Can i get a cert Refund for the foregrip/compensator...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BrB Stove Exploded, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Kite Carling

I just tested the compensator on my (underwhelming) VS Eidolon battle-rifle. Firing 20 rounds semiauto in about 5 seconds (with no manual correction) actually had the final shot fired something like 30% higher up when uncompensated.

This totally took me by surprise; I actually did this test to verify that the compensators were not working. I had a mini patch (40 MB) download before I could get on to test just now: was this just added? I could swear that they felt useless on earlier tests (this last test was more carefully done against standard bacgrounds etc.)

What's going on? Did they just not feel better the first time round? That battle-rifle sure does kick. Not got epic stopping power either really: 4 body shots to a freshly pod-dropped engy at close range to kill. Hard to callibrate on others in the field.
  2. Sturmhardt

It would make sense that they have no effect on semi auto rifles because their use is only for sustained fire - which does not exist with semi auto rifles.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flarestar

It wasn't just added.

There was an immediate difference last night in the climb of my Solstice SF last night when I got around to putting a compensator on.

The main thing is that it really only matters on full auto fire. Burst firing you'll see almost no difference because your weapon is already correcting normally by the time you fire the next burst. Same with semiauto fire unless you're clicking as fast as you can.
  4. PanzerGoddess

LOL.....be nice everyone he has been "playing" since beta...he is pro ROFL MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rolleyes: it gives a slight %, does what it says it does even if it isnt noticeable by some.....however since your pro gamer you must be correct on this issue....to the OP that is, as well settle down child. State your issue, dont whine about it lol.
    Those attachments are just cosmetics for alot of players. Its been how long since the game has been live....and people are complaining about certs.....I cant imagine "how many" certs one can achieve in a year.

....yet I must remind myself how easy some people want things, and how much work they dont have to do to get them. At least its not RL monees right, I can only imagine the heart attack you would have if you spent real money on something that didnt work as intended. Does this even happen???
  5. Kite Carling

Of course semi-autos have sustained fire - you click the RMB rapidly.

In this situation the compensators are now definitely working, contrary to what the OP (and me a few days ago) thought.
  6. Lurid

Okay,to those saying that the Compensator only effects the fully automatic weapons. Great,fantastic, But if that is the real case,there is no way that a Compensator should be 150 Certs for the HSR-1(Which i bought the compensator for). And see virtually 0 difference in. Something really needs to be done about this. Either, increase how much recoil is reduced for semi-auto weapons. or B) remove the damn thing all together and return the certs to those who purchased it, Because right now,it is absolutely useless and is a total waste of cert points.
  7. Khada

8. Raigir

Been doing before and after testing with the Gauss Rifle S. Noticing no difference with the foregrip nor the compensator. That is super disappointing because god knows NC needs all the recoil reduction we can scrounge up.
  9. Killtrox

Confirming the grips do nothing for the horizontal recoil while ADS on ANY weapon.

Not even a 5=10% reduction.

There have been numerous complaints about this, a handful of videos proving this, and you can EASILY test it yourself in game.

Obvious bug that should not have been allowed to remain this long.
  10. MykeMichail

Foregrip on NC weapons is a massive difference.

Remember - the difference with the foregrip is for HORIZONTAL recoil, not vertical, and with SUSTAINED bursts.

I personally found the foregrip invaluable on the stock NC LMG, as it allows you to do longer, more accurate bursts over long ranges.

Without it, its almost impossible to control the horizontal recoil at longer ranges.
  11. Liquid23

anecdotes are not valid evidence
  12. Phyr

Used a foregrip on the TR light assault weapon, tested scoped/unscoped, with/without and saw no difference.
  13. AtomicGerman

As an NC player, the fore grip has made every bit of difference in the world for my Heavy Assault. I primarily use my EM1 for large firefights, and before it was a pain in the *** to even compensate that sucker at medium ranges. Witht eh foregrip it provides a small boost, but its enough now that I can easily kill enemies past 50 yards, engaging and re-acquiring targets has been so much easier. Even on my GD-22S which is already accurate in medium range to CQC the foregrip makes shooting from ironsights a peach.

That said. The difference isnt huge. but its definitely ENOUGH. Besides, what faction do you play, because most NC weapons on full auto are garbage without some sort of accuracy improvement.
  14. medbot544

Every attachment I have bought has been a major disappointment and I instantly regreted buying them.

Now I only use stock, no mod guns.

Man, I could have had claymore lvl 2 by now if I had known that majority of attachments suck and pretty much do nothing. Infact some are down right detremental like the suppressors which sound just as loud as a normal gun and makes you lose accuracy/dmg. Or the laser sight which even if you turn off, it still will telegraph my position due to the all telling light saber sticking 4ft infront of me. Then the rds scopes which on some guns are awsome but on the ones I prefer they have a huge *** red dot covering the screen. Then the front grips which pretty much only effect HA/LA guns; everything else there is little and in some case NO difference. Rest the attachments other than maybe sniper scopes all in all are a waste of certs to me.

Personally I use stock guns and invest those hard earned certs into worth while things instead now. I learned that after blowing 300+ certs now on crappy attachments I will never use.

WTB attachment trial! Right now, it seems they want you to make mistakes. Caveat empor!
  15. Trysaeder

It doesn't even have to be sustained. I compared a stock Polaris back in beta with an advanced foregrip, firing 3 shot bursts. The angle of the second and third shots compared to the first one was at 11 and 1 o'clock where the first shot is in the centre of the clock. Equipping the advanced forward grip made the shots land about 30% closer to the 12 o'clock position.
  16. Phyr

Beta has no bearing on how the attachments work right now.
  17. TheBloodEagle

I definitely feel you. The compensator & foregrip do nothing for the Battle Rifles even if quick firing (say panic shooting in CQB). They are a big waste of certs. You would think, since they are offered, they would do anything, but they don't. It doesn't benefit how the Battle Rifles are meant to be fired. I should of realized that before wasting 200; tried them on the AMR-66. But on everything else they are great. Love 'em on my CARV-S.
  18. Trysaeder

Yeah, because they'd just deliberately remove and break an attachment that worked fine not 2 weeks ago. Sure.

Until someone shows proof that they do not work, the skeptics have no reason to keep posting.
  19. Phyr

Where did I say the deliberately broke it?
  20. Trysaeder

It takes more effort to change something than to leave it alone. If something changed, then someone had to actively do something for it to occur, as opposed to leaving it alone.