Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank-n-Spank New Member

I agree with this sentiment, but realistically the powergamers will be downing those targets very fast even without boxing. It may not be 3 days, it may be 10, but that makes no significant impact on the ~6mo timeline.

I think next will be whining for a play-time-rationing server which doesn't allow you to play more than 2h a night or gain more than a level a day!
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Fellynn New Member

You all realize, that banning boxing on Lockjaw reduces the companies revenue stream significantly right? This game is run by an investment firm, who does not care about you being upset or crying like babies...they care about making MONEY.
    This is who owns the game:
    "The company is a multi-strategy investment firm with over $15 billion USD of assets in its own funds and affiliated portfolio companies, including Daybreak Game Company, Fiverr, and Rhapsody. Columbus Nova is the U.S.-based affiliate of the Renova Group of companies, one of the largest Russian strategic investors in the metallurgical, oil, machine engineering, mining, chemical, construction, housing, utilities and financial sectors."

If you think for a second they will do anything to jeopardize the incoming revenue stream, you're out of your minds.
    Just be lucky they are making the investment into bringing another server online, I'm sure the generosity will subside right there.
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. Rotlust Augur

Not really. yes on main servers but I've seen a lot of people quit over the years because of the frustration that boxers bring. Already seen it happen quite a bit on Ragefire alone. Making a server for non boxers and one for boxers would actually be a pretty wise move.

Boxers, especially in classic, have a HUGE effect on the economy and on camp spots. Having a place for people to go where they won't have to deal with it would encourage a lot of people to stay or even come back.
    Kasuka likes this.
  4. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

I see a lot of crying from people who quit the game over a decade ago about boxing. Sorry it's no longer 1999, people will box and DBG will let them for the sub money. you have a no box alternative, you may not like that alternative however it is there and it's even freeish.
    Hobitses likes this.
  5. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

exactly what i was thinking, the fact that they are even making a second server is a massive accommodation from DBG, expecting them to add a special ruleset to placate the usual vocal minority is way over anything anyone reasonable would expect given their endorsement of p1999 which already has a no-box ruleset.
    Hobitses and thechacko like this.
  6. complexication Kassina

You mean the 'freeish' thing that requires the titanium edition (which is about 200 dollars now) or piracy?

No thanks, and I'm honestly tired of project 1999 being the go-to answer rather than boxers and non-boxers trying to reach some sort of compromise to make everyone happy.
    Kasuka likes this.
  7. thechacko Elder

Will you offer transfers? I may move over just to remove bloating on this server. If the populations and instancing do enough to solve the current server issues it should be fairly easy to catch right back up. I'm mostly stagnating in the teens anyways because I can't find a good camp :)

I guess another big question is would you move an entire guild...
  8. Cacafuego Journeyman

Nahh, your way off.

If you want to box on a TLP, Ragefire is your Huckleberry.

Daybreak wont lose a dime. If anything, people that are planning on leaving the game out of disgust for what has happened on Ragefire may well be retained.

Net $$ add.

And you want to be my Latex salesman.

Go big or go home!
  9. Ceffener Augur

If only games hadn't solved the problems of KSing, training, over populated dungeons, etc. etc.

Probably not the best idea to play on servers trying to emulate a time that constantly had all these problems.

Actually I think everyone complaining about this stuff is very retro 99.

Mission accomplished.
  10. Cacafuego Journeyman

NT
  11. thechacko Elder

Well I decided to move and gave away me stuffs to random newbies tonight. Only thing I wish I could have moved was my DB cash purchases (some bags and a potion) or that I could at least give them away to other players.

I hope some of you will move too so it's not empty I don't want to be alone *tears up*.
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

You're likely talking about ruining my experience and I don't box 99.9% of the time.

Almost all of my play is with my wife. We keep two homes, we also travel quite a bit on cruises and such. So our IP changes often - which means an IP ban would block her from playing with me - unless I request an exemption at least THREE TIMES A YEAR and whatever wait is involved with each time.

