Higby acknowledges that weapon balancing is done by TR and VS only

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Antivide

Pull out the nation card eh? Good on you. Be proud of yourself.
  2. VSMars

Funny, I found it works quite well - not to get kills, but to pin the enemy down or make them take a different, longer and/or more favourable to my side route. Death might be meaningless, but most people prefer not to die a meaningless death.
    • Up x 1
  3. MurderBunneh

If I'm playing a different game then I guess capping points is done from long range right? I guess I playing something different because VS didnt dominate the UES right? Just coming up with this **** right out of my head I guess.
    I know and everybody knows the SAW can be a great long range weapon the problem is that isn't a good choice for the HA class and it is gimped too much to be good at 1 thing.

I guess I will just hide outside of towers then. No reason to enter bio's at all with NC ha right? Anybody can get kills at long range its not hard and seldom really key. It is the guys who can go inside and clean house that decide battles.
  4. JudgeDeath

Really .... SOE as a company does its game balancing based on what side the devs play ?
    Thats basicly what this higby guy is saying ... I hope hes joking but even then its reaaaally bad.

Sounds like your using child labour ....
  5. exLupo

PSA - TTKs are calculated at STK (shots to kill) minus 1. The first shot doesn't factor into the time as the refire rate only begins after that point.

For those who like practical examples, the best and most obvious is a 2 body shot sniper rifle kill:
    The Parallax has a 1.5s refire. Assuming 2 body shots kill, using STK*Refire math, that would be 2*1.5s or 3sTTK. It is very easy to prove that this is not true. Instead, (STK-1)*Refire is seen as the case and a 1.5s TTK is easy to see. First shot fires, refire timer engages, second shot fires, target dies. Obvious applications to 3, 6, 90 shot kills.

While this doesn't always mean the world, it does, in many cases, change TTK rankings or bring them within effectively negligible ranges.

Thank you for your time. :)

edit: Duck Sauce has it pegged but with all the TTK talk and the frequency with which people make this mistake (it's something you see in any game with skill cooldowns and the like) it merited bringing up.
  6. exLupo

Source?

And I mean, not just some screenshot someone took. Actual stat tracking.
  7. Curse_Gamerkin

Must be a fake, TR have worst of everything thus far.
    ESF and MBT? VS
    Damage? NC
    Accuracy? VS
    MAX? NC
    Starting weapons? NC
    Reload speed? VS, but NC still good as hell.
    Oh but TR have fire rate... and clip size.. but high as hell recoil so you miss most of those shots... and slowest reload
    BALANCE COMPLETE
  8. Intruder313

Nope, you are right and it's only a few weapons at that which need either buffing or checking for mistakes.
    The Jackhammer's a bit different, it's so utterly pointless that it needs major work - not sure the listed buffs go far enough but it will certainly start to carve a niche in among the shotguns.
  9. LordMondando

Lol wurt?

Man TR have such a persecution complex.
  10. Curse_Gamerkin

Yes starting weapons, over half of NC HA use the Gauss SAW still, and Infils with bolt driver, and so on. You wont see a level 10+ TR infil with the 99sv. not to mention the CARV for TR HA was good, so they nerfed it. But the NC SAW is good, and they give it less recoil, balance at its best.
    • Up x 1
  11. Intruder313

Much of your list is wrong and you deliberately gloss over the categories where TR wins out. You can't discount Ammo Pool entirely or say your recoil is worse, try the STOCK Gauss Rifle or STOCK Gauss SAW vs your Stock equivalents then, after you've recovered from the facial bruising the NC guns inflict, come back.

