DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. StB2000

I updated my realtek nic drivers and immediately got desync issues : hits not registering, wrong health status, ammo packs not working.... All is fine since i reverted to the original drivers.
  2. wwwyzzerrdd

Tried everything in this thread to fix this problem which has existed for me since the beginning of February. Before then, I was playing perfectly fine.

Here's the last response from technical support before I decided to give up and play other games:

"The problem you're encountering is not a problem with your system per se, but some sort of compatibility issue that keeps cropping up with a few select players. While you may have seen a lot of people experiencing this, the number of people who encounter it compared to the number of people actually playing PlanetSide 2 is very small which is why you do not see it in the top known issues knowledgebase article."

So basically they screwed us and happened to help more people than they screwed. "A few select players," yeah, that makes me feel better. Peace SOE, it was fun until you broke it. At least it only cost me 20 bucks to learn this lesson, never supporting SOE again.
    • Up x 1
  3. StB2000

Correction :
    I suffered again from desync today but only during the alert. At the exact moment the alert ended i could use my ammo packs again Weird.
  4. Rugged Malone

We should not be expected to disable stable overclocks for this game, especially when it is so starved for CPU. Please fix this SOE! The desyncs have really gotten unbearable since GU08.
  5. kabab

I've been going around in circles with support trying to get this fixed nothing seems to work, they even reference this thread :)

This is pretty embarrassing really I've spent hundreds on this game and it worked fine for ages now i can't play for more then 20min without it falling over.

Smed/Higgby really need to get their act together.
  6. Vachek

I would be interested to know how many are still having this issue besides myself, or how many have left the game because of it.
  7. Kapi

The desync issue has returned for me since my last posts in this thread (end of page 8). The patch on April 24 brought it back, but I was able to temporarily fix it via adjusting my CPU overclock. The May 9 patch reintroduced the issue and I've been unable to find a workaround this time.

Usually the desync sets in about 15 minutes after logging in on a character and persists for several minutes, goes away and then comes back again 10-15 minutes later. However, during the last couple of days I've been able to play for longer periods (at best several hours) without any major issues. Sometimes the desync returns, but only for a few seconds. I still get more severe and prolonged desync from time to time.
  8. Vachek

The onset of the desync seems to be anywhere from 30 secs to 15 mins, it usually starts with no damage to enemies while the rest of the world seems fine, then when I finally realize it or wait long enough everyone and everything starts jumping and flopping all over the place. I have never overclocked, no overclocking software, no network or connectivity issues. I have tried tooling around with HPET on and off, speedstep, intel turbo, core affinity, power regulation to cores, etc etc.

I have yet to find another work around that works now, the desync seems worse than ever.
  9. tigerchips

I suffered a desync just now, at one point the bullets went straight through the enemy and hit a vehicle that was on the other side. So either the enemy was in a completely different place to where he was on my screen or it's a bug that only effects enemies. On numerous occasions I have accidentally killed friendlies and not been able to kill the enemy.

Can anyone confirm this?

I think this bug was introduced sometime around the time they started faffing on with the infantry render distance problem, and the fact that it mainly happens during large fights might indicate that's it's a render problem. But i'm not an expert on these things so I don't really know.
  10. SadButTrue

Happens almost 10 times a day for me. Enemy take no damage is annoying, but the worst is taking damage after you've charged away from danger as max. I've died many a time after getting back to spawn room and still taking damage while there.
  11. Vachek

Im curious, for those of us suffering from the desyncs, is anyone not running win 7 or 8? Was reading about an issue with 7 and 8 switching processes from cores that was/is being patched. Can anyone confirm vista or xp suffers from this?
  12. xGreedFuSioN

now in GU09 and still getting this.
  13. Derrik

Guys I have Asus P6T SE motherboard and i7-920, also got desync since 02.13. Today i removed asus overcloaking soft EPU-6 Engine and droped BIOS settings to default, it seems this fixed desync for me, atleast I can play more than 2.5 hours without desync. Previously i always got it after 40-60 minuts. Cheers.
  14. ReTiCuLe

Enabling useplatformclock to true is bad.