/follow being removed makes my wife's terrible sense of direction in many zones (Toxx and Butcherblock) a ton more problematic - also our normal method of "Hey, while we're moving to the next camp - I'm going to (use the bathroom/get a snack/get a drink) - putting you on /follow in the meantime" is gone. Needless hassle that makes things more cumbersome.
    Hobitses likes this.
  13. Frenzic Augur

/taps Champagne glass

Well played sir, well played
  14. ipman New Member

Well first let me say thank you for all you guys are trying to do.
    I like to make a statement.
    For all the players complaining now about the new server.
    What are you complaining about, You want it to open up faster, That doesn't make sense to me your on a progression server just so it doesn't open up so fast. You complain about boxers well then dont box.
    Why should it matter if 6 people pay to play 6 mages or one guy pays to play 6 mages.
    Why do you care what they do. I think you all would be more happy just doing what you like to do instead of paying attention to people doing things you dont like. I for one like the idea of opening up more zones to instances cause I get tired of running around looking for mobs to kill. I for one like the idea that there is going to be plenty of time for people to see the whole game. Not just a few mobs on there way to 105. Any how please just try and sit back and enjoy the ride.
    thechacko, SBC0 and Bolten_DA like this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Eh, I am comfortable on money but one of those homes was actually a gift from the parents - and we've got friends in the cruise industry down here ($125/person - 5 day Disney Cruises - no joke, just last minute booking). Assuming a similar situation I'm sure someone earning far south of what I do could do the same.
  16. Mcbeth New Member

I hear both sides of the arguments and here is what I have come up with. Instances will help, I agree. How about doing a raid timer lock out on raid bosses and have those zones instanced also. This will allow everyone to get a chance at raid bosses and keep them from being perma camped by boxers or said elite uber guild and will help keep outrageous prices on items down. Just my 2cp.
  17. guado Augur

SURPRISE Lockjaw being released today AND a flash sale ?!!?!??! Please!?!?
    Also, a second big bag for our bank would be nice. You can call it the Lockjaw Founder Pack.
  18. SBC0 Elder

Hopefully this move doesn't bring along with them the total morons I've seen on Ragefire..
  19. WebNinja New Member

I wanted to say that you guys are doing a good job on getting the server up. No one could of anticipated the volume of players joining it. I'm glad to hear that you are in the process of adding a new server (Lockjaw) and the addition of the log in queue. Most new games or new servers of other games have the same problem usually and have built in queues for prime times.

The only thing I ask, if the addition of an ETA or even a number as to where you are in the queue. Right now it's hard to even tell you are in the queue or any kind of idea as to when it may be your turn.

And, as for everyone wanting to ban accounts from the same IP. A lot of households have multiple people playing at the same time. Whether it be husband/wife, parent/kid, or any other combination. Blocking multiple logins from the same IP is not the way to go. Maybe preventing multiple instances of EQ running on the same computer? Even then, that kills having a trader up on a separate account in the background. Either way, the solution is not to ban accounts from the same IP from playing at the same time.
  20. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

uniess they decide to spawn instances for every single raid level mob in the game it wont matter much.
    heres is how a raid is going to go and unless you can poopsock 18 hours a day and or muster in 15 minutes your not going to part of the early raid scene.
    1 someone with unlimited play time will be assigned to check track every 15 to 30 minutes in several raid level zones on a parked ranger or druid
    2 mob spawns yay
    3 tracker hits autodial and or skype and sends out the call to muster meanwhile he is moving towards the mob while checking to see if any opposing guilds start muster also if so his job will be to lock that mob by whatever means he can till force is present
    4 guild musters mob goes down loot is assigned

unless your available in the 20 minutes from spawn to mob down you arent going to be participating. just be glad most of the guilds will have moved on by velious, however no raid mob will be up more than an hour from spawn even after the tier 1 and 2 guilds have moved on so you better have a wide open play time if you really want to raid on a progression server.
    Fallfyres likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.