Can i get a cert Refund for the foregrip/compensator...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BrB Stove Exploded, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Copasetic

I think it makes around 10% difference, it's hardly noticeable at all. In fact I think you'd have to record the hit pattern of the gun a hundred times each then average them to see the difference it really makes. For 100 certs it's something I would buy when I have nothing left to spend certs on, not before.
  2. BrB Stove Exploded

Wow look at all the fanboi;s STILL coming here saying forgrip/compensator work on Smei-Auto weapons.

Again noobs, scrubs, and fanboi's....

AUTOMATIC WEAPONS WORK WITH GRIP/COMP.

SEMI-AUTO WEAPONS DO NOT. If you think they do, you just have buyers remorse and are to upset to say and realize you got jipped. Wake up kids.

They need to remove these attachments from Semi-Auto weapons and refund people who bought them.

or...

Make them work?

These are the same kids who think Silencers reduce bullet damage...
  3. Azurewind

Please, stop. You've been attacking the only people who provided solid data in your own thread to back up their claims. In response, you've done nothing but shout in all caps and throw names around. You're the least constructive person in the task of accomplishing what you set out to do by creating this thread.

Yeah, and instead of showing your data for interpretation and critique, you throw the following around against people who did...

Please stop being "that guy" on the internet people always refer to when they think of discussion forums. This stuff doesn't help anyone get anything done.
    • Up x 4
  4. Flarestar

Post testing results or G.T.F.O.
  5. Ausk

Here, i have a video i took myself, i can confirm ( only on the NS-11 ) that the foregrip and compensator do absolutely nothing on the NS-11 Platinum... after spending 200 certs on them i was a very saaaahd panda. hope for a fix soon :D

( also watch the entire video, i do three volleys: first is with Foregrip + comp, second without them, third again with them )
  6. Zaik

The GR-22 has one directional horizontal recoil, it might have something to do with that. Most NC guns(most guns in general probably) have alternating direction horizontal recoil.

One mistake I think you guys are making though is you're using low magnification optics to try to measure the differences. I'm using a 6x scope in that video and it's much more obvious. With ironsights there'd be no way to tell I even did anything.
  7. TeknoBug

8. Jestunhi

A worrying amount of people here seem to think that absence of proof is proof of absence.

Just because you can't tell the difference, doesn't mean there isn't one. Especially when others can tell.
  9. Ausk

I saw NO effect on recoil reduction on vertical or horizontal, and that was with both a compensator and foregrip.
    It seems to me that the ns-11 is bugged, and if its not... then why does it even have foregrip compensator? seriously...
  10. Ausk

were not talking about one gun, stop generalizing the issue here...
    The issue is that SOME guns are not effected by the compensator and / or foregrip.

and as a final note, this argument is absolutely moot until we get the actual hard numbers, not videos and testimonials
  11. Jestunhi

No, but it's lots of "one person" stating their opinion as fact.

"I saw no improvement, it doesn't improve it", "I agree", "I disagree", etc.

It's a string is observations by individuals.

You are right though, nothing will really come from this discussion when it's just about how well it "seems" to work.
  12. Ausk

well.... all i am saying is that its my opinion that if a compensator and foregrip ( costing 200 danrned certifications ) does that negligible of recoil reduction on the NS-11, and is working as intended...
    then it is absolutely pointless to even use them, its just wasted space.

this is probably how the other people feel about it...
  13. StrangerDanger

....its only 100 certs. Ive spent more certs accidentally clicking the wrong item and lived with it.

100 certs is like a few hours of play...youll live through this. Your life isnt over my friend.
  14. Jestunhi

I think that in the time some people dedicate to threads like this they could have got enough cert points to replace it...
  15. Ausk

you say that like i am so bent out of shape... im not, i am simply stating an opinion.
    Your argument used is never going to help anything or contribute to any good conversation; only continue in negative argument, please don't use personal attacks.

ps.
    the fact that i spent the certs is NOT the point, the point is that im trying to point out flaw / issue to make the game better.

also im hoping the thing gets fixed if it is indeed broken, i still use the two parts and wont stop either
  16. StrangerDanger

Your not the Op and i dont recall quoting you directly. Perhaps your specific gun has the item bugged, or perhaps you just dont notice it since its fractional reduction....that or you tested it all too close to a wall to really see the slight reduction.

Anyway, go on the forum offensive to people who quote you directly, i had to actually look up to see who exactly you were and what the heck you were talking about.

BTW you do seem really bent out of shape.
  17. Ausk

maybe seem that way, i am just trying to state something to help the game.
    really though it doesn't bug me too much.

heck i like the comp and foregrip just because they look neat lol :D
  18. BrB Stove Exploded

The refund is worthless. I have close to 3000 certs now. I could care less about 100.

The title was more to get people to click the link, and instead of a refund the obvious answer is to simply fix the attachments or remove them for weapons they do not work on.

Im sorry but i just find it skeptical they even put the Foregrip option on the Bolt rifles. Why would they do that? It makes no sense. Serves no purpose but to just make people waste certs. Is that what this game has? Cert sinks? I just want to know the facts about these items.

Its very clear that through out the community the Grip/Comp is looked at generally as a wasted investment. These items probably did something before they added the "Recoil Compensation" near the end of beta. I believe this is the problem causing semi-autos not to work with grip/comp.
  19. BrB Stove Exploded

This is just basic aiming, and fps 101....nothing here shows how the comp/foregrip actually work or if they even do.

If he shot the EM with and without the grip i could see an argument. But he just threw it on it with out first showing that the stock version does.

P.s. Its also an automatic weapon, which grip/comp actually work for. We are discussing SEMI-AUTO WEAPONS.

Also the effect they have on automatic weapons is so small, they are not needed if you use the "method" in that video you linked. I have always compensated for recoil with my mouse, this is nothing new. Why would i need a .0000001 increase? Its useless.
  20. Jestunhi

Presumably you believe all the posts which agree with you and think all the other people who claim the opposite are lying?

Possibly in some elaborate conspiracy?