Ragefire Beta reward

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serakan, May 14, 2015.

1. Arcanum New Member

I would rather get a NORENT unsellable one use cloudy potion.

Much more useful to run across Antonica to meet other people than saving a few gold on a regular bag.
    Batbener, Ducreux and Barton like this.
  2. c313 Augur

Wait

So we're getting 2 bags. A 10 slot heavy bank bag, and an 8 slot normal bag. Both of which we can get for 5-10gold each at newbie starting areas?

I understand they did not want to make an unfair advantage.. But my god. Would imagine they would make the reward at least worth testing the beta for.
    Indrigoth and Barton like this.
  3. crag79 Augur

Daybreak- Here have two free bags
    Players- WTF are you giving me the crap for. I hate it. I hate everything that you do for me. You don't give me anything.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Daybreak- Here have a couple of plat for testing for hours.
    Players- Thanks, I guess?
    Tweelis and Xanadas like this.
  5. crag79 Augur

Is it more than you had before? Will it make your life a little bit easier for 20 minutes? Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Tweelis and Fallfyres like this.
  6. Lowstats Lorekeeper

Don't get me wrong I am grateful (sorta..kinda) for them rewarding us.

The problem I have is how lackluster the reward is. You can go out of your newbie starting area and kill for 10 minutes. Get the exact same items with a different name and graphic. Whereas in the Beta it took a good hour or 2 (Unless you beta buffed and sent lowbie gear to an low level / had a buff bot) to get stones in the 50-100 range.

I remember them saying they wanted to give out a reward to get testers to interested to test. Not really something I see as a fitting reward for this.

If we got something like a title, or at least a WR bag. I'd say the appreciation for the testers was there. But something we can literally get for 10 minutes worth of work is just .. kinda ... lame.

Of course this is going off of the assumption the page 1 Screen shot are the rewards we will get. its not official (to my knowledge) yet. But if those 2 are indeed the rewards, yeah.
  7. crag79 Augur

Are these the basic items though. Didn't they say something about the reward being based on a curve? or is the reward based on reaching that 50% mark of the curve?
  8. Darth Augur

DBG : "Hey guys come to beta and test the things we're wasting dev time on that you didn't ask for or even want, instead of the things you did ask for and did want. We'll give you a reward."

Players : "Cool!" //logs in and tests the xp rates, dps parses, newbie zone instancing, drops, quests, many many other things."

DBG: "Thanks for the hundreds and hundreds of man hours you've pored into making this a better server, btw we're removing the entire PNP and making this server free for all dps racing, oh and here your reward, it's something you would acquire through normal gameplay in a matter of minutes btw, so haha jokes on you f*cker!"

That's how I saw this all go down.
    Hendar2, Deadshade and Indrigoth like this.
  9. Adreus Lorekeeper

More than happy to get free bags; I'm not really one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Tweelis likes this.
  10. Misaligned Augur

Entitlement isn't just a generational thing; it's an infectious disease spreading throughout our culture. Having said that, I want a bag so big it would make Santa jelly.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  11. Trevalon Augur

8 slots, wow, I didn't think the reward was gonna be awesome but I at least thought it was gonna be a 10 slot bag.

I am glad that it wasnt OP, Bags are serious business.
  12. Selfless Lorekeeper

Lol at bags for a reward. I use to do something similar to noobs who asked me for stuff in Qeynos by giving them a giant snake fang. I'm sure once they got to blackburrow they were surprised to find that same giant snake fang.

Eventually though as the game progressed I'd try to give people giant snake fangs and they'd give me a similar response as to what you see in this thread now. Obviously DBG didn't get the memo, this con doesn't work anymore.
  13. Lowstats Lorekeeper

That's fairly different. That is mainly you being kind giving out random people something. Whereas this is a reward for testing out their server, the Pickzone, making sure out of era quests / items are not in game etc. Even them stating a reward worthy to get people interested to test. Which obviously failed to impress.

Again this is going off of the screenshots on page 1. This could be a curve. And that is the lowest of the low rewards given to players who only looted, say 1-10. But so far we're under the impression that is the full on reward.
    Deadshade likes this.
  14. Jadefox Augur

Basic bags?
    /shrug
    Cool. I can use 'em. Thx.

--Jade
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Jezzie Augur

Actually happy to be getting bags, I had fun on beta too. I didn't consider it work.
  16. Baldur Augur

So for all those saying you can get a 10 slot bank bag in newbie areas, can you tell me where? Cause I thought the only 10 slot bags in classic are hand made backpacks or spell research containers, and they are 10 plat each.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Where did people find out about these bags? Did they say how many beta tokens were needed there?
  18. crag79 Augur

You could buy mixing bowls which were 10 slots but the other night they got nerfed back to 4 slot containers. I don't think tool boxes are in yet (velious iirc).
  19. Lekkric18 Elder

Well, for those who worried the beta reward might be op, worry no more. o_O
  20. Frenzic Augur

I would have rather had a cool, non impactful item like an illusion or title.
    Jadefox and Indrigoth like this.