DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Icy12

Ive had this problem for a few days. I tried everything on this thread and more and for some reason when I used Razer Gamebooster it works without a problem. I suggest trying it, I was about to give up and just randomly remembered I had the program.
  2. Raptor425

I've had the no damage bug but people were not skipping around they moved around like normal and could do damage to me but I couldn't hurt them. I put a full clip of Flare ammo into an NC engi's back and didn't even scratch him. The odd thing though was that I could knife people and it would do damage but not the guns.

This has happened alot to me and I don't want to stop playing this awesome game because I can't kill anyone.

Any suggestions?

I had a bit of fun running around a knifing people but that got old quick.

Haven't read all the posts on here so I don't know if you have already answered it.
  3. MrMartinez

Just wanted to share my experience, I had this issue and resolved it by:

1. Restoring factory default in my BIOS.
    2. Uninstalling EasyTune6 (GIGABYTE software to tweak motherboard settings).
  4. mogmaw

it seems the no damage bug is back, after it was fixed and worked fine month or so... now its back the problem seems to start after server hotfix 04.19.2013
    all runs stable at stock no overclocking on a asus motherboard...
  5. Khuden

Having the issue here.

Step 1 - The 'downclock' or forcing a stable overclock is not something I'm familiar with nor comfortable with.

Step 2 - I lack an ASUS motherboard or graphics card so it does not seem to apply to me. I'm not aware of any dynamic power saving settings on my motherboard.

Step 3 - I made sure that my system is set to High Performance in the power options.

Step 4 - the BCD Edit step. I followed the instructions to turn on the BCDEDIT feature that was described in this step. I originally began having the desync issue after GU07 and the BCDEdit step SEEMED to have fixed the issue then. However after Wednesday's patch, the issue is back as bad as ever. I do not know if the patch broke the game even worse, or if the problem was never really fixed by the BCD Edit step and I'm just running back into it now.

I am once again left with an unplayable game while SOE has been zero help. Have they even acknowledged the issue? Have they stated they would be doing anything for their paying customers who are unable to play their game because of this issue? I've got an auraxium-level subscription, and I would greatly appreciate knowing that they aren't just going to take my money and leave me with this broken mess.
    • Up x 1
  6. mark100

i am not exspeting this to matter but just curers what server every 1 play on with this bug see if it just 1 server or the usa or eurep
    i am on cobalt
  7. Philipsz

^ This.
  8. OmegaSupreme

i have got auraxium level also and im not playing! SOE whats up ? i dont mind use the money i paid to fix it
  9. ReTiCuLe

10. OmegaSupreme

They need to fix it not us .
  11. Mogsy

interesting, i haven't removed mine yet, but get a few CTD's daily and poor hit rate sometimes on Cobalt server -- internet connection fine for other games.
  12. Tamonize

experiencing increased desync instances since GU08. I wish that they focus more on fixing existing problems and optimization on GU09 (I actually hate how they even posted a disclaimer that theyre doing everything they can for optimization so that we'll shut up yet we just encounter problems from one update to another. Sucks so bad).

Like what my friend says, planetside 2 updates create more problems than it actually fix.
  13. tigerchips

Well, I left the game today after the game started pausing for 5 seconds, screen flickering all over. I could not revive at one point. I tried to log in several times but I still couldn't hit anyone even at close range. My K/D ratio went from 2.0 to 1.0 or less.
  14. LordSpamtar

i used to get this bug as well,
    i was using a onboard motherboard NIC ( GA-890FXA-UD5 rev 02 ) it was giving me the *****, i had done everything from
    drivers update
    driver delete and reinstall from fresh download
    network diagnostics
    ping the servers
    formatted the computer
    moved house
    changed interent companys
    cable tests different modems
    diferent cables
    even different lan ports as my MB has 2
    formatted computer
    formatted again and put windows 8 on
    edited settings to remove any auto negotiation between my router and me were set to work the best.

so as you can see there is nothing else i could have done, then i did another thing which was a smart *** joke thing,
    i got a mate who had a few 1 gigabit NIC's laying around. so i put one in, disabled my onboard NIC and it worked instantly and my no damage bug was gone
    so my advise would be to try a old NIC and see if that helps
  15. Hypersot

now, this is some serious info. If what you say it's true and this game needs *specific* interfaces to run properly (assuming that your old nic didn't have any issues with other software) then I'm afraid there's no hope for the game until they seriously sit down and start solving issues

I can't believe that we have reached a point where its preferred to use *specific* cpu brands, *specific* gpu brands (for game's physx) and now, *specific* network controllers??
  16. tigerchips

Well I think mines built into the motherboard so I don't see how I can fix that, I do have an old computer but not sure if it has a NIC or not.

Is there not some software options you can change to fix this?
  17. kabab

Guys there are only 2 things we can do..

File support tickets..

And spam the **** outa @Higby, @Smedley and #planteside2 on twitter i think the only way to get a response is to generate some bad PR.
  18. tigerchips

I wonder if this is a Realtek lan driver problem? I'm going to disable a few things like flow control, etc, to see if it's that.
  19. tigerchips

Actually, the problem got a lot worse when I disabled some settings. Maybe I should uninstall the driver completely. Although at the same time my outfit members were saying they couldn't hit, heal, or revive.
  20. popodom

does anyone know if this can be caused by very bad/slow internet, as i have only seen these problems during peak times(on the servers, and the local internet exchange).

p.s. my internet is very very very poor at times.