Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBC0 Elder

Who said Lockjaw is being released today?
  2. guado Augur

No one. I am trying to call something here. ;)
  3. SBC0 Elder

Why would they offer transfers for anyone higher than level 1 on a new progression server?
  4. SBC0 Elder

Don't freak me out like that!
  5. Cxaxukluth New Member

Thanks for the hard work and dedication EQ1 team!
    Kruller and SBC0 like this.
  6. SBC0 Elder

Enough with the no boxing and separate server for it. IT IS NOT HAPPENING! And just because people box does not mean they use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or any other program.
  7. SBC0 Elder

I agree with some things except the statement " Server transfers need to be allowed to the new Lockjaw server. Given the time, effort, station cash and yes even frustration at the amount of time spent in queues, a lot of people are very reluctant to abandon the characters they have created on Ragefire. So, if you do not allow server transfers, then lockjaw will become an empty server even faster than Vulak did."

This makes no sense. If people are spent a majority of their time in queues, how could they have spent a lot of time on their character? And, if people spent a lot of time and money on items and don't want to start over, stay on the server... Or, re-roll a new character on a new server... I hope they are reluctant to transfer- leaves more room on Lockjaw.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  8. Truhaze New Member

Well to be honest I have 6 accounts still from back in 2000. Not to mention boxing on servers that are pay to play only helps bring income in. I believe boxing isn't an issue, camping always has been, but if you actually played since 1999 you know how to clear out campers quickly.. And us boxers don't have much chance against it. ;)
  9. Ceffener Augur

How about just fix the problem of 3 day spawn times for raid bosses. Let guilds have weekly/biweekly lockouts or whatever you want.

Then people play the game the way they want and have fun. There are reasons games have changed since 1999. Normal people can not dedicate 22 hours a day to playing a video game. If you can organize 20-40 people to down a raid boss once a week, you should be given that option to try.

Without lockouts only top tier guilds with unlimited time will down the end game that easily locked up by a single guild.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

First off I have zero plans of playing on either of these servers but all the hate towards boxers just makes me laugh. Without all the boxers this game would probably not be around any longer. All of the extra subscriptions, expansion purchases, SC/DBC that boxers spend to play makes this game profitable. Take that away and you can say goodbye to EQ.

Second to all the people hating on those who use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] not all of use roll out with 5 mages and a healer training everything in sight. I use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] boxing 4-6 toons at a time. When I six box I roll a ranger, cleric, bard, wizard, mage and necro using my ranger as a tank and puller. This requires a lot of focus, fast actions and attention to detail being your own tank, puller, healer and dps. People who don't use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and 3 box using alt tab with mercs have it much easier IMO since they can let mercs play for them while they get their toons into position.

Third anyone who uses a merc in any fashion is using an "automated" toon. Obviously there are not mercs on these new servers or I hope there are not any but for all of you who roll out with mercs on the normal servers and about boxers you are no better than them.

Fourth not everyone who boxes or uses [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is a total . Sure I farm to feed my toons but I am also respectful to other peoples camps. If I am in a zone farming and nobody is there I will hit up several camps but if someone enters the zone I will ask them what they are after. Often times I end up helping that individual get the item they need if they are in need of help.

So to sum thing up not everyone who boxes or uses [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is a piece of crap. The select few people who are being aholes on this server are the minority IMO. Most of us just want to play and have fun and not interrupt other peoples right to the same thing
    Baeddon likes this.
  11. LastToStand Journeyman

It's Because Holly Wind is a Boxer herself. She see nothing wrong with it. Boxing has destroyed EQ live servers for along time NO EQ live server is at High population if lucky at Med and Low server status
    , humm why is that Duh it's called Boxer,botting population are freaking greedy, no life scum bags.

Make this a NON-BOXING Server for Once in your gaming career stop thinking about money, it will come over time, patience is a virtue,

Doing transfers to Lockjaw from Ragefire is the worse idea I have ever heard in my life.

And people need to stop saying go to p99 go to p99 if you don't like boxers , stop using this shyyt as a escapegoat you addiction freaks.

What do you gotta show for yourself , nothing game pixels oh yeah I digital king of queen of the world.

Votes won't do nothing either for the fact, boxers and botters vote on all their accounts it's unbalanced

but if the Day break games want to take a risk and have a masssive chances of hitting the jackpot.

Do a NON-BOXING,NON-BOTTER Server. No Transfers Start clean slate.
    Leave that plague you allowed to happen on Ragefire.

Project 1999 took the risk and scored big time. we donate all the time. because we appreciate their hard work and dedication. Here we got Gm,s and Devs hidding behind a freaking Twitter post, and not on their actually Website seems very shady. DO what is right. not what these boxers want

You will have a healthy server with at least 3k people that don't bot garanteed.
    alot of people won't try p99 because of it begin a , but I am very sure alot of people that play EQ LIVE will jump on this to be a TRUE like it's 1999, don't feed us False Adverisement.

