DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. OmegaSupreme

2nd day no warping maybe luck :) gonna test more
  2. Rugged Malone

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 + i7 920 here, already on bios F13, and have tried setting minimum power state to 100%, it did not work for me. It's possible the desync may have gotten better in the previous patch, but it became unplayable again with the June 15 patch.

On two occurrences (before this patch) when the desync happened, I got a notice saying I was [a very large integer]th in the queue for the "continent" (the actual word "continent," not referencing the continent by name). This was while I was just driving around (far from the warpgate, and not redeploying).
  3. Delete Table Users

Running into this issue after the latest update (GU11?)

I cant play at all, tanks and infantry are warping all around, flying in the air and warping backwards. The game ran flawlessly before that. What a shame, such a great game and its not unplayable for me.
  4. tissueissue

I had non issue before GU10 and still suffering after GU11
  5. Darthbob509

i cant change my cpu clock settings without voiding my warranty. So i guess im stuck playing for 10 minute intervals >.>
  6. OmegaSupreme

new update warping again.
  7. wwwyzzerrdd

WOW im so ******* tired of this desync ****. for me, its been happening since ******* FEBRUARY. I quit the game because of it, after spending HOURS trying to resolve this issue myself, and with support (their response was pretty much, "we're aware of the issue, we have people working on it, but it probably has to do with your machine") <--- how much ******* sense does this make? they said that in February.

well, a RL friend just got the game, so i decided to try again with this ****. after trying some things mentioned in this thread (support directed me to this thread months ago, they have no ******* clue what to suggest themselves), the game was running BEAUTIFULLY, ALL DAY. just like it was for me for MONTHS before this issue arose out of the clear blue sky, right after GU02 (which, according to SOE support, is a coincidence).

now today its doing the same god damned thing: desync after no more than 5 minutes, EVERY TIME. **** warping everywhere.

NOTHING about my machine changed from yesterday to today, except the minor 10-something MB update to the client today (SURPRISE!)

You don't have to be a philosopher of logic to see that SOE is the only variable in this equation. how is it even possible there's no official word from SOE on this issue? it seems to affect enough people to warrant a response, even though support claims the exact opposite is true.

How about some god damned credibility SOE?
  8. SammySide

Bump. SOE needs to do something about this rather than being ignorant and refusing to acknowledge the problem.
  9. willowstyle

same since the update 11.
    i5 3570k@4.6 8go 670
  10. Bennybones

Me too! It's been gone for a while but came back a few days ago.
  11. Harrik

this started for me on Monday (1st July) was fine before that, I've not made any changes...
  12. FaLI3N

I used to get it every now and then but since last patch has gotten many times worse. I now fully expect to have to deal with this 4 or so times a night for at least 5 minutes each time and I've tried all the work-arounds without any success (thank you for trying to solve the issues though, great work)
  13. Sergio Lima

Same here, cant play major battles or get DeSync :(
  14. tigerchips

I noticed that when there are particular clans in the area that it is much worse. The VOID and IP, MAP outfits I have problems hitting even at close range with shotgun or lightning. These two outfits tend to stick with other outfits, so there is a correlation between having large outfits in the area and not being able to hit anyone.

Have a look for yourself
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618038375249/killboard

Notice how when the IP/VOID/MAP clan enters the fight at 8:58:56 PM I can't hit anything and my K/D goes right down after it.

I was using C4 a while ago, erm, I placed it on a group of infantry and I was the only one that died from the explosion, you serious?
  15. SammySide

Tiger im not sure if your experience is the same as mine, not sure about others. With mine I literally cannot do a thing, stuff barely syncs in the warpgate and as soon as im out of it everything starts flying, tanks planes and infantry just spazzing out. ******* ridiculous how there's still no answer from SOE about this issue, it's clearly affecting a lot of people and they are just too proud to admit they messed up/they cant roll back to GU2 to prevent the problem else it will ruin the entire game/they are just trying to ignore it and string people along till they quit so they dont have to do anything about such a serious problem.

I just hope that everyone in PS2 experiences this (not in a vicious way) but so that SOE finally takes notice and does something about it. I am 100% sure more and more and more people will get this bug in future untill a few years down the line when it finally breaks.
  16. DeathV3rm1n

I'm still getting this after trying all work-arounds. Everything (vehicles and infantry) starts warping around, and i start warping around for people around me. When this happens i can't do damage with any weapon or vehicle except with the knife if targets are not moving.

It's also not that fun to get hackusated (warping hack) by a whole NC platoon.

DeSync happens after about 1-2 hours of playtime, and re-logging or porting to another continent fixes it. Would be nice if this could get fixed before i get accidentally banned for being hackusated too many times. Only happens in PS2, no other game i've played.
  17. Shiden Kai

Guys , this desync or not ?
    • Up x 1
  18. AlphonseVaher

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

This should come with the same Warning about Bios, As it could cause overheating.

There are options in the Bios that moderate the Clock if it starts to heat up, and mitigates this by slowing the CPU slightly. Once I turned this off my Desync went away. (The Computer was custom Built and the Bios default came with these things enabled.)

I went through my Bios and found a few things that i could safely turn off that describe themselves as a Clock Modifier. (Slows it down or changes it in any way)
  19. Pytlik

20. tigerchips

Can someone please explain to me why my hit reg is much better with Vsync turned on? Vsync lowers framerate so you would expect it to get worse but no. Unless it's the fact that i'm lowering the framerate and it's able to send out more packets.

If this is the case then maybe we should be testing various things like limiting the framerate to between 25-40 with Vsync on and off. I'm guessing though that the people who don't have this problem have 75+ refresh rate along with 75 fps and vsync on.