TLP 40 slot bags on Phini

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rekais910, Nov 25, 2015.

1. EQ1999 Elder

Looks like most of active RF/LJ will merge onto Phinny with the addition of plenty more folks coming back/starting based on the instancing, etc.

DBG has simply shifted the TLP population back to one server. If I had to guess I would say easily 80% will be on Phinny and 20% left on RF/LJ - seems to be mostly euro crowd who prefer 6 months.
  2. Agrippa Augur

Roshen will a second bag also be available for people that play on other servers and had the sense to not claim the bag until more information was available? Everyone knew full well that Phinny was announced to launch by the end of the year.
  3. Works Elder

Wait, are you asking if you can have two bags on Phinny?
  4. Agrippa Augur

@Works: I'm asking for the same two bags that Phinny players will have the option of getting, if this really happens, no matter which server(s) I choose to claim them on. They're not lore. Phinny's launch by the end of the year was a well known thing long before the bags were available. Many people had the foresight and sense not to claim the bags until more information was available. Where I choose to claim the bag(s) is a moot point. If two bags are made available to anyone, they should be made available to all.
  5. EQ1999 Elder

Foresight and sense? There was nothing official until a month after the bags were available. We can't all be Nostradamus like you. Why can't you be happy with a lore bag. The solution Roshen posted is plenty fair.
  6. Agrippa Augur

There were plenty of public announcements about the server being launched before the end of the year. Why can't you be happy with the bag that you claimed and got use out of? I just want what is fair: If two bags are available to players that choose to make new characters on Phinny, then two bags need to be made available to players on all servers.
  7. MBear Augur

Fair would be a bag on PA and a bag on another server of your choice.
  8. Agrippa Augur

Fair would be letting players on any server buy another bag. Just add a lore tag if they feel it's necessary. *nods*
  9. Works Elder

First of all, you are clearly angling for two bags on Phinny. If Roshen is able to push through what he's suggested (which would be awesome), a total of two bags will be available per account. One exclusive to Phinny and one on any other server. If you choose not to play on Phinny, you only get one bag.

There is nothing whatsoever that is unfair about that because anyone is welcome to play on Phinny and get a second bag.

Also, with all due respect: ridiculous hair-splitting like this is why the phrase "Don't give them an inch..." exists. And also most likely why the devs engage as little as possible on these forums. I don't blame them a bit.
  10. ILikeScotch New Member

What is the weight of the bag, does anyone know??
    Thanks in advance.
  11. Vaclav Augur

1.0 wt, giant size, 40 slot, 100% Weight Reduction
  12. Agrippa Augur

@Works: As long as you get your two bags, it's all good, right? I'm just saying if they allow new Phinny players to get two bags, they should allow two bags for everyone, regardless of servers. But you got yours, so everyone else. I guess a few people had been asking for another Legends server. Grats Phinny only players, I guess. You got yours.
  13. MBear Augur

These bags shouldn't even be on TLP anyway. They are completely not in the spirit of the earlier expansions. You can't have breeze but here is your 40 slot 100% WR bag...That is pretty lame.
    Zujilli likes this.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

More worried about mage pets, than someone with a bag.
  15. Works Elder

If that's how you want to twist up "You can get a second bag but only on Phinny" in your head, go for it. Yes, going by what Roshen suggested I could own two bags but only one of them could exist on Phinny. You've repeatedly glossed over that fact and it's really the only salient point in this whole argument: how many bags a person could own on Phinny, which is 1. If you were in here arguing that you bought a bag on Ragefire / Lockjaw and thus should also be allowed to buy a 2nd bag on any server of their choice I wouldn't take any issue with that. But that's not what you're arguing at all: You want two bags, on Phinny.

I'm impressed that your forward thinking prevented you from claiming the bag you paid for and I'm sorry that it backfired if it turns out you could have just claimed it all along and gotten another one on the new server later. The upside is that you can still claim your one bag on Phinny just like everyone else, assuming that actually happens at all. And if it doesn't (which I don't think is a stretch), guess what? Those of us that roll up a main on Phinny using an account that already owns the bag are going out in the cold while you're contentedly stuffing loots into your wisely saved Steadfast Satchel.

And just so it's clear where I stand, I still don't understand why they don't just let everyone buy one per server unless it's something they simply don't have the technical ability to do. They'd make a fortune and from a gameplay standpoint limiting an item to one per server vs one per account is effectively the same exact thing.

Edit: No it's not. I forget that free accounts on Live are a thing and also that I, someone who hasn't even played consistently since 2002, has four accounts. I could imagine a sea of 40 slot 100% bags becoming an issue in any number of ways. So I kinda take that last part back..
    EQ1999 likes this.
  16. EQ1999 Elder

Based on your continued non-sense, I think some hand-holding is in order:

When the new expansion was released, Steadfast Satchel was made specifically for the TLP servers.
    When the new expansion was released, Satchel of Shattered Eternities was made available for those purchasing the Collector's or Premium Edition.

Because the vast majority of those who purchased their bag on RF/LJ are likely to never use their bag again on those servers - due to the upcoming release of Phinigel - Roshen has stated that he does not want all of those players to be punished for making that purchase without previously knowing about the new server.

Now, if you have claimed your Satchel of Shattered Eternities on one account on a live server, what reason would you have to claim another one on another live server? Have DBG recently decided to open a new Live server on December 9th where you plan to start over from scratch and completely abandon your other live server character? Because that is the only way your situation would be analogous to the RF/LJ/Phinny situation.
    Works likes this.
  17. Agrippa Augur

Two bags, at least, were made available to players on any servers. Thank you, DBG, for keeping it fair.
  18. Works Elder

I still don't see anything that indicates that there are two bags available on any server. There are two bags, but the FAQ and the purchase page for the Steadfast Satchel still says it's once-per-account and the Satchel of Shattered Eternities that comes with the collectors edition of the expansion isn't claimable on TLP servers.

Can anyone clarify this, since it seems like the devs won't? If it's like other claimables DBG is perfectly happy to allow you spend money twice on something you can only use once and I don't really care to throw $35 into the wind just to test it.

A dev response would be nice.

Edit: When I say "a dev response would be nice" all I'm asking for is someone to say "Yes, we will make another bag for Phinny that you can buy or you can buy another Steadfast and claim it on Phinny" or "No, it's once per account. Period". I don't really understand why this has to remain unclear.

Not going to get bent out of shape, I'm just kinda attached to my old main account and don't want to create a primary character on a new account if I don't have to.
  19. Agrippa Augur

I claimed and had two bags on one character on Lockjaw. I ended up putting both bags in shared bank, though. I haven't tried buying more than two.
  20. Lateryn Augur