Ragefire Beta reward

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serakan, May 14, 2015.

1. Numiko Augur

I find it funny they asked for suggestion on what to hand out for rewards ...some good ideas were tossed out, some were over powered yes but many would have been a nice reward and were not overboard.

in those threads I never saw anyone suggest "oh just give us a standard backpack" ..

so much for listening to feedback like they always claim they are doing.
    Tudadar, Indrigoth and Frenzic like this.
  2. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say those aren't the final stats for the reward.
  3. oleris Elder

I think they just wanted to see what our reaction towards it would be. I'd actually prefer ~25-75 plat depending on how many stones you used. This early plat would allow people to buy spells and get some cheap merchant armor.
  4. Xenyn Lorekeeper

This is really quite pathetic. And the weight on the one bag is even 3, slap to the face of monks right there as well. Come on DB, it seems like you guys are testing how much crap news we can take prior to launch with this following the FFA announcement on every mob in the game.
    Deadshade likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

maybe if they come full of Milk and cookies it would be ok .....
    Jenarie likes this.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

We went from begging how much we want to just play around on a beta server to making threads complaining about the beta reward. Sigh.
  7. Beastro Augur

Wow, not even has weight redux on it.

Hoping this is shens and made up screenshots, else all it does it let down tons of people besides those who get a sense of superiority from waving their finger at overs over entitlement.
  8. Tudadar Augur

I really thought pre-naming chars was a sure thing. Guess not!
  9. Riou EQResource

Only real thing that bums me on the bag is that the weight is 3, way too heavy for a Monk. I could "deal with it" being the same as a backpack if it weighed nothing basically.
  10. Tudadar Augur

I dunno though. People asking for good rewards need to realize you can betabuff a 60 druid and tp a level 1 mage ( buying lvl 2 pet spell and malachite only ) to ej then run to FoB and go into the arena pit thing. Buff with sow/ds/hp buff/regen and once u get level 2 for the pet dont nuke or dmg any mobs to lower xp gain but keep getting beta tokens. You get one I think every kill from the mass yellow/reds there. Took about 45ish mins to get 111 maybe 55 if you count the running. Got those before hitting level 6.

I personally think the token thing is stupid. Especially not letting them drop from classic zones. There should of been an incentive for people to group if they wanted to token farm. I dont see how slaughtering mobs in field of bone helps the server any either. Classic zones are the most important ones for this server especially the dungeons. They should of been able to see the mass overcrowded zones.

I also dont like the secretative nature of the rewards. If they made beta tokens actually come from important things they should have been transparent and said what the reward would be and how many tokens you need. Lots of people have told me beta rewards always suck so thats probably why they kept it secret.
  11. Deadshade Augur

This is ridiculous.
    You don't ask people to come help you moving your furniture and then give them a glass of water at the end of the day saying "Here the reward I promised".

I didn't participate on Beta for a reward and as I did the testing seriously, I didn't find it fun either.
    I did it to help because help is what has been EXPLICITELY asked for.
    I could live with a thanks without any reward.
    But if there is to be a reward, giving a 6 gold standard bag that everybody can buy after 10 minutes of playing looks more like a deliberate insult than an expression of gratitude.
    tzeriel, MBear and Frenzic like this.
  12. Redik2 Augur

Nobody forced you to do anything, they asked you to do something. You could have said no.

Up until then you actually sounded like you knew what you were talking about. Ya know, like you weren't a whiny, entitled baby.

BOY WAS I WRONG

"Daybreak - I beta tested your game because you asked me to. I didn't even care about the reward. I didn't care about the reward so much I am complaining about the reward."

"Also, I make no sense and contradict myself frequently."
    Tweelis likes this.
  13. Archess Elder

I am fine with the reward being a bag, i was hoping actually for a bag, i however didnt expected it to be the same one you can buy for 1pp 4g, because i had 8 of those in the timespan of 1 hour on the server.

So they saved me 8-10 minutes playing /facepalm
    Indrigoth likes this.
  14. Tudadar Augur

I think lots of people are upset because they asked for ideas etc and as it stands the bag is like the most basic/easy to get reward possible. Bags are kinda iffy really. If you had weight reduc or more then 10 slots people that dont get will be upset.

I mean name reservation of 1 char per beta account for ragefire and it would have been packed. If people were told from the start about it and everyone was allowed in there wouldnt be issues really.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  15. crag79 Augur

Can I ask where this was made official? I haven't seen any posts from a Dev about it, nor seen it in game linked by a Dev. All we have is hearsay from someone.
    Tudadar likes this.
  16. Nyrvana New Member

Nobody from Daybreak has come onto this thread and confirmed or denied this as being the reward. SO I am still holding out hope they are not this stupid!
  17. crag79 Augur

My hope that this is either the most basic form that you can receive for the minimal amount of work and that it scales with how much you put into Beta. Aristo said something the other night to effect that they are givign extra rewards to those that make helpful /bug reports (don't remember if it was just more beta stones or other rewards).
  18. Lonewulf New Member

Aristo announced these rewards ingame last night.
  19. Numiko Augur

I don't mind the bags, and I did have fun beta testing, did not feel like work to me at all, what upset me was they specifically asked for feedback on what the award should be, many idea's were presented and then they totally ignored them all and came up with their own idea of a renamed standard backpack and a 50lb Box...

they keep saying "this progression server is being designed by the fans based on their feedback" but they forgot to add "except when we decided to ignore their feedback"
  20. Batbener Augur

They were never going to make it something that gives you an edge. A bag is fine. It's going to save me a trip to the vendor when I first start slaying rats. What I would have preferred is a race change potion, so that I can play the races I want without having to travel to meet my friends, and by friends I mean my boxes, because I have no friends :(