Tanks: Vanguard is the worst tank - this has been confirmed by the Devs metrics on tank performance.
    Fighter: the Mosquito is close to the Scythe but the Reaver is universally acknowledged to be the worst fighter.
    Damage: How do you figure that? You can't look at damage per bullet if RoF is lower, DPS/TTK far more valid. If anything you'd rate VS lower on damage alone as their guns have more damage fall-off.
    Starting Weapons: NC are hands down the worst, especially in the critical HA LMG category where the default Gauss SAW is unusable until you spend 300 Certs on it. A VS heavy can go on a rampage with the stock gun, TR only has to learn a wee bit of gun control to rack up kill streaks.
    MAX: TR is the BEST Max, the NC MAX is lethal only to 10m. At 10m and beyond (which is by definition more of the game) the TR with Twin Mercies (which they all fit) is the best MAX. Not all fights are in BioLabs.
    Accuracy: all about the same overall , VS have no bullet drop, NC have recoil issues on some key guns,

In summary: TR are absolutely far from the "worst in all categories", almost all agree NC need the most love. Crucially it seems SOE has acknowledged the latter.
  12. MarkAntony

It's good after spending 300 certs on it. without that it sucks. And many still prefer other gunns. Bolt driver is better than TR/VS weapons because it's bolt action. And TR have the best ESF.
  13. Xasapis

This is a testament of how much whiners are detached from actual gameplay.
    • The mosquito is the best air to air fighter. The reaver is the most stable air to ground platform but suffers in air to air. The scythe is somewhere in between.
    • MBTs, the prowler is by far the best infantry suppressing and killing tank. Vanguard is the best tank killer but suffers vs infantry. Magrider is somewhere in between.
    • TR and VS infantry guns are practically identical as numerous data mined from the game have proved already. The only difference is in ammo clips and reload times. NC guns have the damage, but new players seem unable to utilise it.
    • NC max is situational extremely strong. VS & TR maxes are almost identical.
    • Starting weapons, almost identical with the exception of NC.
    • Reload speed. VS have in theory faster reload speed but the bigger clip of TR means that they will be using the short reload speed more than the long one. (In case you're not aware of it, weapons have two reload speeds, a faster one when you still have bullets in the magazine, and a slower one when it's completely empty)
    If there is any of the three factions that could use some noobification of their weapons, that would be NC. TR & VS are almost identical in so many things it's not even funny. Well, VS do look better in spandex, beats wearing red/black pajamas.
  14. Compass

Vanguards, the best tank killer? @_@

I'm pretty sure I can count Burger Tank's deaths to Vanguards on two hands. I'm pretty sure the ground has a higher kill count against me <_<
    • Up x 1
  15. GamerOS

Damage is meaningless as refire rate of all most every weapon keeps DPS the same for everyone.
    NC MAX is only good at CQC while the other MAX suits are much better all round.
    NC starting weapons kind of sucks, the AR is generally below average, the LMG needs lots of certs and practise and the Carbine is so okay it's average.

The TR Mosquito is also the best ESF except for it's slightly larger hitbox.
    The Prowler excelss at killing infantry AND has the highest DPS of all tanks (but has to be in brawling range to use it obviously)
  16. Azzatai

Yeah, he's clearly not joking there. God what is wrong with people...
  17. Curse_Gamerkin

No one on these forums play the game, confirmed.
  18. LordMondando

Because its good at Long range, You won't seem them use it if they have to get close up, when they do, they loose. The EM6 beats it on all fronts.

Infil's will use the bolt driver as its pretty good, that is until they can afford the LA80.

"And so on", lol. you mean 'I ran out of examples'

I see, on Miller 40BR+ TR with Carv, Cycler and Trac Constantly. Why because certed into these are extremely competent CQC weapons and you can do long range with nearly any weapon with single shot if you know how to shoot. Its meh anyway, in large scale infantry combat CQC is pretty much all that matters atm.

With the exception of the SAW, and only in long range combat situations (which might as well be, the occasional time on Esamir near Jaegers crossing/fist). No NC who can afford to do otherwise will use the stock weapons.

I will note the AF-19 Mercenary is passable, however its 'jack of all trades, master of none' stat base has it utterly outclassed by the AX-11 at long ranges and in CQC it cannot hold a candle to the GD-7F.

Your argument, I has defeated it.
    • Up x 1
  19. VexTheRaven

I never got above a 1.0 kd even with 130 certs into my stock VS carbine until I started playing engie and dropping mines and repairing instead of taking objectives. What's the problem?
  20. Gav7x

I varely played 5 days in beta, but currently the most played factions are TR and VS, thats what i enjoy about NC.