Sincerely , Heartwarmer.
    complexication likes this.
  12. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Boxing has been around since day one and no one complained until last week. The devs have nothing to do with it. It has nothing to do with "omg someone new is in charge now things changed!".

If you want to talk about something that changed about the quality and quantity of expansion content post VoA.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

"It's Because Holly Wind is a Boxer herself. She see nothing wrong with it. Boxing has destroyed EQ live servers for along time NO EQ live server is at High population if lucky at Med and Low server status
    , humm why is that Duh it's called Boxer,botting population are freaking greedy, no life scum bags."

Boxing is the only reason this game is still around. You remove all the boxers from the game and that is to much money to keep this game operational. Ever try to find a group at 2am? Most of the servers are dead at this time forcing us scum bags to box in the first place. It has nothing to do with greed but the desire to actually play the content without sitting around for hours spamming general with lfg only to go to bed without killing a single mob.
  14. LastToStand Journeyman

You have a valid point to some extent ,
    but the reason you cannot find a group is because them friends you so called boxers will not let you have a spot open in their group for their mercs since SOD or they want to play with themselves. Trust me i use to box because i had no choice to group to get xp for my main and my upcoming character. but what is the point? Boxing and botting has put a DOT (Damage over Time) on these servers now everyone has became accusstomed to this gaming style.
    Now I don't box on live if i don't need to. i only boxed to do epic encounters i could not solo on my own to get my wizard piece from the enraged golem in PoF and Phinny etc, and so forth.

Anyways my point is, when is this craving for boxing truly going to stop, and actually socialize with other human begins? or you rather tell yourself congrats on your lvls? You boxers are becoming outcasts and not want what they can Vagrants. I would love to group with you , even guild with you kind of people if you would take down your guard, and play like how it truly was in 1999/2002 the golden years of Verant then Soe combination of EverQuest I have played EQ for well over 14yrs but all i want to do is play the game have fun, and group with people that are not A.I.

In our lives are like robots in the system any how. Why not give a NON-Boxing server a chance at success.

Thanks Sincerely, Heartwarmer
  15. LastToStand Journeyman

You have a valid point to some extent ,
    but the reason you cannot find a group is because them friends you so called boxers will not let you have a spot open in their group for their mercs since SOD or they want to play with themselves. Trust me i use to box because i had no choice to group to get xp for my main and my upcoming character. but what is the point? Boxing and botting has put a DOT (Damage over Time) on these servers now everyone has became accusstomed to this gaming style.
    Now I don't box on live if i don't need to. i only boxed to do epic encounters i could not solo on my own to get my wizard piece from the enraged golem in PoF and Phinny etc, and so forth.

Anyways my point is, when is this craving for boxing truly going to stop, and actually socialize with other human begins? or you rather tell yourself congrats on your lvls? You boxers are becoming outcasts and not want what they can Vagrants. I would love to group with you , even guild with you kind of people if you would take down your guard, and play like how it truly was in 1999/2002 the golden years of Verant then Soe combination of EverQuest I have played EQ for well over 14yrs but all i want to do is play the game have fun, and group with people that are not A.I.

In our lives are like robots in the system any how. Why not give a NON-Boxing server a chance at success.

Thanks Sincerely, Heartwarmer
  16. Geroblue Augur

I think what would realy help around here are several things, 1) don't start a yelling post if yelling threads are already in use, 2) don't post based on some rumor you heard, really, 3) requesting something can work better than demanding something. Really.
  17. Gator34 New Member

Why not develop a ffa or team based pvp progression server? That would generate a huge amount of interest. From people away from eq. Or just fix zek pvp
  18. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

My friend you seem over wrought maybe a nice cup of tea with lots of milk and a nap would help.
    However to respond No transfers have been done in the past (Stromm, FV,Mayong, Fippy, Vulak, Prtogression 1.0 etc) all were moderately successful until they werent. No boxing has never been done once in 15 years on a mainstream server for corporations have a fiscal duty to make as much money as possible. The closest Sony ever came was the old legends server and they did that by charging so much for it that it was rare for anyone to have more than one account on it if they played there at all.

P1999 is certainly a viable alternative and worthy of mention, should you wish to avoid the poison of boxing it takes 20 minutes to get working and Rogean really doesnt want boxers on his server.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  19. sniper New Member

I am really looking forward to Lockjaw!
    Disable /follow is a great start. I for one will report every and all boxers I see.
  20. Lich New Member

Good point!
    If 2 players play from one IP them not need to use /follow command, if its really 2 different user :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.