strength the NC has in its potential. On top of that it's a lot of fun.

Apart from that it was my first time squad leading. I've been a member of WASP for over a year now, but I've never been a squad leader. And I thought it would be nice to dip my toes into it yesterday. I had a very good squad with some very experienced members and some very good probationers. I was well supported in my squad leading by all involved, be it the old guys, the experienced guys and the leadership.
    We also let new players try out squad leading if they want. We can never have to many potential squad leaders online. WASP is a very good community for people who want to pick up squad leading. And we'll give you help and support in doing so. We will also give you guidance and training in how to command your squad members. The first time you'll have an experienced squad leader by your side as back-up, so we won't throw you in the deep end.
  14. Ulysees

Alas poor recruitment thread, I knew you so well!

WASP is still going strong, normally platoon strength activity for operations and 2-3 squads active on normal organised play sessions. Combined arms play with a heavy focus on teamwork and always looking for ways to improve our play I think are the key reasons why WASP is going from strength to strength but we are always on the look out for team orientated players who want to wear the blue and yellow of Smurfdom with pride!

Getting active on the scrim scene as well at last with a recent match up against BRTD on Nexus a couple of weeks ago (though with the bugs we encountered there the less said about that the better as it was not our finest hour) and a match against DWG hopefully taking place this week the competative scene is something that seems to be tickling some of our players tastebuds at the moment!

So if you are looking for good, cohesive squad play on a casual level or something more focused on outfit V outfit fights on PTS we are becoing a one stop shop! Join today at http://www.wasp-inc.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=4
  15. Bvenged

I just want to point out, we've been averaging 50-70 players across 6 squads these past few weeks for our weekly prime-time operation.

Common Operation Setup
    1 Armour squad
    1 Air squad
    1 Adaptive squad
    3 Infantry squads

That's how it's done!
    If you say we zerg, I'll cry and laugh at the same time. You couldn't be more wrong of our playstyle. You can be immensely effective in the big fights with the right assets doing the right thing.

A little organisation goes a long way. A lot of organisation, with micro & macro-tactics and active strategies, and you have the WASP way.
  16. Dinapuff

Joining WASP nets you a gaming community spanning more than just Planetside. It is a mature and reasonable outfit with reasonable demands of its players. WASP's only want is for you to play the game and enjoy yourself. You do this by attending our weekly operations. In those operations there is a place for growth and competitive play just like outside of them there is room for casual play.

As an outfit member I know personally that they recognize individual contribution to the outfit, and its community managers let everyone have their fair amount of dues. You want to lead squads? WASP will provide a mentor to aid you in the journey from budding new player into an iron willed platoon commander provided you follow through on your end by actually trying to lead. During an ended operation we ask every player to provide their valuable feedback to continuously improve ourselves at the game and as individuals.

You want to fly in a reaver or drive an MBT? WASP weekly PANTS provide some of the more organized play sessions featuring both and we're not shy on teaching parts of the game away to others or roll with another outfit during our COOP-ops. With WASP at your back the only thing that stops you from being better is yourself.

Unlike most traditional hardboiled outfits WASP is a gaming community first and a planetside 2 community second. WASP is an outfit that recognize the time you have spent, and the bonds you have forged through days of playtime. If your interest in Planetside wanes you can ask to be demoted into NEST rank which lets you play with us on a more casual level.

WASP is an outfit that you can marry. We stay with you through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, until your death or if for some reason you quit pc gaming entirely (which means there is probably going to be a woman and a baby involved - and even then she will probably give you leave to play for an operation or two a week).
  17. Arphelior

I completely agree with Dinapuff. I've been in WASP for over a year now and (to be completely honest) I sometimes felt like I should've chosen a different faction (I have to say, I love the TR weapons). Initially I chose the NC solely for the Bolt driver. I thought that the NC would be the only one who would get such a sniper rifle (it was early beta; the shop wasn't there yet). Even now that every faction gets these weapons, I'm still very glad that I've chosen for the NC. If I had chosen another faction, I'd have never been in WASP and I'd never have met this amazing group of players.
  18. Notiz

I completly agree with bumping hostiles.
  19. Bvenged

WASP - we're your friendly neighbourhood bumpers.
  20. Dinapuff

We're WASPalicious.
    • Up x 1