TSC's the processors use nowadays is better than HPET.

Also if someone doesn't have a BIOS that supports it or its not enabled they're actually nerfing themselves.

Look it up yourselves.

Before telling people to try something at least back it up with research and facts. You sound like one of those guys that would mold two 110v plugs together, with wire cutters and duct tape if it was said to make your electricity faster to your PC you'd jump on trying it lmfao! I can see it now... dad I need to borrow your wire cutters... some guy wrote if I climb the pole for con ed and cut the insolation off it will make the PC have better voltages! Oh no it rained the copper wire make the thing outside go boom!! Will muh PC b OK u think dad!? Let me Google's it on my phone I'm sure there's an answer!
  15. Kpslook

I'm having the same problem, it started a few months ago. Can't play more than 15 minutes without starting to see vehicles spinning around, people walking in the air and warping everywhere.
    I only have these issues on PS2, other multiplayer games goes fine. Can't be my computer and even my network, It's a I7 with 4Gb Ram and a HD 5970 on a 20Mb cable connection.
  16. Mirbersc

Hey everyone! I just downloaded the game and got the same problem (everything warps around and the minimap goes totally crazy, like the game isn't sure of where anything is)

I did, however, find a workaround different to the ones I've seen so far, so maybe (hopefully) this one works for you too :)
    It has nothing to do with your computer. It's all in-game.
    So, Possible, temporary Fix: Whenever I start getting the problem, I join a squad (works better if you were in a squad from the beginning) and select the "squad deployment" or whatever (Again, I just got it, forgive me if the terms aren't correct) that appears right above the "instant action" button in the map.
    I THINK the game re-locates the actual coordinate of a teammate to be able to spawn me there, and therefore the rest of the coordinates for the other objects just fall into place. It's just a theory, I'm not at all sure if that's the reason why, but for me it clears the warping every time. This is NOT permanent, and it just keeps happening (to me), but when it happens I just do it again. Takes so little time that I don't even mind anymore.

Also, the warping cleared one time that a medic healed me (again, maybe interacting with something in-game helps the server "realize" where everything is in relation to me). But this only happened once. I just thought maybe it was worth mentioning.

I'm using an ASUS gaming laptop, if you need more info, but again, this is all in-game.
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    Intel Core i7, 2.3 GHz (no over/underclocking)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M
    Windows 7 64bits
    Everything is in its default state (no overclocking, no modified BIOS, etc. Just a regular PC)

It's a simple thing, but I really hope that helps you guys. Sorry if it doesn't :/ ...
  17. TermiGR

Hello! I was away for ~3 month. I returned Monday and got my first desync issues on wednesday. Its just not playable for me.
    I tried everything posted before. I even updated my Bios of the Gigabyte GA-x58-UD7 and reinstalled my Windows and PlanetSide. I just have Windows 7 (x64) and PlanetSide 2 installed. Its just frustrating, after paying for 6 more Month!
    The only thing i did not try so far is to put a new NIC in my System, deaktivate my HPET and Intel Turbo Boost completely. I was in the Chat with the Support and they just redirected me to this thread.

SOE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING FAST!

Best regards
  18. TermiGR

I did fix it for me!
    After reinstalling Windows 7 and just PlanetSide 2, the problem was still there.
    Then i updatet my BIOS again to Version FD - - - > no more warping!!!
    I have a Gigabyte GA-x58A-UD7 (version 2.0)!

Maybe this will help some of you!
  19. OmegaSupreme

hey i have updated my gigabyte motherboard bios also , as of right now no warp but ill see what happend next time .
  20. OmegaSupreme

gonna try again later at night today ill report what is going on , yesterday no warping but FPS on big battles were like 20-30 thats what i noticed but damage registers better then my previous warping issues .