Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_the_mage Augur

the amount of third party programs used on eqlive would make a TLP PVP server laughable. the devs dont do anything about it, its mostly accepted by daybreak. good luck pvp with this.

if you want a classic everquest pvp experience, you know where to go :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Chocolate New Member

if you don't want to control the boxers ,,,, ban the cheats . fix mage damage levels so they don't equal 4 normal players DPS even if they are the choosen class for some godforsaken reason.

External programs are not and never have been accepted in Everquest,

On the other hand .. if you want to box .. mage army etc etc STAY ON RAGEFIRE

YES ...I pay a subscription too , dose that mean I have less rights to having my enjoyment taken away by the selfish few ? Rage was screwed by cheats

ITs you business , I if you don't control these people, cheats .. forget the new server all the new and returning players that came back wont be here after a month ,, just save your money

Doubt I will continue to play after this ,,,, note to all you "Boxers" ... I haope you can buy a load of subs to keep this game going cause with out the rest of use you ain't got a game to ruin!!!!!!
    complexication likes this.
  3. Pookee New Member

Mmmm Cookies.

Uhh, Why do I have to lose my EQ seniority to a "New User" title? I have been a member of the Eq community since 1999. BAH, off with thee head.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Decalern New Member

Anyone know when this is supposed to go live?
  5. Kiladian New Member

In doing this, families could not play together. Bad idea.
  6. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

7. Baeddon Elder

They reset the forums X number of days or months or Years? ago. Everything forum related was reset, basically. Wow, I can't even remember when it happened.
  8. Baeddon Elder

9. Ziggy Augur

I realize that this thread is spiraling out of control, but I noticed that none of you that constantly say that the DEVS have always said that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is acceptable never bothered to answer this from Page 8

Perhaps the reason is that it never happened. The only thing I am aware of is a post on a EQ2 Fansite from Piestro (not a DEV) over 3 years ago. A lot has changed since then, Everquest being sold to a new company, Piestro no longer involved in the process and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] itself going from key replication to something far more now. In fact, most of their getting started instructions and videos specifically say to turn off key replication and use their application virtualization (their words, not mine).
  10. complexication Kassina

Unless they manage to make a ban using the computer's specific IP (192.168.x.x) and/or mac address, ip banning is virtually impossible because of DHCP leasing. Not to mention it's extremely easy to bypass an IP ban.
  11. Dilf Augur

I have the same feelings as everyone else regarding the login queues and such, but I think it will be a grave mistake to all flock to the new server as a knee-jerk reaction due to those problems. The way people act will not change if you are on a live server or the TLPs, so the camping/griefing/etc. will always be there. People dishing out $50+ a month to run full groups by themselves on a single computer will always be there. There is no commitment being made to merge the realms when Lockjaw becomes a ghost town and there is no indication that boxing will ever go away, so you need to exercise caution.

If you find the game remotely enjoyable, just hang in there because there will be years of entertainment and progression as the game re-releases itself. For me, it's like being 20 years old all over again (minus the wife, kids, mortgage)! I think cheesing the Classic fights with all the mages was lame, but then again it's not a big deal to me since we will see Kunark in 6 months. Make friends, do stuff, and get ready to work on Epic 1.0's soon!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Tachyon Augur

I plan to keep playing on both!
  13. KeltHighland New Member

I agree with limiting the Iboxers. If they can handle it without a cheat program good luck. I wish we had the server from long ago where it was PVP and if you died you went back to level 1 with nothing. It was ruthless and I died like 55 times but made it to 24 before getting tripple teamed.
    complexication likes this.
  14. necromancy New Member

A possible solution to the caster/pet/boxer issue is to ensure that NO XP is granted if pet does more than 50% of the damage to the mob. I believe this was a classic rule.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. SBC0 Elder

Dont equate boxing with cheats- there are many of us who box who don't even use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] let alone cheat.
  16. SBC0 Elder

That is a solution to the mage pet boxing- there are some of us who box with full groups of many different classes (not primarily mages)
  17. SBC0 Elder

There are a lot of us who can handle boxing without a cheat program- not that difficult...
    Xanumbik likes this.
  18. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

this thread has inspired me to setup a boxer account, my new army will be magex4, enchanter and druid cause boats are for suckers
    SBC0 likes this.
  19. Smokn Augur

why are you so blind. Like honestly I box 2 accounts, none of which are mages and no I don't cheat or hack, the only 3rd party programs I run are gamparse and gamtext triggers. Mages are also only this OP in classic eq, once Kunark goes live these morons that sell plat will no longer be able to do all the raids with the box mage army, ur not gonna get to VP THAT WAY!!!!! and one last thing, all classes have expansions that they are super overpowered so stop crying because it isn't the expansion that the class u play isn't the OP one
  20. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Such a singular simple and great idea!

Anddddd of course it no doubt 'can't be done'... because of discrepancies in old code etc... anything that would resume real class- unique delineation AND underline a continuing necessity going forward in the expansions to 80% need grouping was dropped and took away the heart of what an MMORPG is defined as.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.